PDA

View Full Version : Tilke has ruined Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez too

opinionated ow
10-31-15, 10:16 AM
All those beautiful fast esses are gone and replaced with slow, cumbersome 90° corners. WTF for?

TravelGal
10-31-15, 01:51 PM
All those beautiful fast esses are gone and replaced with slow, cumbersome 90° corners. WTF for?\

This drive TravelGuy nuts. Braking zones do nothing for him. Passing in the glorious esses, (or downright speed), that's what it's about for him.

NismoZ
11-01-15, 05:15 PM
Well...maybe putting the cars in front of a stadium FULL of people had something to do with it? Perhaps 227 mph into T-1 was quit enough, thankyou...and slowing them INTO the Pera...uh, Mansell Curve made sense, IMO. The place was junk by the time ChampCar ran there but 85 million $$ seems to me to have been well spent. All indications are that it was a very successful event ($$$) for F-1 and the locals...promoters and fans. The RACE wasn't all that great but I won't put the majority of that blame on the track. Geez, both Ferraris out for the 1st time since '06? INTERESTING race if not a good one.

cameraman
11-01-15, 06:49 PM
Actually the racing was fine but the TV coverage was horrific.

Tifosi24
11-02-15, 08:22 AM
Actually the racing was fine but the TV coverage was horrific.

I agree. I only got a chance to watch 20 minutes of qualifying and all they were showing was the stadium. If I want to see cars driving slowly in a big parking lot, I'll go to my local Sam's Club. I wanted a feel for the rest of the track but couldn't. It did look look like a big turnout in the stands at the top of the track as well.