PDA

View Full Version : Bathurst 12H...

NismoZ
02-06-16, 10:20 AM
"VanGisbergen storms to Bathurst 12h pole!" Now THERE is a pleasing headline! Team Tekno Motorsports McLaren 650GTS. NICE. Also note "From the youth of Austin to the experience of Schneider"...Austin Cindric joins Bernd Schneider and Maro Engel in a Erebus Motorsports Mercedes AMG GT3...wow, is he even 18 yet?...and racing with champions. Nice education!:) Good luck to all involved...in a race that has had REMARKABLE finishes in the recent past!:thumbup: Race starts here at 1:45 EST today, Sat.

NismoZ
02-06-16, 10:41 AM
Looking at the replay of qualifying now at www.bathurst12hour.com.au The race will be live-streamed at 1:45 EST.

NismoZ
02-06-16, 01:28 PM
Interesting to note also, since Kevin Estre has been hired away from K-Pax/Flying Lizard Racing by the Porsche Factory Team, K-Pax has signed Colin Thompson AND...Austin Cindric! Pirelli World Challenge, GT. Thompson won 13!! of the Porsche GT Cup events last season and Cindric joins a top PWC team. Good news. Sounds like the "Flying Lizzerd" portion of the team name is being dropped.

NismoZ
02-06-16, 03:20 PM
Must say...I've NEVER seen such a start to a race before! Starts in the pre-dawn darkness and charges into daybreak! The sun rising in the background, the view becoming a little more clear after each lap. Very impressive. First yellow after a VERY scary blown tire at full speed!

NismoZ
02-06-16, 10:10 PM
About 4.5 hours to go, 5 different makes in the top 5 positions all within 30 seconds! Very good racing. Bentley, McLaren, Audi, Nissan GTR, Mercedes, all factory efforts, I believe...the finish is in DOUBT!:)

opinionated ow
02-07-16, 04:41 AM
Must say...I've NEVER seen such a start to a race before! Starts in the pre-dawn darkness and charges into daybreak! The sun rising in the background, the view becoming a little more clear after each lap. Very impressive. First yellow after a VERY scary blown tire at full speed!

I think it is the only endurance race that starts in this manner.

Great race. It's a properly good racetrack, comes with great scenery and a loaded field. I was up at 5am for the race start but I will admit that I spent the first four hours dozing in and out of sleep! Thankfully Craillsy and Hindaugh get rather excited when something happens so that woke me up each time for the replay ;)

NismoZ
02-07-16, 11:07 AM
Couldn't be more pleased with the race, the result the world feed etc....the only weak link was ME! Fell asleep for good with over 2 hrs to go. I KNEW "Gis" would be in for the finish and I missed it!:irked: Great news to wake up to, though! So looking forward to the '16 season here...RA tickies in hand!

nissan gtp
02-08-16, 10:30 AM
good race, wish I could have watched the end live, but I'm not staying awake at that hour of the night.

fantastic quality on the live stream