PDA

View Full Version : Going back to Pocono?

dando
10-27-15, 09:26 AM
:shakehead:

http://www.poconoraceway.com/2016-abc-supply-500indycar-race-at-pocono-announced.html

:\

opinionated ow
10-27-15, 10:12 AM
:shakehead:

http://www.poconoraceway.com/2016-abc-supply-500indycar-race-at-pocono-announced.html

:\

Plus two sprint cup and one xfinity race too. Do you think they should bring the silver crown cars out to bolster the indycar field? :D

cameraman
10-27-15, 12:10 PM
In theory they're going to Boston too.

2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Schedule

March 13 – St. Petersburg
April 2 – Phoenix (Saturday night)
April 17 – Long Beach
April 24 – Barber
May 14 – Indy GP
May 29 – 100th Indianapolis 500
June 4-5 – Detroit double-header
June 11 – Texas (Saturday night)
June 26 – Elkhart Lake
July 9 – Iowa (Saturday night)
July 17 – Toronto
July 31 – Mid-Ohio
Aug. 21 – Pocono
Sept. 4 – Boston
Sept. 18 – Sonoma

I'm thinking hell freezes over before that Boston Street race ever happens.:shakehead:

Ed_Severson
10-27-15, 12:36 PM
The Boston thing does seem pretty contentious. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that doesn't materialize (and rumor is there's a replacement lined up in case that happens).

Don't see the problem with Pocono ... it's a good track for us. I'd much rather race there than any of the cookie cutter ovals.

dando
10-27-15, 03:24 PM
The Boston thing does seem pretty contentious. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that doesn't materialize (and rumor is there's a replacement lined up in case that happens).

Don't see the problem with Pocono ... it's a good track for us. I'd much rather race there than any of the cookie cutter ovals.

Love the track. Just bad memories now. :(

stroker
10-27-15, 09:16 PM
Aren't they holding that for just after the NJ Grand Prix? :P

Hard Driver
10-27-15, 09:31 PM
I prefer the road courses, but if you are on the ovals, it should be low banked ovals, not high banked ones. Pocono is fast, but the turns are pretty flat and having 3 different turns always make the racing interesting. Doesn't need to be a pack racing restrictor plate/aero mandates/hanford device to race on that track.