PDA

View Full Version : It is dry around here, very, very dry

cameraman
04-14-15, 05:32 PM
I'm not a fan of 30 mph winds & brush fires 1/4 mile from my house. Upwind & uphill thankfully. It's out now.

And it is freakin' April.

And a large fire has just started in the Fishlake National Forest south of here.

Fires in April. This is not good.

dando
04-14-15, 06:50 PM
I'm not a fan of 30 mph winds & brush fires 1/4 mile from my house. Upwind & uphill thankfully. It's out now.

And it is freakin' April.

And a large fire has just started in the Fishlake National Forest south of here.

Fires in April. This is not good.

Could be worse. Oh wait....

http://www.weather.com/news/news/blowing-dust-high-winds-nevada-utah

:( Meanwhile we're mushy.:saywhat:

cameraman
04-14-15, 08:26 PM
Yeah that was an interesting cold front. It was 70° at 2 PM and 30° at 6 PM. I didn't wear a coat this morning and there's a blizzard going on at the moment. Need to remember to look at the damned weather report:rolleyes:

cameraman
04-14-15, 09:24 PM
And I left the south-facing skylights open so the house is now full of southern Utah dust:flaming:

SteveH
04-15-15, 08:58 AM
And I left the south-facing skylights open so the house is now full of southern Utah dust:flaming:

Saw news reports about a deadly pile up in UT due to the sandstorm. Same?

cameraman
04-15-15, 10:10 AM
Yup same dust.:shakehead:

And then it snowed. Quite a bit and it is still snowing. There is a little over a foot at my place but it is melting almost as fast as it is falling. This one storm, as of this morning, is over triple the total amount of snow we received in all of January and February and it really isn't anything special as storms go.

Sadly a very large number of trees had already leafed out and the snow piling up as the winds are near zero. Little pencil thin branches will have 3" of snow piled up on them. Wasatch powder or not that is a lot of weight.:saywhat:

cameraman
04-15-15, 01:12 PM
Still coming down. Ironic thing is several of the ski resorts, which are getting several feet out of this, shut down for the season last weekend due to lack of snow.:rolleyes:

G.
04-15-15, 02:10 PM
Time to make friends with some of the preppers out there.

Watch out for the locusts.

TravelGal
04-15-15, 08:04 PM
So that's where all the wind came from. Incredibly windy here last night and today.

KLang
04-17-15, 03:50 PM
The weather here in the Springs can be amusing at times.

Last Sunday was in the 70's, I mowed the grass and put down fertilizer.

Yesterday and last night we received what looked like about 4-6 inches of snow. This morning we had ThunderSnow. Snowing like hell but thunder and lighting booming around the mountains. Now in the afternoon, it's 45 degrees, the sun has been out since late morning, my driveway and the street are dry. Snow in the grass will be mostly melted by the end of the day. Just another day... :D

cameraman
04-17-15, 04:51 PM
That was the biggest storm of the entire season, it made up for just a little less than 1% of how far we are below normal for water so far this year:saywhat: