PDA

View Full Version : Tempers flaring

rabbit
07-03-03, 07:13 PM
Spotted by yours truly today after quals...
Vasser and Carpentier in a heated discussion...
Vasser, Jourdain and Pook having a discussion, were joined by Bourdais...
Tracy flips Vasser, Jourdain, and Bourdais the bird...
Bourdais tells me, "He (Tracy) is out of control."

And this is just first-round quals. :eek: :)

mello
07-03-03, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
Spotted by yours truly today after quals...
Vasser and Carpentier in a heated discussion...

Well what ever it was I am sure it was Vassers fault!!! (I can say that cause Lisa is at the track and this will be burried by the time she gets home. :rofl:
Cool you got to see it Rabbit!

SteveH
07-03-03, 07:48 PM
Cleveland brings out the best in them. What year was it, 96? 97? that all hell broke loose on race day. And it didn't stop even when the checkers flew.

GOFAST1
07-03-03, 08:05 PM
This is good stuff!

JoeBob
07-03-03, 08:10 PM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6408

MICHEL JOURDAIN JR. (#9 Gigante Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone): “I am very, very disappointed with Paul [Tracy]. We were P1 and P2 on the first set of tires and he goes out on the next set just to block me. Every lap he backed out before the last chicane when I was coming. He didn't do a single fast lap on his second run. Then when he finished his run I had one timed lap left and he parked it in the first chicane. I didn't get to complete one fast lap on my second set of tires. It just kills me that nothing is being done about this. I saw Jimmy [Vasser] had the same problems with Patrick [Carpentier]. I am not sure what strategy Players is running, but they are out there blocking everyone. It is frustrating. It isn't like this is a new thing with them. Paul had exactly the same problem with a lot of drivers at Portland. We made some changes for the afternoon session and the Gigante car was much better than this morning. We were second quick on the first set of tires and we made a change that made the car feel even better. I had three laps that were faster than my fast lap from the first qualifying stint, but I couldn't finish a single one.”

mello
07-03-03, 08:44 PM
It didn't mention Laguna though where Jourdains team put tires out on purpose to make it harder for the others to get in the pits. :D

cart7
07-03-03, 11:16 PM
I think it's time to crank up a F1 styled single lap qualifying run thread about now. :laugh:

RacinM3
07-04-03, 12:27 AM
This sounds like more than just the usual "PT Fabricated Controversy Propaganda Machine" that was running full-tilt at Portland!!

Cam
07-04-03, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by mello
Well what ever it was I am sure it was Vassers fault!!! (I can say that cause Lisa is at the track and this will be burried by the time she gets home. :rofl:
Cool you got to see it Rabbit!

Ummmmm..... She took her Laptop Mel! :eek: :D

mello
07-04-03, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Ummmmm..... She took her Laptop Mel! :eek: :D

I am sure she was a little tipsy last night and maybe didn't see it. LOL. I will be banging on her motel room door waking her butt up in about 3 hours. :D

rabbit
07-04-03, 11:26 AM
"Tempers flare in Cleveland qualifying" (http://www.limanews.com/display/inn_sports/sports03.txt)

Kate
07-05-03, 09:21 AM
Jourdain is turning into a crybaby. Waah waah waah, everybody is picking on me. Could somebody tell him that Bruno already has the whiny-hiney concession locked up? :cry: Prove it on the track or get into another line of work.

And how about Vasser stomping back to the pits because "those Bozos" were in his way? (9 of them were ahead on him on the time sheets at the time -- how dare they!). Did someone promise Mr. Vasser that he could have the whole track to himself? Get a grip, fella, the season's half over and the rules have been the same since the beginning.

I don't mind the trash talking half as much as I mind the continual finger pointing and whining. This ain't kindergarten, after all.