PDA

View Full Version : For All You RULES Lovers Out There...

NismoZ
04-07-16, 11:04 AM
Those dang little Honda/Ligier JS P2 cars are just TOO fast! Their reward for winning Daytona and Sebring is ANOTHER reduction in turbo boost. (2nd in 2 races:rolleyes:) Maybe Pipo should have one hand tied behind his back, too!? The GTLM AND GTD M6 BMWs also get reduced boost as do the new Ferrari 488GT3s. Now, I'm a Corvette/Jan fan but Corvette wins 2 after earlier being handed some pretty significant aero improvements. Hmmm...I liked that because I thought they were getting hosed prior to that but on the surface that doesn't LOOK too good. Ah, me...politics.

opinionated ow
04-08-16, 10:10 AM
Those dang little Honda/Ligier JS P2 cars are just TOO fast! Their reward for winning Daytona and Sebring is ANOTHER reduction in turbo boost. (2nd in 2 races:rolleyes:) Maybe Pipo should have one hand tied behind his back, too!? The GTLM AND GTD M6 BMWs also get reduced boost as do the new Ferrari 488GT3s. Now, I'm a Corvette/Jan fan but Corvette wins 2 after earlier being handed some pretty significant aero improvements. Hmmm...I liked that because I thought they were getting hosed prior to that but on the surface that doesn't LOOK too good. Ah, me...politics.

There should be no BOP in GTE!

NismoZ
04-10-16, 11:13 AM
...or simply MANDATE turbos!:D Just dial them up or down REMOTELY, DURING each race! Hmmm a twin-turbo 427 V-8 Corvette Stingray Grand Sport ZO8!:gomer:...I'll still watch and I DON"T want to see a Mercedes powered car win over and over and over...duhhhh... (yeah, I follow F-1 but not like I USED to!) NO BOP? What will we have?...All with the exact same power, weight, drag, downforce...Oh! INDY CAR!! Screw that...I believe what we WOULD have is ONE bazillionaire manufacturer winning all the time and pretty much ruining the product. (I LOVED Can Am, Mark Donohue was MY guy...but Porsche killed off McLaren AND the series.) What ANY series should want is competition... as fair as the Great Oz can make it! Now, unless Oz is getting paid under the table from Maranello (Uh huh...a light, aero, TURBO 488?)... or SOMEplace...? FUDGE things a little bit, TWEAK it a little...UNfudge and REtweak . It isn't about keeping the FANS interested in the close racing (though I really LIKE that) it's about keeping the MILLIONS of $$ pouring in from a BUNCH of manufacturers to keep the dang series GOING! to... KEEP the FANS happy! Ahhh, the circle of racing life! Seeing 7 to 10 makes in the top 10 halfway through a race in World Challenge, for example is kind of nice...VERY nice...and the DRIVERS can make a BIG difference in the results, too.