PDA

View Full Version : Tests BEFORE The Roar...

NismoZ
12-22-15, 11:28 AM
...Before the 24! New season on the way and all KINDS of new things happening. Mostly GOOD, I think. First test sees the Ford GT the fastest in GTLM. Don't know how Corvette Racing can compete without a mid-engine GT supercar of their own SOON?. No Scott Pruett at Team Chip!? Oh, he jumped to the Action Express DP #5 car...AND is hooking up with Paul Gentilozzi later in a LEXUS RC-F GT3 car! (more time for his "family at home?" Huh, he's over 55 so he gets to be the "silver" category driver? THAT should be an advantage!:) RHR will be in the the #90 DP Corvette... GTD is now at full GT3 spec. and the future there looks GREAT! Alex Job Racing #22 WeatherTech GTD Porsche GT3-R with Shane Van Gisbergen (yea:thumbup:) Cooper McNeil and Andrew Davis (double yea,:thumbup::thumbup:) New BMW M6s, too...IMSA IS expanding and really drawing the attention of the factories. (Stevenson Motorsports jumping to Audi RX8s, from the title-winning Camaros, in the Conti Tire series) And FINALLY...SpeedSource (Sylvane Tremblay) convinces Mazda to dump the Diesel and go back to gas...that P2 Mazda tested 2nd fastest OA ! If nothing else is SOUNDS way better! ANYway, looking forward to some really good racing this season in sports cars!

nissan gtp
12-22-15, 02:19 PM
looking forward to the D24. it'll be my first

NismoZ
12-22-15, 11:50 PM
And a new Mercedes AMG GT3 as well...kinda ugly, with a very rounded 1950s-ish look, but it sounds FAST! IMSA GTD is really shaping up!:thumbup:

NismoZ
12-23-15, 12:51 AM
Realize, of course, the IMSA "balance of performance" rules are being applied in an effort to "even things up" and prevent consistent runaway results but often just seems to punish success. It's almost like picking the winners and trying to spread the results so more teams can taste success...and not decide to QUIT! Wondering how they prevent the sandbagging during testing. Corvette (CORRECTLY I believe) has been allowed more air/power, less wing (narrower Gurneyflap) and a 25 kilo diet! Duhhh...finishes later last season in the 5th to 9th place range were NOT good for an American car in an American series OR the health of the series itself! So, they win Daytona and get penalized AGAIN? I suppose the goal of a manufacturer is to win the 24 (24s) AND the season championship...but a Daytona victory is probably worth more in sales, advertising and satisfaction than the series title? I just hope they (IMSA) get it right!

NismoZ
12-24-15, 01:44 PM
Yikes! And Scuderia Corsa will have Ferraris in both GTD and GTLM...in the endurance rounds. (another reason for Corvette to come up with a mid-engine car...even if Zora HATED the idea?

NismoZ
12-24-15, 02:36 PM
OK...Pat Long AND Andrew Davis in 911 GT3 Rs in Pirelli World Challenge GT for '16:thumbup: Davis should have a busy season with that AND the Audi for Stevenson in the IMSA Conti Challenge! Just happy BOTH series visit Road America this summer!:)

NismoZ
12-24-15, 02:44 PM
Ooops...didn't mean to call the Audis "RX8s" in that 1st post...I AM a bit of a Mazda nut, though, so...?:gomer:

NismoZ
12-24-15, 03:17 PM
HEY! How 'bout THIS! Sergio Perez is IN for the 24 with Team TRG/AMR...Aston Martin. Kinda doubt he'll appear in other '016 IMSA GTD/class events but glad he's doing this.:thumbup:

jimclark
12-27-15, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=NismoZ;334532 First test sees the Ford GT the fastest in GTLM. QUOTE]

When/where wuz said test? Link(S) to stuff? Thanks.

cameraman
12-27-15, 03:43 PM
x95ViD9AUsA

NismoZ
12-27-15, 05:38 PM
No official lap times in the "test"...just inferred in a video interview...1 of MANY...can't say which one.:( ...I THINK a FORD team interview) Lots of current sports car info at www.NASPORTSCAR.com and www.Sportscar365.com and the IMSA site. Many YouTube videos from Daytona and Sebring tests...like C'man has posted. The Tremblay interview says the new gas Mazda P2 is fastest..."save 1"...bodes well, I'd say. Good video with Tristan Nunez (P2 Mazda) at Daytona. nice sound.:)