PDA

View Full Version : MWR won't field a car full season in '16

dando
08-19-15, 11:39 AM
Bowyer released to find another ride.

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/michael-waltrip-racing-wont-race-sprint-cup-full-time-in-2016/

Andrew Longman
08-19-15, 05:58 PM
Maybe MW will be looking for a rent-to-own race team deal.

NismoZ
08-31-15, 04:37 PM
Well...I did it! Just saw my 1st NASCAR race...@ Road America. Of course the REAL reason I went was to see the "new" Trans Am race...and Greg Pickett! He qualified 10th, finished 5th...in a "Jaguar":D...not bad AT ALL for an old guy shakin' off the rust! Even a new CTS-V Cadillac (bodied) car for ol' ex-champ Doug Peterson. "Only" 63 starters in TA, TA2, TA3 & TA3i (International...meaning Porsches, I guess) Almost impossible to keep track of all the activity but loud, fast good looking cars and fun to watch. Ridiculous pile-up at T-6 REALLY shook up the order. The yellow came out IMMEDIATELY but cars just charged into the mess anyway! (blind corner under the bridge) Was the LONGEST racing accident I have ever seen! The top TA class guys were about 9-10 seconds/lap FASTER than the NASCAB Infinity guys! The TA2 cars were 'bout the same speed as Infinity cars. AND...they DID block off the "NASCAR Garage" part of the paddock with tall chain-link fence sections! Extra $$ to see THOSE guys.:shakehead: I didn't bite... No biggie, plenty to see in the North Paddock. Guess my race season is over...all TV from now on.