PDA

View Full Version : NFL Regular Season 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WickerBill
09-10-15, 10:38 AM
It's game day. Unfortunately for the vast majority of the nation, aligning yourself with one of the two fan bases represented in tonight's game is a frying pan/fire decision. :)

Let's get this out of the way.... Super Bowl picks everyone, so we can see how awful we are come February.

Mine:

Seattle 32-21 Indianapolis

Insomniac
09-10-15, 12:41 PM
It's game day. Unfortunately for the vast majority of the nation, aligning yourself with one of the two fan bases represented in tonight's game is a frying pan/fire decision. :)

Let's get this out of the way.... Super Bowl picks everyone, so we can see how awful we are come February.

Mine:

Patriots 35 - Packers 31

dando
09-10-15, 12:57 PM
Browns/9ers, 7-10...Clowns #1 pick. :gomer:

Pack/Broncos, 35-24. Manning retires.

dando
09-10-15, 07:07 PM

Can't get onboard with the Colts yet....running game (TRich and Boom gone)? D? WRs (Hilton, Fleener and who else? Wayne is gone.)? They get a bye with their division, but they aren't ready for the big people's table yet, IMO.

WickerBill
09-10-15, 07:34 PM
There aren't really any big people in the AFC.

Colts have an improved D, Frank Gore, beefed up O line. I think the biggest liability is Pagano, honestly.

dando
09-10-15, 09:07 PM
Rob Guerrera ‏@StatsOnFire 48s48 seconds ago
Al Michsels just said the Steelers were getting @scottzolak and the Patriots radio broadcast in their headsets at one point.

Nice. :shakehead:

dando
09-10-15, 09:14 PM

Colts have an improved D, Frank Gore, beefed up O line. I think the biggest liability is Pagano, honestly.

Yeah, but Gore is going into his 10th season, which is pushing the limit for NFL RBs. Granted he hasn't carried the ball Ware-like, but he's going to need a solid #2 to spell him. Anything is better than TRich, tho. :saywhat: You'd know better about the OL since the national media doesn't report much on the slobs. :)

Insomniac
09-11-15, 09:53 AM

Or the run defense.

dando
09-11-15, 11:16 AM
That was not Dick LeBeau's D last night. The DBs were all over the place missing coverage. How do you have busted coverage on GRONK that many times? I knew the Stealers had issues on D, but that was Swiss cheese last night, and I don't mean baby Swiss. If they don't get that fixed, it's 9-7 (two from Brownies and one from Bungles are a shoe in). AFC North is gonna be fun to watch as usual.

Don Quixote
09-11-15, 01:00 PM
And I would point out that the Browns are still tied for first place, 1/2 game ahead of the Steelers. :thumbup:

dando
09-11-15, 01:29 PM
And I would point out that the Browns are still tied for first place, 1/2 game ahead of the Steelers. :thumbup:

Uh, already been there, done that.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?18697-Offcamber-NFL15&p=333224&viewfull=1#post333224

:gomer: ;)

All kidding aside, this Moeller situation is really sad. I hope the guy gets the help he needs. He had several chances and just blew them. If even 1% of the allegations of the 911 call are true, he's gone and needs to get help ASAP. Pettine is in a bad, bad spot...wackjob for an owner, and the GM is just an idiot (proven by drafts and his texting coaches during a game). Now he has to deal with this.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2015/09/cleveland_browns_coach_mike_pe_1.html

dando
09-11-15, 01:34 PM
Now this is the Raiderz used to know.

Talented but troubled linebacker Aldon Smith will get a chance to resurrect his NFL career in the Bay Area.

In a surprise move on the cusp of the regular season, the pass-rush needy Oakland Raiders have signed Smith to a one-year deal, ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed. Bleacher Report first reported the story.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630727/oakland-raiders-sign-troubled-lb-aldon-smith-1-year-deal

In other news, certain to warm nrc's heart, AJ 'hands of stone' Green as signed a longterm deal.

