PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam

cameraman
09-06-15, 03:34 PM
This fire is amazing and all but do the maths

d440kLNXk9A

That was 19,000 barrels of bourbon, that's just over 3,800,000 liters which is 5,000,000 750 ml bottles which retail for ~$30 so you are talking a $150,000,000 retail-level loss.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Looking further into it the fire was in 2003? WTF internet, wtf.

dando
09-06-15, 03:42 PM
:(

Who needs a Sharknado when you can have a Drunknado? ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/80-000-gallons-jim-beam-002030691.html

In addition to the damage they incurred from the storm, Jim Beam is facing fees of $70,000 for polluting the nearby water sources, which led to the death of many fish.

dando
09-06-15, 03:45 PM
Looking further into it the fire was in 2003? WTF internet, wtf.

The news articles I found are only hours or a couple of days old. We had MASSIVE lightning storms around these parts Thur and Fri.

cameraman
09-06-15, 04:53 PM
Exactly. The Weather Channel ran some old file footage a day or so ago. Then somebody posts it, it gets picked up on Facebook, then the accumulator sites and boom viral decade-old "news":saywhat::shakehead:

dando
09-06-15, 05:32 PM
Exactly. The Weather Channel ran some old file footage a day or so ago. Then somebody posts it, it gets picked up on Facebook, then the accumulator sites and boom viral decade-old "news":saywhat::shakehead:

Yup. A quick Wiki check is all it took. :shakehead:

TravelGal
09-06-15, 05:52 PM
:(

Who needs a Sharknado when you can have a Drunknado? ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/80-000-gallons-jim-beam-002030691.html

In addition to the damage they incurred from the storm, Jim Beam is facing fees of $70,000 for polluting the nearby water sources, which led to the death of many fish.

Yes, but they were happy fish. :D

nrc
09-07-15, 02:34 PM

Weather Channel click bait is click bait. Once you get sucked into the vortex of clicking on Weather Channel videos there is no escape and no connection with space or time. Did this event happen yesterday or two years ago? Am I watching it today or last year? Why can I not stop clicking on these video boxes?

dando
09-07-15, 02:54 PM
I stopped watching TWC long ago when the original experts like John Hope (RIP) moved on. Stephanie Abrams was easy on the eyes until she got 'enhancements' and stopped looking normal. :saywhat: :irked: Now I just roll my own. :)

dando
09-09-15, 09:30 PM
Since we got off track with The Weather Channel, I'll keep the thread offtrack. :gomer: TWC going back to it's roots, less reality and fluff stuff.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/09/media/weather-channel-sam-champion/

Also, Al Roker apparently got into an e-mail tiff with management over coverage of Erika vs. the 10th anniversary of Katrina, and his show has been cancelled as well.

chop456
09-10-15, 04:12 AM
Also, Al Roker apparently got into an e-mail tiff with management over coverage of Erika vs. the 10th anniversary of Katrina, and his show has been cancelled as well.

He should have never worked again after making fun of Epilepsy, and that was probably 10 years ago.

Insomniac
09-10-15, 12:39 PM
You know TWC is out of control when they have a carriage dispute. DirecTV just replaced them with WU for a while and kept WU and put TWC in a higher programming tier once they worked it out.

dando
09-10-15, 12:55 PM
You know TWC is out of control when they have a carriage dispute. DirecTV just replaced them with WU for a while and kept WU and put TWC in a higher programming tier once they worked it out.

Their online revenues exceeded the TWC TV channel. That's telling. The last time I spent any significant time watching TWC was Charley/Katrina. I haven't visited the Web site for ~15 years. NWS, NWS/SPC/NHC, and the local Wx app (driven with WU data) is what I use mostly. I did hit up Accuweather for a period when Joe Bastardi was with them, but he left for his own venture (Weatherbell), but I don't spend much time there since it's focused on long-term Wx trends/forecasts targeted for commercial interests.