PDA

View Full Version : German GP is now officially dead

cameraman
03-20-15, 12:15 PM
Yeah, the new owners of the Nurburgring told Bernie to take his Eur15,000,000 race fee and stuff it.

:shakehead:

TravelGal
03-20-15, 03:55 PM
Yeah, the new owners of the Nurburgring told Bernie to take his Eur15,000,000 race fee and stuff it.

:shakehead:

:thumbup: to them. Sorry it's not gonna happen but glad somebody straightened their spine.

stroker
03-20-15, 10:39 PM
If only CART was around to pick up the date...

opinionated ow
03-21-15, 04:34 AM
At this rate Formula One will be dead by the end of the decade. Not racing in the traditional homelands of your sport is criminally insane. That would be like having Swimming, Cycling, Athletics World Championships in the Middle East...oh hang on.

In all honesty it will kill F1. If the Europeans stop watching who is going to? Most Australians can now only watch 9 of 19 races. The interest level in the USA isn't that high or there would be 3 or 4 US GP given the size of the population. Japan has loyal fans and Brazil too. Apart from that nobody cares

Tifosi24
03-21-15, 03:06 PM
At this rate Formula One will be dead by the end of the decade. Not racing in the traditional homelands of your sport is criminally insane. That would be like having Swimming, Cycling, Athletics World Championships in the Middle East...oh hang on.

In all honesty it will kill F1. If the Europeans stop watching who is going to? Most Australians can now only watch 9 of 19 races. The interest level in the USA isn't that high or there would be 3 or 4 US GP given the size of the population. Japan has loyal fans and Brazil too. Apart from that nobody cares

I would have said this was hyperbole a few years ago, but I think there is some truth to it. The new venues are almost universally terrible and the current grid health is questionable at best. Renault is thinking about getting in as a factory team, but Manor isn't going to be around and if the Renault engine can't make any moves I think the threats from Red Bull to quit the sport, at least as a full team, are real. The current sporting regulations are not sustainable and they need to make some changes, and they need to get back to the bread and butter tracks.