GREEN LATEST TO GET LONG-TERM DEAL DONE
Bengals WR A.J. Green has agreed to a long-term extension, per ESPN and media reports. The agreement was first reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630962/aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-reach-agreement-long-term-deal

dando
09-13-15, 01:29 PM
Only the Clowns. :laugh: :rofl: Here comes Johnny... :gomer:

nrc
09-13-15, 03:56 PM
In other news, certain to warm nrc's heart, AJ 'hands of stone' Green as signed a longterm deal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13630962/aj-green-cincinnati-bengals-reach-agreement-long-term-deal

AJ's problem isn't "hands of stone". AJ's problem is failure to focus and execute 100% on every play. Maybe he was distracted trying to do the math on his latest offer and it will all be good now.

Meanwhile, Browns new costumes: Wow.

dando
09-13-15, 04:08 PM
AJ's problem isn't "hands of stone". AJ's problem is failure to focus and execute 100% on every play. Maybe he was distracted trying to do the math on his latest offer and it will all be good now.

He does on occasion. And yes, he does have way too many mental lapses.

Brownies new costumes were cute for Halloween. :gomer:

I repeat my stance on the Colts. Not a believer.

EDIT: Note pass dropped in end zone by AJ. On the good side, he doesn't have the gator arms of Gresh. :\

Insomniac
09-14-15, 09:43 AM

I know I always thought, these uniforms could use 3D numbers.

TKGAngel
09-14-15, 12:59 PM
:rofl: at Rex having both Cassel and Taylor out on the field for the Bills first play. Talk about trolling us all!

chop456
09-15-15, 04:36 AM
LOL @ Winston, too. The matchup of numbers one and two and he couldn't have failed more spectacularly if he'd slept through the game. :thumbup:

https://hornm16.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/jameis-winston-crab-legs-memes-4.jpg?w=448

dando
09-15-15, 10:16 AM
9ers were far more impressive than I expected. :eek: And the turf lasted the entire game. :gomer:

Don Quixote
09-15-15, 11:02 AM
9ers were far more impressive than I expected. :eek: And the turf lasted the entire game. :gomer:Carlos "El Guapo" Hyde. :thumbup:

Tifosi24
09-15-15, 12:17 PM
9ers were far more impressive than I expected. :eek: And the turf lasted the entire game. :gomer:

I think it was more of the Vikings being absolutely dreadful. The rubes are in pure panic mode right now. Everyone was thinking the Vikings were playoff bound, now you would have sworn the Soviets nuked Duluth last night.

dando
09-15-15, 01:14 PM
I think it was more of the Vikings being absolutely dreadful. The rubes are in pure panic mode right now. Everyone was thinking the Vikings were playoff bound, now you would have sworn the Soviets nuked Duluth last night.

Perhaps, but I expected the 9ers to be a dumpster fire post-Harbaugh and the retirements/cuts.

Gnam
09-15-15, 02:19 PM
The 49ers' opening drive was way better than expected, right up to the point where it stalled out and they couldn't score a touchdown. That part looked familiar. :\

It will be fun to see how the new team stacks up against the NFC West and the teams in the Northern divisions.

One additional note: Black uniforms belong on Raiders, not Niners!!! :mad:

WickerBill
09-18-15, 05:12 PM
No comments on the Madden NFL 15 ending to last night's game?

For those who have played, you KNOW that in certain games, everything goes the other team's way no matter how much better you are. That's what happened to KC last night.

stroker
09-19-15, 10:11 AM

For those who have played, you KNOW that in certain games, everything goes the other team's way no matter how much better you are. That's what happened to KC last night.

I have the Broncos in our pool at work. I asked my co-worker John if he wanted to place a small bet on the Chiefs above and beyond the season pool just to make it interesting. He responded "I'll be happy to take your money." Now the Chiefs fans know how Packers fans felt last season...

