PDA

View Full Version : Texas Indy

NismoZ
06-06-15, 08:51 PM
Oh boy...about 15 cars within .5...20 within 1 second? What could possibly go wrong?! Epic disaster for Penske...Qualified 1-2-3...FIVE!:cry: That has to hurt. Firestone 600? Six hundred WHAT?

opinionated ow
06-06-15, 11:14 PM
Oh boy...about 15 cars within .5...20 within 1 second? What could possibly go wrong?! Epic disaster for Penske...Qualified 1-2-3...FIVE!:cry: That has to hurt. Firestone 600? Six hundred WHAT?

I think it's one of those crazy European measurements that the good old boys don't understand

TravelGal
06-07-15, 12:39 PM
The annoying part about having the races back on NBCSports is that I can't fast forward. It's not a mechanical problem. I actually LIKE listening to Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy. They talk about racing stuff not the driver's families or the weather. Tracy (about which downforce package will win out): "I'm never wrong." Bell (after a bit of poke by someone), "That's something YOU would do." That meant I saw every lap rather than FF through 2/3 of it. Say what you like but I found it to be one of their better efforts.

TKGAngel
06-07-15, 01:27 PM
The annoying part about having the races back on NBCSports is that I can't fast forward. It's not a mechanical problem. I actually LIKE listening to Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy. They talk about racing stuff not the driver's families or the weather. Tracy (about which downforce package will win out): "I'm never wrong." Bell (after a bit of poke by someone), "That's something YOU would do." That meant I saw every lap rather than FF through 2/3 of it. Say what you like but I found it to be one of their better efforts.

Agreed. Bell and PT aren't afraid to call each other out when needed and manage to explain concepts without insulting the viewers intelligence. I'm looking at you, Goodyear.

I also liked the Robin Miller/AJ Foyt interview before the race started. At several points during the race, I found myself wishing that I could watch an extended version of their interview instead of the race. Four cars on the lead lap at the end does not make for a good show.

Also, :thumbup: to seeing Hinch looking alive and well.