PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Dad

Trevor Longman
10-24-15, 02:11 AM
It breaks my heart to have to share this news with you all, but I thought everyone in this tightly knit community should know.

Early Thursday morning my dad Andrew passed suddenly of natural causes at the age of 56.

I want to thank everyone here for providing so much joy to him in his many years here. This community was such an important part of his life and the friendships he fostered on this site as well as on 7th gear meant so much to him. In the days that I visited less frequently he would still tell me about all that was happening here and shared with me the things that made him laugh or think.

He always was and always will be, my best friend, my racing buddy, and my dad. I love you so much dad.

Kiwifan
10-24-15, 02:30 AM
Mate, I am so so sorry. I can't begin to imagine the loss you are feeling right now.

I really appreciate the effort you have have made to keep us informed given your grief.

Be strong and remember the good times especially those days at the track. I know how much they meant to me and my son.

Russell.

opinionated ow
10-24-15, 02:32 AM
RIP Andrew. My thoughts and prayers with your whole family Trevor.

cameraman
10-24-15, 02:38 AM
I'm at a loss for words, you & your family have my deepest condolences.
Your father was one of the good ones and he will be missed by us all.

Duroc
10-24-15, 02:46 AM
Terrible news.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family Trevor.

RIP

dando
10-24-15, 03:40 AM
****. I don't even know where to begin, Trev. So very sorry for your loss. :( AL was one of the good guys around here. I loved poking fun at him about the NYY. ;) He was also one of my original AA sponsors. :thumbup: Take care.

SteveH
10-24-15, 05:44 AM
Oh my. Trevor to you and your family, my deepest condolences. Peace be with you. This is a very profound loss. I am stunned.

stroker
10-24-15, 09:49 AM
I'm so sorry, Trevor. I'm the same age, so that's very sobering. Wish I had more to offer than condolences.

Don Quixote
10-24-15, 12:01 PM
So sorry. Way too young. :(

WickerBill
10-24-15, 12:04 PM
I'm so very sorry. You have terrific memories and had a rock solid foundation you were built upon. Please take care of yourself and your family. We will miss him.

devilmaster
10-24-15, 12:49 PM
Trevor,

You have my heartfelt condolences. I still remember the thread when your dad announced you were coming online and to take it easy on you.. :)

I always enjoyed his posts. Take care of yourself and your family the next few days. Be well.

Steve

[edit] and once again, we need to add a name to the hall of fame list. Its getting too big too fast.

gjc2
10-24-15, 12:51 PM
Very sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family.

TKGAngel
10-24-15, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Trevor. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Insomniac
10-24-15, 02:30 PM
My heart sunk. I didn't even realize you started this thread until it opened up. I'm so very sorry and just in shock as so many other are. You and your family have my deepest condolences Trevor. :(

nrc
10-24-15, 03:29 PM
Trevor, I'm so sorry to hear this - for your loss, and ours. Andrew will be sadly missed here.

Our prayers are with you and his loved ones. I hope you can find some small comfort in the fact that it's clear from Andrew's posts here over the years that he was very proud of you and that he loved the time that he had with you.

Sean O'Gorman
10-24-15, 05:10 PM
Just saw on Facebook, terrible to hear. He was one of my favorites here. :(

pfc_m_drake
10-24-15, 10:18 PM
So sorry to hear.
:(

RaceGrrl
10-25-15, 03:11 PM
Trevor, how heartbreaking to hear this. He was a good man and was so proud of you, as his posts here through the years proved. The world, and our little corner in it, is poorer for his loss.

DagoFast
10-25-15, 11:08 PM
Oh my, this is such sad news. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

G.
10-26-15, 08:10 AM
I am so very sorry to hear this.

All my best to you and your family.

JoeBob
10-26-15, 08:37 AM
:(

I always admired the both of you. My best racing memories are with my dad. May your memories shine brightly and bring you peace.

I'm so sorry.

rosawendel
10-26-15, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, Trevor. Your dad was a good guy.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Elmo T
10-26-15, 11:25 AM
Ugh - I am so sorry Trevor. :(

Gnam
10-26-15, 12:17 PM
:( Oh man. Terrible news.

Trevor, you and your family have my heartfelt condolences.
Your dad was always so upbeat and had a good story to share.

He will be missed.

Ankf00
10-26-15, 04:54 PM
Your dad was a good man. I am very sorry for your loss.

rabbit
10-26-15, 06:19 PM
So sorry for your loss, Trevor. :( I've always appreciated his, and your, posts.

Napoleon
10-26-15, 07:37 PM
Trevor, my deepest sympathies. What a great guy and I loved to read his post. He was easily one of my favorites. This is really terrible news.

Elmo T
10-27-15, 10:49 AM
Obit for those so inclined:

Andrew D. Longman (http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/hunterdoncountydemocrat/obituary.aspx?n=andrew-d-longman&pid=176238630&fhid=21866)

Ed_Severson
10-27-15, 12:51 PM
So sorry to hear this, Trevor. I never got to meet him, but I wish I had. I could tell just from his activity here that he was a genuine guy, likeable, and pretty proud to be your dad.

I hope you and your family can find peace at this difficult time.

TravelGal
10-27-15, 02:09 PM
Oh Trevor, my heart is breaking for you. I saw this thread (thanks, Richard, for the "sticky" since I was away over the weekend) and gasped out loud, "What the heck?!" I'm babbling because I'm at a loss for words. My deepest condolences to you and your family, brothers, sister, grandparents, and everyone. As with many here, I never got to meet him but I wish I had. I would miss his posts when he was away. He was so honest, genuine, thoughtful and even funny. I'm going to go tell TravelGuy as soon as I stop crying. Love and prayers to you and thank you for letting us know. I'm sure it was hard to do.

Edit: I've looked through the links and see a way to contribute to the National Park Foundation but not specifically to the park that Andrew loved. Is there a direct link or is the NPF the only answer? Thanks.

TRDfan
10-27-15, 04:24 PM
Trevor,

I'm so sorry. Never met your Dad but he seemed like an incredible man.

Prayers and thoughts to you and the family.

Steve

cameraman
10-27-15, 05:45 PM
Oh Trevor, my heart is breaking for you. I saw this thread (thanks, Richard, for the "sticky" since I was away over the weekend) and gasped out loud, "What the heck?!" I'm babbling because I'm at a loss for words. My deepest condolences to you and your family, brothers, sister, grandparents, and everyone. As with many here, I never got to meet him but I wish I had. I would miss his posts when he was away. He was so honest, genuine, thoughtful and even funny. I'm going to go tell TravelGuy as soon as I stop crying. Love and prayers to you and thank you for letting us know. I'm sure it was hard to do.

Edit: I've looked through the links and see a way to contribute to the National Park Foundation but not specifically to the park that Andrew loved. Is there a direct link or is the NPF the only answer? Thanks.

Yeah the National Park Foundation doesn't do park-specific donations, it gets split up among all the parks.

But if you want to donate directly to Isle Royale National Park you can by sending a check directly to the park itself. The submission form can be found here:

http://www.nps.gov/isro/getinvolved/supportyourpark/upload/Donation-Form-12-14.pdf

datachicane
10-27-15, 09:13 PM
Oh, man. Rough news, Trevor, your Dad will definitely be missed. You'll be in my thoughts.

trish
10-28-15, 09:10 AM
Trevor, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm completely shocked and at a loss for words. I can only imagine how you must feel. Your dad was a great man from what I could see in these forums. You and your family are in my thoughts.

TravelGal
10-28-15, 10:18 AM
But if you want to donate directly to Isle Royale National Park you can by sending a check directly to the park itself. The submission form can be found here:

http://www.nps.gov/isro/getinvolved/supportyourpark/upload/Donation-Form-12-14.pdf

Thank you, cm. I am always in awe of your research skills. I try to send a few dollars in honor of the important people in my life. Having lost my mom this year, I realize how important it is. I really appreciate your finding the form to use.

Napoleon
10-28-15, 10:37 AM
Yeah the National Park Foundation doesn't do park-specific donations, it gets split up among all the parks.

There is also this.

http://irkpa.org/

TravelGal
10-28-15, 10:50 AM
There is also this.

http://irkpa.org/

:thumbup:

Mr. Vengeance
10-28-15, 09:10 PM
Damn. I can never find words for this; whatever I manage to type always seems like it's "not enough"... But for lack of anything better I offer my sincere condolences and hope you find peace in the memories that you were fortunate enough to have made with your Dad. Take care.

KaBoom21
10-30-15, 07:38 PM
Stunned. So very sorry for your loss.

Your dad was always a solid contributor here and at 7th Gear. Seemed like a great fellow.

nissan gtp
10-30-15, 09:11 PM
very sorry, best wishes to you and the family.

Trevor Longman
10-31-15, 10:42 PM
Thank you guys for all the kind words. Apologies for not checking in the last week, its been a busy week as you can imagine. He was a good man. Genuine, incredibly intelligent, and motivated in life to pass that knowledge on to others and leave the world a better place. He wanted the best for me and my siblings above all else.

I'll leave you with a picture of him in the way I'll best remember him. Enjoying a perfect day at the races with us kids.

Thanks everyone again for your support. I promise you all meant as much to him as he meant to you.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12036406_10203483511888740_7166269115768194697_n.j pg?oh=0d50713208e11b138fd49e5d4909f78d&oe=56CC671B

dando
10-31-15, 10:49 PM
Trev, dude was cool. If you or the fam need anything, just reach out. :)

mapguy
11-01-15, 06:20 PM
Trevor, I am sorry to hear the loss of your father. 56 is way to young.

WickerBill
11-12-15, 07:52 AM
Trevor - if you're so inclined - I've been wondering how you and your family are holding up. Hope you're doing as well as can be hoped; please stay in touch with us.

dando
11-13-15, 02:50 PM
Trevor - if you're so inclined - I've been wondering how you and your family are holding up. Hope you're doing as well as can be hoped; please stay in touch with us.

Aye. If you need any support, just reach out.

Trevor Longman
11-16-15, 08:27 PM

The family has been doing pretty well considering. My sister is off at college in Rhode Island and I'm moved out on my own but we've kept close. My mom and brother are still at home and the support they've received from everyone has been so incredible. We all just got together for Andrew's birthday last week for dinner and reminisced about the good times. Thank you for the outpouring of support from everyone here it's been greatly appreciated.

Napoleon
11-16-15, 08:37 PM
Trevor,

Great to hear you and the family are doing well. Please continue to check in and post.

Mark

dando
11-17-15, 01:14 AM
Namaste. Be well, Trev. :)