Insomniac
09-19-15, 04:51 PM

Just getting owned. Or maybe it's just Andy Reid. 3 TDs in the last minute of the halves. Plus one more 2 minutes before. I don't know how that's anything besides a melt down. KC pooped the bed.

dando
09-20-15, 03:39 PM
Now this is the 9ers I expected. :gomer: (@ Gnam) ;)

dando
09-20-15, 08:45 PM
No Cutler h8? :gomer:

nrc and Missy brings Who Dey home 2-0. :thumbup:

Romo...oh no. (this :D or this :eek: ?)

Ravens? Hello? Raiderz, WTF?!? Same for the GMen (what up wit' 'dat? shizz?).

chop456
09-21-15, 06:18 AM

For going 8/8 then throwing a pick and getting injured, or for finishing the game with a higher passer rating than what Palmer finished with?

Any QB hate should be directed at Jimmy Clausen, who should probably be working in retail somewhere. Not to mention the defense.

dando
09-21-15, 07:24 AM
For going 8/8 then throwing a pick and getting injured, or for finishing the game with a higher passer rating than what Palmer finished with?

Any QB hate should be directed at Jimmy Clausen, who should probably be working in retail somewhere. Not to mention the defense.

Far too reasonable assessment. :gomer:

Who in the hell is going to win the NFC East?

WickerBill
09-21-15, 08:27 AM
Who in the hell is going to win the NFC East?

Surely not Washington, right? They should be 2-0...

Don Quixote
09-21-15, 09:47 AM
Oh, and congratulations to the Bengals for winning another September Super Bowl! :D

Insomniac
09-21-15, 11:10 AM
Oh, and congratulations to the Bengals for winning another September Super Bowl! :D

The Bills lost their's. :)

I'm already out of my $2,500 Survivor Pool. Thanks Baltimore!

nrc
09-21-15, 01:10 PM

nrc and Missy brings Who Dey home 2-0. :thumbup:

Romo...oh no. (this :D or this :eek: ?)

Ravens? Hello? Raiderz, WTF?!? Same for the GMen (what up wit' 'dat? shizz?).

I'm still in wait and see mode on Andy this season. What I've seen is encouraging but he started last season with three good games as well. AJ only took one play off that I noticed. Great to see the D line back in form and the secondary is holding up.

Next week will be a real test. The Ravens are 0-2 coming off a two game west coast swing and headed into a three game run of division games. They'll be desperate to get back on track at home.

TKGAngel
09-21-15, 03:18 PM
The Bills lost their's. :)

Penalties killed them. The missed EP and the 2pt conversions didn't help, either.

However, if there is a silver lining it's that Aaron Williams is ok after getting ambulanced off the field.

dando
09-21-15, 03:31 PM
I'm still in wait and see mode on Andy this season. What I've seen is encouraging but he started last season with three good games as well. AJ only took one play off that I noticed. Great to see the D line back in form and the secondary is holding up.

Next week will be a real test. The Ravens are 0-2 coming off a two game west coast swing and headed into a three game run of division games. They'll be desperate to get back on track at home.

Enjoy it while they are healthy. Yesterday appeared to be the best all-around they've played in a while. Balanced attack on O and the D came up with turnovers and held a good O to 19 points. I'm not drinking the carrot top juice yet, but if we can get Gio and Hill to run consistently, that takes the pressure off Carrot Top. The upcoming 5-game stretch is gonna be killer. Ravens (pissed off hornets nest), Chefs, Seahags, Bills and Stealers until the bye week on 5-Nov (wait, that's the Clowns...same diff :gomer: ). Loved watching the Clowns and their school yard QB yesterday instead of the Who Deys. Not! :mad: :irked: :finger:

dando
09-21-15, 03:46 PM
Penalties killed them. The missed EP and the 2pt conversions didn't help, either.

However, if there is a silver lining it's that Aaron Williams is ok after getting ambulanced off the field.

Yes, but the D got pantsed. That's not Ryan-like D. Good news on Williams. :thumbup:

dando
09-21-15, 03:50 PM
Surely not Washington, right? They should be 2-0...

