PDA

View Full Version : Jenson Button robbed in Saint-Tropez

cameraman
08-06-15, 06:40 PM
This is seriously ****ed up if this is some kind of semi-common thing is France. I've never heard of it and it seems to me that it would be a great way to kill everyone in the house.

JENSON Button and his wife Jessica lay unconscious and defenceless in bed as burglars ransacked their room and took her £250,000 engagement ring. The couple were gassed in their sleep by raiders at a holiday villa they were renting in the south of France. Police believe two experienced criminals pumped an anaesthetic gas into the property through its air conditioning vents. Then, confident that Formula One star Jenson and the other occupants were out cold, they broke into the mansion in Saint-Tropez. The intruders helped themselves to possessions worth more than £300,000. The items included Jessica’s five-carat engagement ring — a three-stoned large teardrop design diamond set in a diamond-encrusted platinum band....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6577967/Jenson-Button-gassed-in-300k-villa-robbery.html

The article also states that Button is rumored to be a candidate for one of the new Top Gear presenter jobs. Not to sure about that one.

Kiwifan
08-06-15, 09:24 PM
I've heard of it. A young lass from here and a friend were backpacking through France a few years ago and awoke feeling groggy to find they had been rumbled. Luckily she had her money and passport by her feet in her sleeping bag. :mad: :flaming:

Sad sign of the times...... :shakehead: