PDA

View Full Version : 2015 La Course by le Tour de France

opinionated ow
07-26-15, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure if anybody else caught the women's race today; if you didn't you missed out. Anna van der Breggen went for a solo break leading up the Arc de Triomphe on the final lap and managed to hold off the entire peloton for the remaining 7km of the race. Amazing solo effort.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK2B-DMWwAAMaHJ.png

TravelGal
07-26-15, 01:21 PM
We haven't watched much since the doping scandals. I miss it. I'm hoping to get back to normal, whatever that is, by next year so we can take some time in front of the TV to watch the coverages. Sorry about the weather. Do you know Anna?

opinionated ow
07-26-15, 10:24 PM
We haven't watched much since the doping scandals. I miss it. I'm hoping to get back to normal, whatever that is, by next year so we can take some time in front of the TV to watch the coverages. Sorry about the weather. Do you know Anna?

I wish I knew Anna ;)

It takes an exceptionally strong rider to hold off a peloton like that but she managed it. Most impressive. Probably because it was a scratch race, the girls really went at it from the start. The guys rode negative for most of their event before the last couple of laps. By 3AM though I was battling!