PDA

View Full Version : Sochi idiocy

cameraman
10-09-15, 04:00 PM
So far this has been a great weekend. They run a broken street sweeper around the circuit right before FP1 manage to spill hydraulic fluid all over the place. Then they try to use water to clean it and spread it everywhere in the process.

After that they ran the GP3 practice session in the dark...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ5DXxOXAAEejgf.jpg:large

SteveH
10-09-15, 04:48 PM
Brian Barnhart moonlighting in race control?

Insomniac
10-10-15, 01:47 PM
Just Wow.

Mary
10-10-15, 02:41 PM
Maybe they want to be Le Mans? Yikes!

Mary

Insomniac
10-11-15, 03:14 PM
Kimi dropped down to 8th, Mercedes wins the Constructors. It's still fascinating to watch a Red Bull hold up a Mercedes engine.

Pilgrims Drop
10-11-15, 03:55 PM
F1 is going down the drain...

dando
10-11-15, 05:19 PM
Looked like a race from Cars on the Wii. :\ And, yes, my youngest DD kicks my ass on it. :irked: :gomer:

opinionated ow
10-11-15, 11:20 PM
As usual it was tedious. Apparently this is the 13th different Tilkedrome used. To paraphrase what Alan Jones said in our broadcast, I can't see people referring to this as a historic stop on the calendar in a decade.

Hard Driver
10-12-15, 11:38 AM
For a temporary "road course" it is a decent track. But unless it's gets "historic" just from longevity, it is nothing special. But then again, in reality Long Beach or even Monaco aren't just fabulous tracks.

I just want to know what Kimi was thinking? There was nothing there, but a kamikaze bomb that resulted in the very predictable crash.

cameraman
10-12-15, 12:52 PM
He wasn't thinking.:shakehead:

Insomniac
10-12-15, 01:36 PM
From his onboard I could see what he was thinking. There was daylight, but it absolutely relied on Bottas to just concede a corner that was his.

cameraman
10-12-15, 02:28 PM
From his onboard I could see what he was thinking. There was daylight, but it absolutely relied on Bottas to just concede a corner that was his.

The only way Bottas would have ever left enough room was if Kimi was fully even with him approaching the corner, the normal line through that corner has them hitting the apex. Kimi wasn't remotely close, that was an IRL-grade street course kamikazi dive bomb.

TravelGal
10-12-15, 02:52 PM
that was an IRL-grade street course kamikazi dive bomb.

:laugh: Some days I'm glad I don't follow F1 closely. This is one of those days.

Insomniac
10-12-15, 05:05 PM
The only way Bottas would have ever left enough room was if Kimi was fully even with him approaching the corner, the normal line through that corner has them hitting the apex. Kimi wasn't remotely close, that was an IRL-grade street course kamikazi dive bomb.

I'm just saying I can see the thinking, I wasn't saying it was well thought out on Kimi's part. :) That was destined to end badly.