All bets are off. The G-Men got issues (I smelled that dumpster when the Who Deys played them in pre-season week 1 and dominated them), Dallas is the walking wounded with Romo and Dez out , Whitten hurting (add that they have a running back by committee), Redskins? Srsly? A W over the Lambs makes not a great team, if Philly can't get an OL, they are toast (I am off that bandwagon).

dando
09-21-15, 03:54 PM

And kudos to the Clowns winning playground football style with Johnny Brady. 1 of 5 Ws for this season. If the Titans had WRs with human arms and not gator arms or hands of stone, that game is much different. Marcus had the ball on target consistently and the drops were astounding.

Apparently Don Q. needs to update his social network pic (perhaps his kids can show him how). :p

:p

dando
09-21-15, 03:56 PM
Seahags...when do the 'hags cave on Kam?

dando
09-22-15, 12:53 AM
Not buying AGAIN. :shakehead:

chop456
09-22-15, 01:57 AM
Is there a bigger crybaby than Pete Carroll? I hope they lose their 14 remaining games due to bad officiating. :thumbup:

I don't know that even blatant help from the officials can help Jimmy Clausen next week, but that's beside the point. :D

WickerBill
09-22-15, 05:47 AM
Something isn't right with Luck's throwing motion. He is shot-putting the ball. I was out of the country last week and didn't see the Colts : Bills game, but something is really wrong.

I rescind my Colts pick of course. For the fifth year in a row, they didn't fix the offensive line. That the DBs are a bunch of corpses after two weeks doesn't help of course.

dando
09-22-15, 06:12 AM
Is there a bigger crybaby than Pete Carroll? I hope they lose their 14 remaining games due to bad officiating. :thumbup:

I don't know that even blatant help from the officials can help Jimmy Clausen next week, but that's beside the point. :D

Yes. His name is Bert Bielema and resides in Arkansas. For some reason Don Q. is a big fan of his (must be his Clevelandness showing through :gomer: ). #2 is some guy named Harbaugh. ;)

dando
09-22-15, 10:17 AM
Something isn't right with Luck's throwing motion. He is shot-putting the ball. I was out of the country last week and didn't see the Colts : Bills game, but something is really wrong.

I rescind my Colts pick of course. For the fifth year in a row, they didn't fix the offensive line. That the DBs are a bunch of corpses after two weeks doesn't help of course.

The OL you were touting isn't helping any. Just based on what I saw last night, like you, not having seen the first game vs. Bills.

Don Quixote
09-22-15, 10:41 AM
I don't think the Colt's game planning is helping Luck at all. I think this is as much on the coaching staff as it is on the o-line. Luck won't last the season if he continues to be beat up like he is.

WickerBill
09-22-15, 11:11 AM
They touted this O line and it is as bad as any in the league - so perhaps it is coaching. I did say that Pagano was the weak link on this team, and I hold to that. We all KNEW when Pagano was out with his leukemia that Arians was the right man for the job - he was outstanding - but of course we couldn't just give him the job after Pagano came back.

Insomniac
09-22-15, 12:06 PM

I think the Patriots are going scorched earth. That was pretty bad coaching from Belichick to close out the game and at least let Buffalo think they had a chance. They were trying to run up the score IMO.

dando
09-23-15, 12:25 PM
Kam folds...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13722598/kam-chancellor-end-contract-holdout-return-seattle-seahawks

SteveH
09-23-15, 12:29 PM
Kam folds...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13722598/kam-chancellor-end-contract-holdout-return-seattle-seahawks

He's no dummy. The Bears are coming to Seattle. He knows he can show his true worth in just one game. Even if he isn't in shape.

Insomniac
09-24-15, 11:53 AM
He's no dummy. The Bears are coming to Seattle. He knows he can show his true worth in just one game. Even if he isn't in shape.

He has a whole career of that. He has no leverage now. At this point, all he can hope is the team doesn't enforce the fines and go after some of his bonus.

dando
09-26-15, 12:56 PM
There's hope for the Clowns yet....

The son of the greatest receiver of all time got a look from the Browns.

A league source tells PFT that the Browns tried out Jerry Rice Jr.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/25/jerry-rice-jr-gets-a-tryout-with-the-browns/

:gomer:

WickerBill
09-28-15, 06:58 AM
Carson Palmer took on Mike Brown (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000540997/article/carson-palmer-leading-his-own-career-revival-in-arizona)

I don't remember this somehow; any Bengals fans care to comment?

dando
09-28-15, 09:43 AM
Carson Palmer took on Mike Brown (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000540997/article/carson-palmer-leading-his-own-career-revival-in-arizona)

I think CP just got fed up with the dysfunction in the front office. He was really never the same after he blew his knee out. He sold his house in Cincy and pulled a power play to get out. He just didn't want to be in Cincy anymore.

Some background.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/bengals-cardinals/2014/8/24/6062323/the-dead-carson-palmer-storyline-in-cincinnati

Gnam
09-28-15, 01:01 PM
I am surprised the 49ers didn't bench Kaepernick on Sunday. Not as a punishment, but just to get him out of that situation.

The win over Minnesota in week 1 gave everyone hope, but now it's clear the Niners are back in the wilderness. Horrible. :thumbdown:

Insomniac
09-28-15, 02:37 PM
And now the national media is talking 16-0. :shakehead:

nrc
09-28-15, 04:35 PM

We know now that you've been ignoring NFL posts from Dando and I since 2010. :D

It's funny that Carson has decided that it's time to declare victory over Mike Brown. Brown played the Palmer hand perfectly given a bad situation. He would have let Palmer rot on the shelf if he hadn't gotten the price he wanted out of him. Brown's harshest critics recognize that it was a master stroke even if some think that he backed into it.

Carson never specified what his issues with the team were but the culture of the team has done nothing but improve since his departure. Mike "the Redeemer" Brown will still take chances on guys like Vontez Burfict, but Lewis seems to have more control and the team is much less tolerant of prima donas and non-team players.

dando
09-28-15, 11:37 PM
Bears are burning down the house. First Allen traded to Panthers, now Bostic to the Pats.

chop456
09-29-15, 01:53 AM
So about Aaron Rodgers. He has now gone 1,030 days, 580 passes and 51 TDs without an interception at Lambeau Field. :yuck:

dando
09-29-15, 04:26 AM
And now the national media is talking 16-0. :shakehead:

They go to Cowblows (but Romo and Dez will still be out), @Indy (but they haven't showed me anything yet), and @Broncos late in the season (who knows what Peyton will be like then).

Insomniac
09-29-15, 10:20 AM
They go to Cowblows (but Romo and Dez will still be out), @Indy (but they haven't showed he anything yet), and @Broncos late in the season (who knows what Peyton will like then).

Everybody assumed Indy would be bad before Brady won in court. Now after seeing them both play... The Denver defense would be the bigger concern IMO. In any case, it's the NFL. It's hard just to go 6-0 in the division.

nrc
10-02-15, 09:24 AM
Epic game management failure by Tomlin last night. I was hoping they would run out of time in OT - it would have been nearly as good as a loss for both of them.

dando
10-02-15, 11:10 AM
Epic game management failure by Tomlin last night. I was hoping they would run out of time in OT - it would have been nearly as good as a loss for both of them.

Crocodile tears. :gomer:

Insomniac
10-02-15, 01:12 PM

I hope they push the XP back another 10 yards next year. I always felt Tomlin was in over his head and now that he got rid of Dick LeBeau...

dando
10-02-15, 04:06 PM

Mine:

:gomer: ;)

dando
10-04-15, 02:16 PM
Nuge is done. Period. :irked:

dando
10-04-15, 03:01 PM
Thou shalt not dis the Carrot Top. :gomer: ;)

dando
10-04-15, 03:35 PM
:gasp:

nrc is all in.

:)

dando
10-05-15, 11:44 AM
Who is going to win the NFC lEast? Nuts...

Insomniac
10-05-15, 01:27 PM
Joe Philbin fired.

dando
10-05-15, 02:18 PM
Joe Philbin fired.

No wonder. The Fish are a Huge disappointment. Much like the Iggles.

chop456
10-06-15, 02:08 AM
Which official's family was threatened by the oddsmakers? Unbelievable.

dando
10-06-15, 09:29 AM
Wow.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13819689/dean-blandino-refs-incorrectly-handled-crucial-end-zone-call-end-lions-seahawks

:shakehead:

Andrew Longman
10-06-15, 10:14 AM
Wow is right. I thought it was a great savvy play by the defender to knock the ball out to cause the fumble. Pro players seem to rarely show such situational awareness but as soon as the LB knocked it out of the end zone I was talking to the tv about why no one, including the Lions coaches or tv commentators weren't bitching about the non call. It isn't really an obscure rule IMO.

The official's explanation that he didn't think it was intentional is a joke pure and simple.

The Lions declining to whine about it later was classy... Even if it covered for them not protesting it in the moment.

Insomniac
10-06-15, 02:44 PM
I'd just say that this stuff is part of the reason people think the Patriots always cheat. I know this case purely rests on the referees, but after the game Wright said he had no clue about the rule. PFT pointed out it happened in a Seahawks game just 2 years ago. Rosevelt Colvin, who played for the Patriots from 2003-2008 said on Twitter: "I promise you Bill Belicheck knows that rule...cause we practiced it in our situational practices" and "we practiced how and when to bat a ball". I'm not saying no other team knows/practices this, but it speaks to the level of preparation the Patriots have compared to Detroit and Seattle at least.

Andrew Longman
10-06-15, 03:15 PM
...but after the game Wright said he had no clue about the rule. Given that he has played the game since he was maybe 10 that's pretty sad.

To your point about the Pats, true. A last round draft pick can be taught the rules and it can make the difference in a game. It is the same as Audi practicing pit stops endlessly because a 1/10th second saved there doesn't cost a single engineering dollar.

dando
10-11-15, 04:27 PM
All I got is...

:D

And...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c3d7QgZr7g

;)

dando
10-11-15, 05:33 PM
Hmmm, Brady calling out OL during the 'boys game. I thought someone mentioned 'winning' QBs don't do that? :confused: :gomer: ;)

WickerBill
10-11-15, 07:46 PM
Broncos are the Ohio State of the NFL. Most ridiculous undefeated team in all the land.

dando
10-11-15, 08:19 PM
Broncos are the Ohio State of the NFL. Most ridiculous undefeated team in all the land.

But our QBs are <39 and not intercepted by a 39 yo CB. ;) :p

nrc
10-12-15, 03:23 AM
Andy Dalton is having fun.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000552247/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton

dando
10-12-15, 03:33 AM
Andy Dalton is having fun.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000552247/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton

Not just Carrot Top. As Marvin said...others have stepped up their game. Raise the Bar. The Other Marvin, Eifert, Sanu, AJ. And the D...even without Burrfict. Can't say how much a real TE means to this team. Remember Dan Ross, Trumpy? Forget Gresh and his gator arms. Top to bottom this was awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :) Also fun to see Ocho there. :)

dando
10-12-15, 04:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

:)

Insomniac
10-12-15, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, Brady calling out OL during the 'boys game. I thought someone mentioned 'winning' QBs don't do that? :confused: :gomer: ;)

I missed that. What happened?

dando
10-12-15, 02:07 PM
I missed that. What happened?

Don't recall exactly when, but Simms commented on it in the first half after the 'boys either sacked or pressured Brady again. Apparently he was calling out one of the OL specifically.

Insomniac
10-12-15, 05:07 PM
Don't recall exactly when, but Simms commented on it in the first half after the 'boys either sacked or pressured Brady again. Apparently he was calling out one of the OL specifically.

