PDA

View Full Version : REALLY...FOUR in a row!?

NismoZ
03-16-15, 08:42 AM
How difficult was THAT!? Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert finished 1-2 in all four Aussie V-8 races during the Australian F-1 weekend. Geez, talk about making a statement! Hope that doesn't mean it's going to be a boring season. Big troubles with rolling starts, bent cars all over the place....maybe that ought to be a change for next year? Horrible start to the Marcos Ambrose return...I think his finishes were something like 23rd, 18th, 22nd and ZERO. Wreck. Yikes. And this circus races again in FOUR days? Good luck. Glad to see races 1-2-3 up on Youtube within 22 hours, what about race 4?? And Ford is DONE at the end of the season? Tough times.

opinionated ow
03-16-15, 09:39 AM
How difficult was THAT!? Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert finished 1-2 in all four Aussie V-8 races during the Australian F-1 weekend. Geez, talk about making a statement! Hope that doesn't mean it's going to be a boring season. Big troubles with rolling starts, bent cars all over the place....maybe that ought to be a change for next year? Horrible start to the Marcos Ambrose return...I think his finishes were something like 23rd, 18th, 22nd and ZERO. Wreck. Yikes. And this circus races again in FOUR days? Good luck. Glad to see races 1-2-3 up on Youtube within 22 hours, what about race 4?? And Ford is DONE at the end of the season? Tough times.

The racing was s***. Ambrose used an old car for the AGP. It's worth no points so nobody really cares, many teams just use it as a test session. Nobody knows why the hell they've gone for rolling starts at the AGP.

NismoZ
03-16-15, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of the "no-points, test session", restricted race length, etc." but still have to believe The Pepsi/MAX Crew had a better "test" than DJR/Penske!:) I like the Chaz Mostert story, though. I understand his arrival on the scene is causing quite a scramble among team owners? With good reason, I'd say!:thumbup:

NismoZ
03-17-15, 10:08 AM
Whoa!....worse than I thought. Ambrose has "taken himself out of the car" beginning with the next race (being advertised as his "homecoming" in Tasmania?) For the good of the team...more time needed to become familiar with the new car, etc. An unselfish decision according to Cindric, a show of real team leadership. Replaced by Scott Pye for now. Sorry to hear that news but I imagine nobody knows better than Marcos if he's ready or not. Tough series!

opinionated ow
03-18-15, 01:48 AM
Whoa!....worse than I thought. Ambrose has "taken himself out of the car" beginning with the next race (being advertised as his "homecoming" in Tasmania?) For the good of the team...more time needed to become familiar with the new car, etc. An unselfish decision according to Cindric, a show of real team leadership. Replaced by Scott Pye for now. Sorry to hear that news but I imagine nobody knows better than Marcos if he's ready or not. Tough series!

When you're not allowed by the rules to test and get bugger all tyres in a season you'll never gt up to speed. The only chance he had of being competitive next year was to get a whole season of racing under his belt. I have no idea where this leaves them

NismoZ
03-18-15, 10:09 AM
Pretty bleak assessment...I think you are right to place blame on the whole culture of the business rather than DJ, RP OR Marcos...Penske is USED to overcoming obstacles and nearly always overcomes them... but I doubt he has the time or patience to fight this one out. He cites his close connection with Ford and the truck business in Australia as THE reason he's there in the first place!... but with Ford QUITTING (support of) Supercars (AND the building of cars in Australia?)...one wonders if Penske will stick around to "fix" things or make business decisions to cut losses...if there ARE any. Most agree this is in no way caused by a veteran driving champion "who suddenly forgot how to drive a racecar!" (Mark Skaife) The series SHOULD do what it can to help keep the team going. (...of course if Scott Pye WINS next weekend...:eek:)