PDA

View Full Version : Bergdahl, Bo, Sgt.

NismoZ
03-25-15, 02:42 PM
How long has it been?...hearing he WILL be charged with desertion. Wonder if the court martial will be on live TV? "Misbehavior before the enemy." Ya think!? I rushed to judgement a long time ago. We'll see. Let the politics begin...or continue?

indyfan31
03-26-15, 06:34 PM
I can only assume there WILL be politics, especially after POTUS stuck his foot in his mouth with the dog and pony show of last year. I'm really surprised the military decided to charge him after the White House practically called him a hero. There's going to be a lot pressure to NOT put him in jail.

opinionated ow
03-26-15, 10:36 PM
Is that the guy they swapped the Taliban people for and the president gave him a hug in the rose garden?

nrc
03-27-15, 02:05 AM
Talking about Bergdahl and his court martial is fine. Please leave Presidential politics out of it.

gjc2
03-27-15, 06:24 AM
Is that the guy they swapped the Taliban people for and the president gave him a hug in the rose garden?

I believe that event was with Bergdahl’s parents.

Insomniac
03-29-15, 02:52 PM
Seems a fair resolution is he is convicted, and time served being tortured is punishment enough.

trauma1
03-29-15, 04:55 PM
I'm surprised they decided to court martial him. Remember this he 1st joined the Coast Guard and lied to get a discharge. saying he lied to get in. Then joins the Army and say's he lied to get out of the Coast Guard. Goes UA, comes back thendesertion. Army recruiting will have to answer for giving him a waiver, however he willing lied repeatedly. Yes he dies deserve to be court martialed. His oath meant nothing to him. I got out in 93 then worked at RTC Great lakes. Heard every story from recruits manipulating the system, watch company commanders get thrown under the bus after recruits would lie about mis treatment and claiming they lied to get in. Total BS. The recruits and their mom's and dad's run the training now. No he needs to pay for his decisions.

nrc
03-30-15, 04:48 AM
There's no question to me that he should be court marshaled with a dishonorable discharge. How much time he should do beyond "time served" depends on the "misbehavior before the enemy" charge.

KLang
03-30-15, 09:22 AM
Up to half a dozen guys died trying to find his deserter ass. There needs to be a penalty for that. Way beyond time served IMO.

indyfan31
03-30-15, 09:37 AM
Up to half a dozen guys died trying to find his deserter ass. There needs to be a penalty for that. Way beyond time served IMO.

I would have to second that. Bother Desertion and Misbehavior Before the Enemy still carry a death sentence. Although execution is unlikely, life in prison should be a possibility.