Ohhh OK. They didn't show it. That explains it. Sometimes I don't hear Phil Simms and Jim Nantz. :)

dando
10-12-15, 05:30 PM
Ohhh OK. They didn't show it. That explains it. Sometimes I don't hear Phil Simms and Jim Nantz. :)

Yes, I tend to listen passively, but that caught my attention. ;) 16-0? ;)

Insomniac
10-13-15, 09:55 AM
Yes, I tend to listen passively, but that caught my attention. ;) 16-0? ;)

Let them get past Denver undefeated first. But still, even in 2007 there were close games. There just isn't a large enough gap between one team and the rest of the league. The salary cap limits the talent and coaching can only do so much. Dallas showed the o-line has issues. The defense has been suspect, but not exposed yet. What happens in the game Sunday with Romo and Dez? I doubt you miss a wide open Williams in the end zone. Malcolm Butler was so burned and he still trash talked after it...

dando
10-16-15, 08:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13904213/cleveland-browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-pulled-arguing-girlfriend-admitted-drinking

:shakehead: :saywhat: :(

Andrew Longman
10-18-15, 03:42 PM

Hmmm, Brady calling out OL during the 'boys game. I thought someone mentioned 'winning' QBs don't do that? :confused: :gomer: ;)Winning QBs also move on from the last play and pick up their teammates. I think that's what I said and that's what Brady did. :)

Oh and apparently whatever Brady said to his teammate didn't make much of an impression on anyone but the lineman who needed some pointed feedback. ;)

dando
10-18-15, 03:43 PM
Peyton is toast. :(

EDIT: Srsly? Does either team want to win this game?

EDIT2: Clowns didn't. :gomer:

WickerBill
10-18-15, 06:42 PM
Sad, isn't it? How much is Peyton and how much is the QB killer Kubiak's offense?

dando
10-18-15, 07:33 PM
Sad, isn't it? How much is Peyton and how much is the QB killer Kubiak's offense?

I like Peyton. #chickenparm ;) That OL isn't helping. :(

dando
10-18-15, 09:31 PM
Hanging 60 on the Colts ain't gonna happen, Mr. Brady. :gomer:

Insomniac
10-19-15, 01:47 PM
They never claimed they were going to do that. ;)

The problem with Denver is they spent the entire offseason and training camp on the new offense and they can't get those practices back. But they're 6-0 while trying to find their way which is a great place to be when doing that.

Special teams nuttyness last night. Onsides kick awarded to the wrong team (how'd they conclude NE had it to begin with when Moncrief came out with it?), horrible fake punt (also, now I believe for sure Belichick didn't call timeout on purpose in the SB, he let that chaos ensue) and the hurdle the line XP block to keep it a 7-point game. Jamie Collins is a freak.

cameraman
10-19-15, 02:05 PM
They never claimed they were going to do that. ;)

The problem with Denver is they spent the entire offseason and training camp on the new offense and they can't get those practices back. But they're 6-0 while trying to find their way which is a great place to be when doing that.

Special teams nuttyness last night. Onsides kick awarded to the wrong team (how'd they conclude NE had it to begin with when Moncrief came out with it?), horrible fake punt (also, now I believe for sure Belichick didn't call timeout on purpose in the SB, he let that chaos ensue) and the hurdle the line XP block to keep it a 7-point game. Jamie Collins is a freak.

cZ6g6yKEcug

For those of us who have seen no tv since Saturday...

So why would it have been a penalty if he had touched someone?

dando
10-19-15, 03:19 PM
Pagano is done.

WickerBill
10-19-15, 03:34 PM
Colts will be after Sean Payton. Grigson will offer picks to get him.

I think we've all learned this year what a good DC can do (Wade Phillips) to change the entire trajectory of a unit. So if they get Payton, and Grigson relinquishes some actual control of the "groceries" to Payton, they'll really only need a good DC. That team as constructed today is capable of winning the AFC.... except for coaching.

Insomniac
10-19-15, 04:27 PM
For those of us who have seen no tv since Saturday...

So why would it have been a penalty if he had touched someone?

I think because you're not allowed to use someone else when jumping. While he wouldn't have necessarily used them to get more leverage to get higher, they rule it pretty straight. I think it's called a leaping penalty.

nrc
10-19-15, 07:24 PM
25 years after Sam Wyche was fighting against teh wimmins in teh locker room the NFL Network brings you the Bengals locker room in all its nekkid glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePusmtf1IQ