View Full Version : Belmont Stakes

gjc2
06-06-15, 10:20 AM
Is anyone placing bets?

Here's what I'm doing:

$2 Exacta . . American Pharoah with All
$6 Exacta . . Frosted with American Pharoah

$10 to win . . . Frosted

I met Frosted's trainer, Kieran Mcloughlin. He said his horse really has a chance.

trish
06-06-15, 11:17 AM
How much could you win with your bets?

I know nothing about betting.

gjc2
06-06-15, 02:16 PM
How much could you win with your bets?

I know nothing about betting.

Not really much.

American Pharoah is the overwhelming favorite so a $2 win bet may only pay $2.20 so I ‘wheeled the field” which means I bet a $2 exacta with AP to win and all seven other horses to come in second, total bet of $14. If a long shot comes in second it could pay well, but if the second favorite comes in second I may not even get my 14 bucks back.

However I’m hoping that Frosted wins with American Pharoah second so then I’d have that exacta, and my $10 win bet on Frosted.

The OTB odds are American Pharoah 3 to 5 and Frosted 5 to 1.

TravelGal
06-06-15, 04:05 PM
I hope American Pharaoh wins because he's a good horse who runs solid races. He doesn't look like a flash in the pan. Needless to say, I expect Frozen or one of the long shots to win, however.

gjc2
06-06-15, 04:49 PM
At a mile and a half the Belmont Stakes is the longest of the three races. The additional distance can make the difference.

SteveH
06-06-15, 08:20 PM
Holy **** :D

Was the jockey who said it.

Napoleon
06-07-15, 04:59 AM
Holy **** :D

Was the jockey who said it.

What was funny was wasn't he speaking Spanish and he said that right in the middle of whatever he was saying in Spanish? I didn't know Holy **** in Spanish was Holy ****

TravelGal
06-07-15, 12:32 PM
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so glad he won. I tried not to think he would but I'm so glad he did. I agree with the announcer who said he didn't even look like he was running flat out by the end. Just running. Just loving life. As was Espinosa. I turned to TravelGuy and said, "Did he just say HOLY ****?" LOL LOL.

gjc2
06-07-15, 03:16 PM
Do you guys remember years ago Helio Castroneves dropping and F bomb in a TV interview? With English as a second language he didn’t know he shouldn’t have said it. He apologized on air a few minutes later.