PDA

View Full Version : Sebring 12 hr

NismoZ
02-26-15, 09:39 AM
Coming soon...and I have a question. Somewhere on a race site I saw a diagram of the track and it looked...different. Yes? Looks like a kink and an S curve prior to the final corner, leading to the S/F line. If true, my guess is they are trying to slow cars over that very ROUGH and FAST final corner? If that's the plan I hope they don't just use cones! A nice, smooth resurfacing of that section of track is way overdue. EDIT, Sorry...I was disoriented, looking at the wrong corner, the layout was changed long ago...Just took a ride on YouTube with Cameron Lawrence in last year's Trans Am race...still a rough ride, though!

cameraman
03-04-15, 02:10 PM
Seems Justin Wilson will be in this P2

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_RXi8dU0AA4hCC.jpg

cameraman
03-20-15, 07:22 PM
TV schedule

all times eastern

10:30 AM - 12:30 PM FOX Sports 1
12:30 PM - 07:00 PM FOX Sports 2
07:00 PM - 10:00 PM streaming IMSA.COM
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM FOX Sports 2

nissan gtp
03-20-15, 07:29 PM
TV schedule

all times eastern

10:30 AM - 12:30 PM FOX Sports 1
12:30 PM - 07:00 PM FOX Sports 2
07:00 PM - 10:00 PM streaming IMSA.COM
10:00 PM - 11:00 PM FOX Sports 2

thanks, saved me from looking it up on the crappy Tutor site

rosawendel
03-20-15, 08:35 PM
All I know is I should be having a ribeye at Yanni's right now... Sigh.

TedN
03-21-15, 10:47 AM
The IMSA site is streaming the race now.

Gopeddle
03-21-15, 01:05 PM
I'm watching it on FS2 and I find it interesting that I can't wait for the commercials so I can get a break from the non-stop babble by the announcers.

jimclark
03-21-15, 09:20 PM
thanks, saved me from looking it up on the crappy Tutor site

Stick this in your library.

http://www.tvracer.com/

Gnam
03-22-15, 01:56 AM
I'm watching it on FS2 and I find it interesting that I can't wait for the commercials so I can get a break from the non-stop babble by the announcers.
:laugh: I enjoyed their guests, especially Brian Redman, but nothing beats the engines at full song.

NismoZ
03-22-15, 10:23 AM
Nice! Thanks for the FS1 2hr. recap on Sun. morning...I TRIED to go the distance, couldn't quite make it! Pretty pleased with the finishes but LOTS of problems AND good fortune...emotions +&- for teams. That's endurance racing! So happy for Andrew Davis, my ol' driver coach down at Barber. He won the CTSCC race for Stevenson Motorsports and Camaro. Then, not the fastest but Jan, Briscoe and Garcia win again for Corvette when BOTH leading Porsches have (very) late problems. That had to hurt! Not as much as losing in the last FIVE MINUTES, like the GTD #33 TI/Riley Viper, handing the win to Alex Job racing...for the TENTH time at Sebring! That was a BRUTAL disappointment...for Viper. I was surprised to learn this was Chevrolet's first overall win in FIFTY years at Sebring! (Fitting that Jim Hall's Chaparral Mkll was there for the celabration!... and, DAMN, that was another win I remember well!:rolleyes:) not really complaining, though.:)) Bourdais STILL looks like a little kid to me, even happy to see Fittapaldi again a winner. Chevy must be very pleased with the weekend! See you at RA!

Gopeddle
03-22-15, 04:05 PM
Looks like they've completely succeeded in assuring that the DP's won't be shown up by the ALMS P2's. I guess I never really thought they'd make them equal, but I had hoped take the high road and not hamstring them so badly. Should have known better.

chop456
03-23-15, 01:50 AM
Used to go every year. Now I watch maybe an hour on TV, if the hour I have available isn't one that's being broadcast on The Ocho.

The DPs still look like an approximation of a race car. I'm still not interested. WEC, baby.

NismoZ
03-23-15, 12:14 PM
Yeah? I understand you were lucky if you could REMEMBER more than an hour of the race when you went there!:p PS...my cousin found Augie's Scarab down at the Collier Museum in Naples...now THAT is BETTER than an approximation of what a sports car should look like! ;) Hell, the French changed the "world" regs in '58 so no trashy American "hot rods" could come over and pound them! Poor babies. Do you know if Augie's museum piece was sold or is it on loan? He did NOT check with me first! Hate to think I won't see or HEAR that thing again at RA!:(