PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Attendance

Napoleon
11-08-15, 10:55 AM
I don't watch much Nascar but happened upon the end of Texas last evening and I swear there were less people at it then you would see at an IRL race at Texas in the early years. Is their attendance gotten that bad?

devilmaster
11-08-15, 11:07 AM
I don't watch much Nascar but happened upon the end of Texas last evening and I swear there were less people at it then you would see at an IRL race at Texas in the early years. Is their attendance gotten that bad?

Across the board, pretty much at all their tracks. But not only NASCAR. Auto racing in general had its time as the hot sport and now its gone as well.

TedN
11-08-15, 11:54 AM
I watched the MotoGP finale from Valencia this morning. Announced attendance was 110,000 + 600 journalists. Fantastic race. Bike events seem to be holding their own.

Ted

TKGAngel
11-08-15, 01:28 PM

Yep. Daytona even just took out the entire backstretch seats and is reducing track seating capacity from 147k to 101k.

Mary
11-08-15, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I just switched when the Jets' game went to half time only to see a whole section reserved just for the aluminum people and their families.

On another topic, Lagano just spun out (tire exploded). Matt Kenseth must be grinning, LOL!

Mary