PDA

View Full Version : Turks Down Russian Jet

NismoZ
11-24-15, 12:23 PM
So...they warned the guy 10 times in 5 mins. to get out of Turkish airspace...then a Turk F-16 lets go with one of those Aim9 heat seekers...the guys bail out and the "Rebels" say one landed in his chute but was already dead...then they just killed the other guy???? Permission "is granted" for Russians to send in a rescue helicopter...and THAT is also fired on? I've SEEN this movie! Mickey Rooney, I think? "Critical moment" indeed. :(

stroker
11-24-15, 12:28 PM
Somebody messin' with Keyser Soze....

Gnam
11-24-15, 12:59 PM
Just in case WWIII breaks out...
I would like to take this opportunity to say that I have enjoyed posting here with you all. :thumbup:

It has been fun.

NismoZ
11-24-15, 03:45 PM
...and, concerning the SYRIAN Air Force rescue helicopter, a report says one of the "rescuers" was killed and (I quote the innerweb, so it MUST be true)..."the pilots ejected after it landed"...and before it was destroyed by a "Tao" missile, (MUST have meant a Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided...TOW? Wonder where the Rebs got THAT!?:rolleyes:)... and Rebels shouting ALAUA AKBAR!!...while shooting into the air! Ejecting from a grounded HELICOPTER!? Interesting. No word on their fate...ahhhh, the fog of war...reporting.:rolleyes:

cameraman
11-24-15, 11:14 PM
What a day, so the Russians have been bombing the Turkmen on the northern Syrian border for a while now which has been greatly irritating the Turkish government. (cuz you don't attack Turks even if they are fighting Assad in Syria cuz they are Turks after all and Turkey protects its own) Therefore today the Turks shoot down an ever so slightly wayward su-24 which is bad enough but then the Turkmen on the ground machine gun the aircrew in their parachutes. They could have captured them but no they killed them and then posted the video.

They killed Putin's guys and posted a video of them jumping up & down around the body celebrating the killing of a defenseless aircrew in a parachute. Hmmm I wonder how someone like Putin might respond to that???

As I write this the Turkman mountains are burning because while Putin can't respond against the Turkish air force he can vent his rage against everyone and everything on the ground in Syria. Putin is going to bomb that place to gravel. That should be good for another several thousands of refugees heading north.

and the ISIS dudes smiled...

TravelGal
11-25-15, 02:57 AM
and the ISIS dudes smiled...

Looking for the smilie that is simply a head nodding in agreement.

NismoZ
11-25-15, 09:59 AM
But...but...Putin's guys SAVED the other guy! Says so, anyway. Heroic rescue. Wonder if THAT'S on video? (COULD be rehearsing that scene in the hills just across the border right now!) ;)...and Syria now gets the latest AA missile defense system... YOUR move! (how does that defend RUSSIAN planes from AIM9s?) ...the REBELS are going to bomb the Russian airbase with their "Air Force?"

NismoZ
11-26-15, 10:12 AM
Oh...the super S-400, 250 mi. range Ruskie AA missile! Talk about "mission creep"...how about "mission accomplished"? Draw a line 250 mi. toward the nearest Isreali air base,...how close can they get to planes headed to Iran? What's next...renewed "discussions" about the Golan Heights? Those missiles are NOT there to just "protect" Putin's pilots...in their PRESENT mission. Not sure of the numbers but wasn't the score of the last big "air battle" in that area something like 71-0 in favor of Isreal? The only thing I can guess at is a few SUPER stealth aircraft or another AWACS or 2 being sent to Isreal. That MAY be the next serious LOGICAL move...but???

chop456
12-18-15, 07:48 AM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35130953

The memory card in the flight recorder of a Russian fighter plane downed by Turkey on the Syrian border last month is damaged, Russian investigators say.
The "black box" of the Su-24 jet was officially opened in Moscow on Friday in front of journalists and diplomats.
Nikolai Primak, head of the Russian investigation, said flight information appeared to be missing.
Data from the box could help resolve the dispute over the jet's location when it was hit.
An analysis is expected to be released next week.

Really? :laugh: