PDA

View Full Version : Okay, last call.. Who gonna win SB50 and by how many points?

stroker
02-03-16, 09:32 PM
I'm pulling for the Broncos because they're in my work pool but I just don't see anyone beating the Panthers... I'm taking the Panthers by 17.

Hard Driver
02-03-16, 10:02 PM
Panthers by 24

nrc
02-03-16, 11:29 PM
Broncos by 3.

TravelGal
02-04-16, 02:42 PM
GManFan: Carolina by 1. He even opined 21 to 20.
JessGuessin' : AHKK. Running. Hides eyes. Leaving at hafltime if it's close. Can't bear to watch. Did I answer yet? No? Good.

Gnam
02-04-16, 06:29 PM
It's going to be nice weather for the game: 72°F and sunny.

Panthers by 10.

Don Quixote
02-04-16, 06:36 PM
Panthers by a touchdown.

Insomniac
02-05-16, 10:45 AM
Panthers by 11.

nrc
02-08-16, 12:31 AM
Every time someone told me the Panthers were going to destroy Denver I reminded them that the Panthers had a weak schedule and never had to deal with a defense like Denver's.

Now I just hope that Manning emulates Elway and walks away on top. I can't imagine that he won't.

nrc
02-08-16, 12:44 AM
And congrats to WB for pulling the Broncos through to the win on shear mental juju. I need to learn that trick.

Which reminds me. In the lead up to the SuperBowl I saw a piece on the Steeler fan site NFL.com lamenting that if only Antonio Brown hadn't been injured by those thugs in stripes surely the Steelers would have beaten the Broncos and taken their rightful place to give the AFC a chance at winning this Super Bowl.

Of course they fail to consider that if Burfict doesn't hit Brown there's a very good chance that the Steelers end up losing to the Bengals anyway.

chop456
02-08-16, 03:38 AM
I didn't watch any of the game but this is pathetic. :shakehead:

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/plFhvUKSX0TxkTM7FRFSd-e9VuI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6008681/fraidycam.0.gif

18/41. LOL.

Don Quixote
02-08-16, 10:27 AM
Nice hustle.

RaceGrrl
02-08-16, 11:12 AM
Nice hustle.

So was Newton's hustle out of the news conference. One news story today called him The Incredible Sulk. :laugh:

WickerBill
02-08-16, 11:42 AM
I'm so happy. Last night I was just relieved.... but the happiness is real. I'm buying merchandise and contemplating going to the parade.

(first post since near the beginning of the playoffs... no, I'm not superstitious)

TKGAngel
02-08-16, 11:57 AM
So was Newton's hustle out of the news conference. One news story today called him The Incredible Sulk. :laugh:

Twitter is a dumpster fire this morning between the media getting their knickers in a twist over Newton's performance at the news conference and the fans telling the media to get off of their high horses and ask better questions at press conferences.

On the pop culture side, I thought Lady Gaga nailed the national anthem and the halftime show was a bust. However, Beyonce gets props for dancing in heels on grass and executing a great save to avoid falling on her derriere.

Napoleon
02-08-16, 12:35 PM
On the pop culture side, I thought Lady Gaga nailed the national anthem

I did not see that, so can not specifically comment on it, but as a general matter she actually has a hell of a voice, and her whole act may keep some people from taking her seriously as a singer.

cameraman
02-08-16, 12:48 PM
I didn't care who won going in and was just hoping for a good game.:rolleyes: I've seen better preseason games:irked:

The majority of the commercials sucked too.

TravelGal
02-08-16, 01:33 PM
I did not see that, so can not specifically comment on it, but as a general matter she actually has a hell of a voice, and her whole act may keep some people from taking her seriously as a singer.

Indeed. She's this generation's Dolly Parton. Her shtick that keeps people talking but she stays popular because she has brains and talent.

I didn't care who won going in and was just hoping for a good game.:rolleyes: I've seen better preseason games:irked:

The majority of the commercials sucked too.

I did care but watching was still a chore. After that play (in video above), I said to TravelGuy, "If this weren't the Super Bowl, I would think it's a playground pickup game." :rolleyes: Agree on the commercials too. Today I'm seeing that Marmot "won." OK, I remember the commercial but what was the product? I still have no idea. That, folks, is not a winning commercial.

Gnam
02-08-16, 05:27 PM
Congrats to the Denver Defense. They played a great game, except for Talib. That guy was out of control.

The women and children were all very sad for Cam Newton. Many were asking why the NFL doesn't have a mercy rule.
"Just end it all ready! Don't make him go back out there." :laugh:

TravelGal
02-08-16, 08:17 PM
The women and children were all very sad for Cam Newton. Many were asking why the NFL doesn't have a mercy rule.
"Just end it all ready! Don't make him go back out there." :laugh:

Pretty sure he was thinking the same thing, juvenile jerk that he proved himself to be. I'm sure he'll be one of the "greatest to ever play the game" but reports of his coronation were greatly exaggerated.

Gnam
02-08-16, 09:25 PM
Pretty sure he was thinking the same thing, juvenile jerk that he proved himself to be. I'm sure he'll be one of the "greatest to ever play the game" but reports of his coronation were greatly exaggerated.
I wonder which hurt more: rolling his pick-up truck last year, or losing the Super Bowl this year.

http://s23.postimg.org/rg9gat3d7/Panthers_Newton_Accident_023fc_jpg_w_1484.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/5ww8lyex1/usatsi_9102767_jpg_w_1000_h_600_crop_1.jpg

nrc
02-08-16, 11:58 PM
Twitter is a dumpster fire this morning between the media getting their knickers in a twist over Newton's performance at the news conference and the fans telling the media to get off of their high horses and ask better questions at press conferences.

Bah! He was sulking when he showed up. He moped his way off the field. It wouldn't have mattered what they were asking him.

On the pop culture side, I thought Lady Gaga nailed the national anthem and the halftime show was a bust. However, Beyonce gets props for dancing in heels on grass and executing a great save to avoid falling on her derriere.

Gaga did a good job and I appreciate the (apparent) sincerity of the performance. But I am sooooo tired of people noodling the National Anthem to death.

Commercials. I liked avocado commercial with the alien museum. Puppy monkey baby was bizarrely amusing. The herd of weiner dogs was ridiculously cute.

SteveH
02-09-16, 12:05 AM
Cam’s presser was weak. If you’re going to celebrate when you win, you’ve got to face the music when you lose.

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/696552159979024384?s=17

SteveH
02-10-16, 06:08 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153172752181486&id=515801485&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trackforum.com%2Fforums%2F showthread.php%2F199824-Super-Bowl-50%2Fpage19&_rdr

:D