PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain - Haas is for real

Hard Driver
04-03-16, 03:16 PM
I thought it was an interesting race. Sure, Bottas ensured that at the first corner by taking Hamilton out of P2. Decent racing in the pack, even though there was no race at the front.

Very impressed Haas qualified 9th and finished 5th. A bit of pit stop practice and they will be a serious contender for good points in every race. Ferrari engine they have seems very good, but still just a tick off the Mercedes, and they are beating Mercedes engines cars.

Qualifying rules still suck!

cameraman
04-03-16, 11:46 PM
I'll say one thing, the Channel 4 and Sky coverage is just vastly better than the US coverage. The damned commercials make it just about unwatchable. I like Buxton & Hobbs but the other two just grate on me and make more mistakes than they should. That and they dumb down the coverage way too much.

WickerBill
04-04-16, 10:11 AM
Matchett is the absolute worst. He has about as much engineering authority over today's cars as Gordon Johncock does.

Insomniac
04-04-16, 11:04 AM
How do we get any alternatives here in the US? I'd gladly pay for something else online.

gerhard911
04-04-16, 11:05 AM
I find a bit of humor in Machett's posturing.

That motor mouth Diffey annoys me to no end. Just STFU already.

cameraman
04-04-16, 11:57 AM
How do we get any alternatives here in the US? I'd gladly pay for something else online.

http://kat.cr

delayed obviously

WickerBill
04-04-16, 12:17 PM
In practice for Bahrain:

Matchett: SIX MINUTES of conjecture about what "broke" on Vettel's car leading to his pulling off the circuit shortly after leaving the pits.

Sky: Figured out he had a wheel nut loose in ~45 seconds.

The guy's unabashed adoration of all things Ferrari is like listening to a homer NFL radio broadcast of the team you hate.

How long until the other mid-pack teams file suit or scream more loudly about the Haas / Ferrari affiliation?

opinionated ow
04-05-16, 10:22 AM
That motor mouth Diffey annoys me to no end. Just STFU already.

Australia says thanks for putting up with him. You're more than welcome to keep him.

Hard Driver
04-08-16, 03:46 PM
How long until the other mid-pack teams file suit or scream more loudly about the Haas / Ferrari affiliation?

The more success, the louder the screams... However, since Ferrari won't be screaming, nothing will come of it.

NismoZ
04-18-16, 01:19 PM
GOOD!!

cameraman
04-18-16, 05:41 PM
Well after the reality check that was China the screams have pretty much gone silent.