PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Grand Prix

Mary
09-27-15, 11:07 AM
I was going to title this thread "spoiler alert" but I don't think that writing about Alonso being upset with the Honda engine's performance is exactly a spoiler. He said it was performing at a GP2 standard. Oops! Hardly an accident. I wondered how long it would take for his happy act to start to implode. Ron Dennis isn't exactly thrilled he decided to say this in Japan. :mad: Alonso is embarrassed and Button finds no joy in F1 anymore. Happy days at McLaren! :shakehead:

On another note, the Japanese broadcasters did a good job of showing some of the battles in back of the field, rather than just focusing on the leader.

Mary

WickerBill
09-27-15, 11:41 AM
And guess what? Mercedes is pissed that they weren't on camera enough.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121039

Mary
09-27-15, 01:24 PM
So, they couldn't stand the fact that we weren't bored to death? Shucks.

Mary

P.S. I'm actually a Mercedes fan....but really?

WickerBill
09-27-15, 05:06 PM
It is ridiculous. Yes I realize it is to get airtime for Petronas and (*snicker*) Blackberry but the point must be stressed that you show competition first, and we actually had some this race. Just back in the pack.

I love the fact that nobody wants to supply Red Bull next year. Little brats.

rosawendel
09-27-15, 06:22 PM
Did anyone see any medical personnel on scene after Kvyat's roll over during qualifying? I didn't.

Insomniac
09-27-15, 06:37 PM
Did anyone see any medical personnel on scene after Kvyat's roll over during qualifying? I didn't.

He said he was fine and signaled to the trackside marshall he was fine. He was also climbing out of his car. F1 has never been as prompt to send out medical personnel following a crash as CART or IndyCar was/is. It's pretty rare we see them send the doctor out.

Insomniac
09-27-15, 06:38 PM
So, they couldn't stand the fact that we weren't bored to death? Shucks.

Mary

P.S. I'm actually a Mercedes fan....but really?

He asked what they could do. I suggest not dominating so much. Or at least qualify 5th and work your way up to the lead. :)

Insomniac
09-27-15, 06:40 PM
I love the fact that nobody wants to supply Red Bull next year. Little brats.

That's a lot of fear, and perhaps respect to Adrian Newey, on how much better they think the Red Bull chassis is/will be.