PDA

View Full Version : F-1 Post Race...Monaco

NismoZ
05-24-15, 10:38 AM
So did anyone see it? All soccer all the time is what I got. No wonder my provider just GAVE me NBCSN. My estimate had the post race interviews being the best part of the broadcast...and? NOTHING.:flaming: I wonder if the REbroadcast this aft will include any ear-opening entertainment? Really though, how pissed can a guy making 155M $ GET!? That's racing.;)

TedN
05-24-15, 10:50 AM
Very wealthy driver but also very immature. I'm not impressed.

Ted

opinionated ow
05-24-15, 11:31 AM
I was too busy watching Eurovision to really care. I take it that the billion dollar man didn't win then?

dando
05-24-15, 12:07 PM
It was on NBC, egit. :gomer: Replay is on NBCSN at 3PM.

Mary
05-24-15, 12:25 PM
NBC left the broadcast right after the race ended; soccer was on ALL their other bleepin' channels. According to either Autosport's and/or Nigel Mansell's tweets, Lewis wasn't smiling on the podium (who would be) but he was okay during the interview. Took the high road. Said they win and lose as a team.

Mary

mapguy
05-24-15, 12:53 PM
Very wealthy driver but also very immature. I'm not impressed.

Ted :thumbdown::shakehead:

Don't know what interview you saw but Lewis was very composed for someone who got screwed by his own team for the win. Very mature even more so for Lewis.

trish
05-24-15, 01:32 PM
I completely forgot about this race. Hope it was good and that they re-air it. And nobody mentions the winner.

Insomniac
05-24-15, 02:12 PM
There will be post race on NBCSN after the race rebroadcast. So like 8 hours after it happened.

Edit: Removed spoiler for trish. But this is a very bad thread to read just from the title!

trish
05-24-15, 02:20 PM
I haven't read the thread yet. I imagine someone on one of these other race broadcasts will spoil it for me.

WickerBill
05-24-15, 06:55 PM
He took the high road with his words, but his body language told another story. More impressive IMO was the winner admitting he got lucky. Don't often see that.

Trish, if you're reading, please stop, because I need to discuss the race. :)

I don't understand the RIC and KVY situation. Why did his team voluntarily dock him a spot to his own teammate? He was cleared of wrongdoing in the RAI situation (although it was clearly his fault - I guess that's a different question), but was miles ahead of KVY at the end.

cameraman
05-24-15, 11:14 PM
Rosberg's vlog for today's race.

"a win is a win..."

http://amp.twimg.com/v/e061fb72-1882-4b2e-9007-eb7c7e27f6ee

KYV pulled over to let RIC by. It was a blatant bit of team orders and when RIC couldn't get past he gave the spot back because RIC would not have been able to get past KYV easily if at all. Kimi was no threat to either of them after the SC.

Insomniac
05-25-15, 10:33 AM
If Hamilton got past Vettel, would the team have ordered Rosberg to give up the lead since they messed up Hamilton's strategy? It would've been interesting, but I think if they did, Rosberg wouldn't do it.

Hamilton didn't even get close to putting his nose in to Vettel. Is that because he couldn't close the gap or was concerned getting too close would cause his front to wash out and clip a barrier. Basically, did the track stop him from trying to pass (fear) or was it really impossible for him to get close enough?

The working group should be spending all their time on that problem. And not with gimmicks like DRS. Real solutions.

Speaking of DRS, I also noticed like Matchett, why wasn't Lewis' DRS ever activated? I kept wondering, where is the DRS zone (S/F "straight" into turn 1)?

That camera angle as Verstappen crashed was disturbing to watch live. He went in hard and you just see his head come forward.

indyfan31
05-25-15, 10:49 AM
:thumbdown::shakehead:

Don't know what interview you saw but Lewis was very composed for someone who got screwed by his own team for the win. Very mature even more so for Lewis.

He literally took his trophy and champagne bottle and walked away from everyone. He was acting like a petulant child that didn't get his way. There was nothing mature about it.

SteveH
05-25-15, 01:45 PM
I would have probably done the same.

Insomniac
05-25-15, 03:28 PM
Hamilton fan, so I may be biased. Just watched the post-race. He was clearly down. First thing he did was shake Nico's hand. He looked down mostly. Accepted his trophy, shook everyone's hands. No champagne celebration, instead walked away near his car with an F1 official. Came back for the interview.

Given the circumstance, didn't seem bad at all to me. They even tried to cheer him up clapping for him before his interview. I don't see "immature" or "petulant child" personally.

WickerBill
05-25-15, 03:48 PM
I thought it was good he didn't throw his earpieces into the car and storm off into the Monaco streets (Senna). I was really impressed with how he handled getting out of the car and immediately having to answer questions. Congratulating Nico and repeating "win as a team lose as a team" was probably far better than I could've mustered in that situation.

I normally do think he's a brat. But I sure can't put him to the sword for not celebrating with the trophy and champagne.

Yes, the Verstappen accident live was hold-your-breath time for me.

datachicane
05-26-15, 05:47 PM
Shows no emotion==No-personality robot, which is bad
Shows some emotion==Petulant child, which is bad.

Got it.

:rofl:

Geebus, the guy didn't put a wheel wrong all day. I'm a pretty slow-fuse, low-key guy, but my reaction would have been raw fireworks next to Hamilton's. Removing himself from a situation that's likely to bring out the demons looks like maturity to me, not the opposite.