PDA

View Full Version : Man on the track

NismoZ
09-20-15, 09:29 AM
Maybe this calls for it's own thread? Saw it at Silverstone once? THAT was awhile ago. I actually think it's one of those "I can't believe it doesn't happen more often!" events...especially on these street circuits.

NismoZ
09-20-15, 09:35 AM
AND...regarding Button's flying wing parts...it disintegrated rather completely when smacked by a following car. Would the same thing have happened had the point of contact been...well, you KNOW what flashback I just saw!!:(

WickerBill
09-21-15, 08:26 AM
Vettel sounded legitimately concerned / nervous. I'm sure it would be horrific if a car hit a person at any speed, much less 150mph with the car filed to a fine point at the nose.

What's amazing is that when the guy decided to leave, he just hopped over a fence, apparently where the gap exists for marshalls to be able to go rescue cars. I don't know how to solve that at all.

chop456
09-21-15, 08:37 AM
It happened at Hockenheim too, IIRC.

Tranquilizer drones? :gomer:

opinionated ow
09-21-15, 10:32 AM
It happened at Hockenheim too, IIRC.

Tranquilizer drones? :gomer:

and Silverstone with Mad Neil Horan

Insomniac
09-21-15, 11:09 AM
Vettel sounded legitimately concerned / nervous. I'm sure it would be horrific if a car hit a person at any speed, much less 150mph with the car filed to a fine point at the nose.

What's amazing is that when the guy decided to leave, he just hopped over a fence, apparently where the gap exists for marshalls to be able to go rescue cars. I don't know how to solve that at all.

He escaped through the fire marshall cut outs that are all along the track. I don't think that's the problem because those don't lead straight to fans. He somehow got into an area that should've been off access and then found his way to the track. Did they find him afterwards? Why was he even out there. The last time it was a protest. Like Matchett, when they first showed it, I was looking down track where the flags were waving. The guy was walking along the wall.

cameraman
09-21-15, 01:01 PM
The Twitter explains all...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPWXjtBUEAImsVG.jpg

chop456
09-22-15, 02:19 AM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34322056

A British national who wandered onto the track at the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday has been charged with committing a "rash act".
Yogvitam Pravin Dhokia, 27, was seen walking along the side of the Marina Bay Circuit and taking photographs while the race was under way.
His action caused officials to deploy the safety car, before he jumped back over a security barrier.
F1 officials are investigating how he was able to get onto the track.

At one point Ferarri's Sebastian Vettel, who went on to win the race, could be heard radioing his team to say: "There's a man on the track, there's a man on the track."
Mr Yogvitam was offered bail of S$15,000 ($10,600; £6,800) but said he could not pay as he was not working and had spent all his money travelling to the Grand Prix, Singaporean media reported.
He will appear in court again on 6 October. The British High Commission in Singapore confirmed the arrest of a British national and said it was ready to provide consular assistance".

:tony:

Andrew Longman
09-22-15, 10:40 PM
I suspect he will be caned if he can't pay the fine. Mental instability seemed to be in the mix too.
Spent all his money to travel to the race?