PDA

View Full Version : Dept. Of Energy Loses Power!

NismoZ
04-07-15, 01:41 PM
In DC...hard to make up something like that!:D Probably didn't pay their (our) bill!

cameraman
04-07-15, 01:48 PM
Along with a few thousand other customers in DC and Maryland.

SteveH
04-07-15, 02:21 PM
Widespread power outages sweep Washington, D.C. (http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politics/power-outage-washington-dc/index.html)

The power outage in the Washington area was caused by a small explosion at a power transfer line in southern Maryland, according to a U.S. official. CNN has been told that The Department of Homeland Security is closely monitoring the ongoing power outage.

G.
04-08-15, 08:31 AM
In DC...hard to make up something like that!:D Probably didn't pay their (our) bill!

Since they control all of our US nuclear reactors, I'd like to think that they have a say in when they go offline. If they are ignored, they also control our warheads...

:)

Tifosi24
04-08-15, 09:15 AM
Since they control all of our US nuclear reactors, I'd like to think that they have a say in when they go offline. If they are ignored, they also control our warheads...

:)

If they means the government in general, than yes, but the DOE and Nuclear Regulatory Commission are separate agencies. From my personal experience, the DOE not being able to get things done is not necessarily a bad thing.

NismoZ
04-08-15, 01:57 PM
THAT was my point.:thumbup: