PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain

cameraman
04-18-15, 08:21 PM
Questions, questions...

When does Rosberg finally lose his mind and crash out some/everybody?

When does Kimi get fed up with trailing Vettel by 0.250' and Rosberg by 0.100'?

When does Fred go ballistic on the Honda fiasco.

And does Button just keep on plugging along with a forced smile on his face?

opinionated ow
04-19-15, 01:17 AM
As much as I dislike Hamilton, he's done a magnificent job when it comes to mind games. He's got Rosberg well and truly on the ropes.

WickerBill
04-19-15, 10:33 AM
This was Rosberg's track to make a move. Hamilton had never won a pole, Nico has a tremendous history... And he didn't even qualify on the front row.

Title over.

NismoZ
04-19-15, 11:03 AM
Cool! An actual EVENT thread! I like this 10am start...I am well and truly AWAKE! Stories, stories, STORIES...(Marcia)...How many World F-1 Championships in those 1st 2 rows!? Which NON champ in the field has the best chance to actually WIN...(besides Nico:p)...F-1 NEEDS a new winner, a Ferrari win, a DRIVER'S race, a safe race of course...but c'mon, the best news can't be something we hear in the post-race interviews! Here we go...unless you are Button, or Sainze or...sheesh, drama already!

NismoZ
04-19-15, 11:24 AM
Now you see the real reason for the sparks! Nothing like seeing a car burst into FLAMES as it brakes offline in a night race passing move!:cool: I'd like to see an overhead still shot of THAT. Thanks, Nico! "Absolutely FORCING the issue!"...

gjc2
04-19-15, 11:28 AM
Cool! An actual EVENT thread!

I was surprised too.

As for the question about Alonso in the first post: I think Ferrari could have kept him, they could have convinced him they were on the right track for this season, but they didn’t want to, they wanted Vettel.

NismoZ
04-19-15, 11:48 AM
Hamilton radio..."What happened to my gap!?" Oh, I don't know, maybe you aren't driving FAST enough?" Geez, it's always someone else! I was hoping for a "Shut up and drive!" pit reply!:)

Mary
04-19-15, 01:26 PM
Cool! An actual EVENT thread! I like this 10am start...I am well and truly AWAKE! ...F-1 NEEDS a new winner, a Ferrari win,

As much as F1 needs some competition, I dread the fact that it will probably be Ferrari providing it. I just can't stand them. The giant sucking noise you heard a few weeks ago was the international F1 press brown-nosing Ferrari's collective butt. Ferrari's domination in the early 2000s almost drove me away from the sport (although the demise of CART had more to do with that).

Oh well, whining rant over.

Mary

WickerBill
04-19-15, 05:13 PM
Happy to see Rosberg actually passing cars.

Insomniac
04-19-15, 06:06 PM
Sounds like Ferrari is happy to have Alonso gone. Even Kimi said the team is working better. So they (announcers) claim that Ferrari runs better on tires, but I don't see the evidence. Now if they pit first, they're forcing Mercedes hand??? They needed the new tires to force Mercedes to also pit.

NismoZ
04-20-15, 10:05 AM
Speaking of post-race news...it ain't good. Or IS it? Hamilton/Mercedes win 3 of four easily. Is that the problem? Always hear talk about how "easy" these EXPENSIVE cars are to drive, so?...Even (insert troll symbol here) says the cars have to be made more difficult to drive and if it takes 1000 hp (without an increase in costs):rofl:...then for '17 that might be the way to go!? Faster, LOUDER...more DANGEROUS? Ahhh, the "Killer Years"...who can forget THOSE "good ol' days?"...:shakehead: Whatever changes are agreed to, they ARE coming. "To the REAR, MARCH!"...is THAT what we are looking toward?...PS...Who was the guy (was it in 7th Gear?) who went on & ON about the need for 1000hp? "Chris", somebody? I can't even remember if he was talking about F-1 or CART, but he could possibly see his plan now getting some real consideration!?:D...PPS...My guess is Mercedes is already "continuing development in that direction." Their words, not mine.

SteveH
04-20-15, 10:27 AM
Sounds like Ferrari is happy to have Alonso gone. Even Kimi said the team is working better. So they (announcers) claim that Ferrari runs better on tires, but I don't see the evidence. Now if they pit first, they're forcing Mercedes hand??? They needed the new tires to force Mercedes to also pit.

I think in the Ferrari team that existed when Alonso was there, the fit was not right for either. That team however no longer exists. There have been several significant changes outside of replacing Alonso with Vettel. I do think for the last two to three years that Alonso was there, he got the very best out of the car. I would imagine he got tired of wringing everything he could out of the car and not have the team improve. I like the 'new' Ferrari team. I've never been a Ferrari fan boy, but could this year.

Insomniac
04-20-15, 11:12 AM
Speaking of post-race news...it ain't good. Or IS it? Hamilton/Mercedes win 3 of four easily. Is that the problem? Always hear talk about how "easy" these EXPENSIVE cars are to drive, so?...Even (insert troll symbol here) says the cars have to be made more difficult to drive and if it takes 1000 hp (without an increase in costs):rofl:...then for '17 that might be the way to go!? Faster, LOUDER...more DANGEROUS? Ahhh, the "Killer Years"...who can forget THOSE "good ol' days?"...:shakehead: Whatever changes are agreed to, they ARE coming. "To the REAR, MARCH!"...is THAT what we are looking toward?...PS...Who was the guy (was it in 7th Gear?) who went on & ON about the need for 1000hp? "Chris", somebody? I can't even remember if he was talking about F-1 or CART, but he could possibly see his plan now getting some real consideration!?:D...PPS...My guess is Mercedes is already "continuing development in that direction." Their words, not mine.

I don't know about trolls, but when I say harder to drive, I don't mean too much power. I blame the aero. There is so little compromise in thje aero beyond drag. They can stick every turn perfectly. Technology has enabled such detailed aero modelling and testing. These shapes on the wings didn't exist 20 years ago.

NismoZ
04-20-15, 09:00 PM
No accusations of trolling...I was bemoaning the absence of a B. E. "Little Troll" Icon:) HE thinks more power will make things better...How 'bout LESS aerodynamics!?

Opposite Lock
04-20-15, 11:19 PM
I think in the Ferrari team that existed when Alonso was there, the fit was not right for either. That team however no longer exists. There have been several significant changes outside of replacing Alonso with Vettel. I do think for the last two to three years that Alonso was there, he got the very best out of the car. I would imagine he got tired of wringing everything he could out of the car and not have the team improve. I like the 'new' Ferrari team. I've never been a Ferrari fan boy, but could this year.

^I agree with all of that.

And I find Kimi to be the least F1 automaton driver in the field, (with apologies to Ricciardo who I also find refreshingly human). Plus Kimi bested team mate Fingerboy this week, whose talents I also respect.

Plus Ferrari have Arrivabene now, and I like the cut of this guy's jib so far.

Hard Driver
04-23-15, 10:43 PM

I agree that I think a lot more was changed than Alonso. And that is probably that change that counts at Ferrari. Now he can try to wring a terrible McLaren..