PDA

View Full Version : St. Pete

dando
03-10-16, 08:57 AM
Where's the eggcitement? :tony: ;)

TedN
03-10-16, 07:50 PM
Penske's 50th anniversary liveries for Montoya and Power ....

Ted

cameraman
03-10-16, 08:26 PM
I saw this today. That's about all I know about it.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/buxton.jpg

dando
03-10-16, 09:08 PM
I saw this today. That's about all I know about it.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/Cynops/buxton.jpg

That's Utard fan celebratin' the Zags win over BYU. :gomer:

chop456
03-11-16, 07:24 AM
Penske's 50th anniversary liveries for Montoya and Power ....

Ted

Nice lipstick.

opinionated ow
03-11-16, 09:48 AM
There's an Indycar race? All I knew was that there was a Pirelli World Challenge event on.

TKGAngel
03-11-16, 10:00 AM
Nice lipstick.

Speaking of lipstick, Ganassi pulled out the vintage Zanardi/Vasser/Montoya Target lightning bolt paint scheme for Dixon this year. It's a total mind**** that a paint scheme from the mid/late 90s is considered vintage.

Napoleon
03-11-16, 10:27 AM
Hum, should I break my streak of not watching a non-Indy IRL race for the first time in years and years?

rabbit
03-11-16, 06:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2ggfP09mc

cameraman
03-12-16, 03:12 AM
Here ya go a recorded live stream of the entire ~7 hour Verizon IndyCar, Indy Lights, Pro Mazda & USF2000 series practice session.

Watching a dozen f2000 cars practice is just scintillating.

Enjoy:rolleyes:

BOuJYaGNg8g

NismoZ
03-12-16, 09:51 AM
Any World Challenge stuff in there? Is Patrick Long ready to go or not? :D

cameraman
03-13-16, 02:09 PM
This just popped up on Twitter with the caption "Meanwhile, in @IndyCar"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdcmiCrXIAAzt0k.jpg:large

Followed by "This @IndyCar race is a bit mental!"

Just another Sunday I guess...

stroker
03-13-16, 06:46 PM
Remember the optimism we used to have for that event? Sheesh....

dando
03-13-16, 08:13 PM
'twas a good nap. :tony:

TravelGal
03-14-16, 12:40 PM
Hum, should I break my streak of not watching a non-Indy IRL race for the first time in years and years?

:laugh: I hope you didn't break that streak.

Remember the optimism we used to have for that event? Sheesh....

I remember going to the only REAL St. Pete race. The CART one. Chatting (okay, 5 words) with Emerson Fitipaldi and lots of other icons of the sport. Met PTsmom, still a friend to this day. Met some of the miscreants here on this board and others. It was a great weekend. Sigh...........................

Napoleon
03-14-16, 01:49 PM
:laugh: I hope you didn't break that streak.

I actually did, the first in a long long time.

It gave me all kinds of questions in my mind like is Andretti suppose to be in a Kraco car look alike and WTF are those digital numbers that change on the air intake. And what kind of series has over half the cars fielded by just 3 teams.

TKGAngel
03-14-16, 02:44 PM
I actually did, the first in a long long time.

It gave me all kinds of questions in my mind like is Andretti suppose to be in a Kraco car look alike and WTF are those digital numbers that change on the air intake. And what kind of series has over half the cars fielded by just 3 teams.

The digital numbers show what position the car is currently in (in case you didn't figure that out.)

If I would have taken a drink every time Cheever waxed poetic about Indy, my liver would not have made it to the first commercial break. Speaking of Indy, if they are at a 22 car field now, where are the other 11 cars going to come from? I know there's 1-2 Indy-only deals, but that still leaves 1/3rd of the field MIA.

Napoleon
03-14-16, 03:13 PM
The digital numbers show what position the car is currently in (in case you didn't figure that out.)

Actually I did not. I first noticed it late in the race (I DVRed it on a real slow speed and the video was not great) when someone was in the pits and they were screwing around with his car since he had high water temps, and the number just seem to randomly keep dropping. It never occurred to me it could be track position.

Dvdb
03-14-16, 03:35 PM
While watching the race, it occurred to me that Andretti the lesser Lesser hadn't won in awhile. Probably when they kept mentioning it was his birthday. Then they commented that he hadn't won in 5 years. Talk about coasting on a family name......

dando
03-14-16, 09:26 PM

If I would have taken a drink every time Cheever waxed poetic about Indy, my liver would not have made it to the first commercial break. Speaking of Indy, if they are at a 22 car field now, where are the other 11 cars going to come from? I know there's 1-2 Indy-only deals, but that still leaves 1/3rd of the field MIA.

Aw c'mon...25/8. :tony:

G.
03-15-16, 08:41 AM
Speaking of Indy, if they are at a 22 car field now, where are the other 11 cars going to come from? I know there's 1-2 Indy-only deals, but that still leaves 1/3rd of the field MIA.

Same place they always come from - Tonybux adds another car or 4 to Andretti, Penske, and/or Chip.

G.
03-15-16, 08:45 AM
When did they get rid of those bulbous sidepods? Looks like they clipped off the ocean waves, and pounded a pair of fenders outta them.

JohnHKart
03-16-16, 09:12 PM
While watching the race, it occurred to me that Andretti the lesser Lesser hadn't won in awhile. Probably when they kept mentioning it was his birthday. Then they commented that he hadn't won in 5 years. Talk about coasting on a family name......

Yea I thought at most 2013 or he won a couple years ago . I'm stunned that's almost five years ago. Not good. And his grandpa said he'd be great for F1!????

cameraman
03-17-16, 10:55 AM
Yea I thought at most 2013 or he won a couple years ago . I'm stunned that's almost five years ago. Not good. And his grandpa said he'd be great for F1!????

Well with his experience and skill set he is very good at watching his mirrors and respecting blue flags so he would be a good fit at Manor or McLaren...

nissan gtp
03-17-16, 11:08 AM
Well with his experience and skill set he is very good at watching his mirrors and respecting blue flags so he would be a good fit at Manor or McLaren...

ouch :rofl:

Hard Driver
03-19-16, 07:44 PM
When did they get rid of those bulbous sidepods? Looks like they clipped off the ocean waves, and pounded a pair of fenders outta them.

2nd year with the aero kits. If you look, the Honda's and Chevy's have different wings.