PDA

View Full Version : Faraday Future electric cars

TravelGal
11-13-15, 12:21 PM
Anyone have the skinny on this? A local newspaper article this week says California is among four finalists for a $1B plant to build cars to "re-imagine how people interact with their cars." Headquartered in Gardena, it's not giving out many details but it purported owned by a Chinese billionaire who fancies himself Steve Jobs.

dando
11-13-15, 12:48 PM
Anyone have the skinny on this? A local newspaper article this week says California is among four finalists for a $1B plant to build cars to "re-imagine how people interact with their cars." Headquartered in Gardena, it's not giving out many details but it purported owned by a Chinese billionaire who fancies himself Steve Jobs.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/11/faraday-secret-china-letv-tesla/

#elonmusknothappy

BTW, what's a newspaper? ;)

EDIT: side note...the 'rent's Prius drives me nuts. Makes no sound, and you have to stomp on the pedal to get it to go faster than 5mph. :saywhat:

TravelGal
11-13-15, 01:51 PM
BTW, what's a newspaper? ;)

EDIT: side note...the 'rent's Prius drives me nuts. Makes no sound, and you have to stomp on the pedal to get it to go faster than 5mph. :saywhat:

Newspapers are things intelligent people read. :p

The electric car = no sound thing is a real problem at resorts that want to be eco-friendly, yet don't want to mow down their guests by coming upon them by surprise. (It's not very elegant for the driver to be going "beep, beep" as he drives along.)

TravelGal
11-13-15, 02:02 PM
PS. Appreciated the linky. ;)

"Getting cars on the road, after all, takes significant testing and government approvals, and Faraday may not be far along in the process." This reminds me of Viking River Cruises that made a big announcement of Mississippi River cruises and then discovered the same thing about government approvals. Especially here in the US.