PDA

View Full Version : Return to PIR?

dando
08-14-15, 09:02 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/motor/2015/08/13/indycar-series-phoenix-international-raceway/31669817/

opinionated ow
08-14-15, 11:09 AM
Oh, I thought you meant Portland! Bring the Silver Crown cars with them and rebirth the Copper World Classic at the same time

TravelGal
08-14-15, 12:52 PM
Oh, I thought you meant Portland! Bring the Silver Crown cars with them and rebirth the Copper World Classic at the same time

I thought so too. That would be something worth going to. PHX not so much.

dando
08-14-15, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I wish it was Portland, Phoenix rovalish like Nazareth, so it's less ho-hum than Richmond.

Andrew Longman
08-15-15, 10:38 AM
Didn't something like 3000 people show up the last time the IRL tried that, and IIRC that was the end of the once famously popular Copper Classic?

mapguy
08-15-15, 12:50 PM
Bring the Silver Crown cars with them and rebirth the Copper World Classic at the same time

It was the irl's brilliant idea of running with the Copper World Classic that killed it in the first place.

opinionated ow
08-16-15, 01:13 AM
It was the irl's brilliant idea of running with the Copper World Classic that killed it in the first place.
I'd forgotten about that. I just assumed the Copper had fallen due NASCAR because I think it was dead before the era of upside down bathtub racing