PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason '15

Pages : 1 [2] 3

dando
04-30-15, 09:49 PM
No fireworks. Maybe Dalton gets traded for Cutler later. :gomer: ;)

chop456
05-01-15, 04:12 AM
^ I'm not interested in a lateral move.

The Bears' first round pick has failed to anger me for the third year running. That's a record.

dando
05-01-15, 08:54 AM
^ I'm not interested in a lateral move.

The Bears' first round pick has failed to anger me for the third year running. That's a record.

Step-dad is a Bears fan. As I told him last night, they drafted White, but too bad they don't have anyone to throw the ball to him. :gomer:

Only other 'surprise' was that the Clowns appeared to do well, but yet again did not draft a WR. Just. Plain. Silly. Not being a homer, but tOSU's Devon Smith was worthy of first round consideration. He'll go early tonight. Bengals did the right thing. They need to secure the OL with age and ending contracts. They have Whit and Smith due after this season, and Whit is 34 and has had injury issues the past few seasons. I love Whit for his leadership and play (when healthy), but he only has a few effective seasons left in the tank. Smith is a curious case. On paper his size, etc. are perfect. He's had injury issues right after he was drafted, he was over weight, and his work ethic was questionable. He finally got hit with a clue stick the past two seasons, but injuries impaired him yet again. Not a fan. nrc may feel otherwise. He's the resident Who Dey homer. :gomer: ;) :D

Andrew Longman
05-01-15, 09:23 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/30/mariota-to-eagles-keeps-gaining-steam/I've been in/around Philly for the last several months and this was all the talk. All sorts of angst this morning that it didn't happen. Have to say I never saw it happening. My guess was it would take the 2015 #20' one and probably two additional #1s and perhaps a #2 to get him. Even adding Bradford to the mix doesn't IMO make the deal that much more attractive. An injury prone QB vs. an untested rookie is a wash. And everyone knew that the Eagles desire for Martiola was so strong that they couldn't really dictate any terms.

Eagles should however be really happy with there pick.

WickerBill
05-01-15, 09:28 AM
The team from Colorado picked the guy who was busted for pot possession earlier this week.

Could be a steal (was considered a top 10 pick before the arrest), could be a nightmare.

The most interesting stat I heard last night was that Tampa has never offered a second contract to any of their rookie QBs in the history of the franchise. Not sure crablegs is going to break that trend.

dando
05-01-15, 10:14 AM
The team from Colorado picked the guy who was busted for pot possession earlier this week.

Could be a steal (was considered a top 10 pick before the arrest), could be a nightmare.

The most interesting stat I heard last night was that Tampa has never offered a second contract to any of their rookie QBs in the history of the franchise. Not sure crablegs is going to break that trend.

Asshat was reported to be celebrating with crab legs last night after being picked #1. Pics have since been removed from Twitter, Instagram, etc. Some idiots will never learn. Definition of insanity... Moron.

Drafting a toker by Denver? :saywhat: There be pot EVERYWHERE there. Shades of Bengals past drafts.... :irked:

dando
05-01-15, 10:17 AM
I've been in/around Philly for the last several months and this was all the talk. All sorts of angst this morning that it didn't happen. Have to say I never saw it happening. My guess was it would take the 2015 #20' one and probably two additional #1s and perhaps a #2 to get him. Even adding Bradford to the mix doesn't IMO make the deal that much more attractive. An injury prone QB vs. an untested rookie is a wash. And everyone knew that the Eagles desire for Martiola was so strong that they couldn't really dictate any terms.

Eagles should however be really happy with there pick.

I doubted the reports, but Kelly has proved to be a bit wacky, so you never really knew what he would do. No worries. With Bradford at QB, the Iggles will contest for the top pick in next year's draft to select Cardale Jones. ;)

nrc
05-01-15, 02:36 PM
Step-dad is a Bears fan. As I told him last night, they drafted White, but too bad they don't have anyone to throw the ball to him. :gomer:

Only other 'surprise' was that the Clowns appeared to do well, but yet again did not draft a WR. Just. Plain. Silly. Not being a homer, but tOSU's Devon Smith was worthy of first round consideration.

I don't think so. But it sounds like Agholor was a reach and as long as people are reaching for receivers... Smith is good but he needs a complementary threat to keep safeties off him.

Bengals did the right thing. They need to secure the OL with age and ending contracts. They have Whit and Smith due after this season, and Whit is 34 and has had injury issues the past few seasons. I love Whit for his leadership and play (when healthy), but he only has a few effective seasons left in the tank. Smith is a curious case. On paper his size, etc. are perfect. He's had injury issues right after he was drafted, he was over weight, and his work ethic was questionable. He finally got hit with a clue stick the past two seasons, but injuries impaired him yet again. Not a fan. nrc may feel otherwise. He's the resident Who Dey homer. :gomer: ;) :D

Not sure what's to disagree with. I like the pick. Smith can dominate when he's healthy but I don't think you break the bank for a guy that can't stay on the field. I hope that Whitworth can keep playing at a high level but it's great to have insurance.

dando
05-01-15, 03:03 PM
Smith is problematic, no doubt. Period. Like I stated Whit is a leader for the team. Worth the $$$. Future coach material. In any case, safe pick for what was a probable top-ten pick without the injury. Alexander loves him, and he is an uber OL coach (like Dick LeBeau as a DC). I wish we could get Anthony Collins back for the 'wasted' pick on Andre. :irked:

re: Devin Smith...he's listed #3 on McShay's list of remaining players. He'll be long gone before the Browns pick. They have many holes to fill, but WR is a HUGE problem. Yes, they need more than Smith, but it's a start and a better option than the guy from ASU with a bad history or violence, etc. Not being a hater, just objective. But hey, they got the uniform issues fixed. :gomer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw8dHTRHBTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klldL6ODZ3o

dando
05-01-15, 09:03 PM
Could not believe my eyes. nrc made the pick for the Who Deys in the second round....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9oVth5rJbg

;)

Safe pick at OT. Oddly, the Clowns selected an OLB. I'm guessing a PK is the 3rd round pick so they can win 3-2. :gomer:

Great to see Spiels represent the Lions for their selection. :thumbup: :thumbup:

dando
05-01-15, 09:27 PM
Bruce Hooley ‏@BHOOLZ 38m38 minutes ago Ohio, USA
LOL RT@PatMcManamon Ray Farmer on WRs: “I thought they more than held their own last year. We bolstered that group in free agency.” #Browns

Note to Browns fan, this is a WR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGSsK_WEAkw

:D

And I just found my ass with both hands. Greatness. :gomer:

dando
05-01-15, 10:31 PM
Round 3....Clowns select a RB. Do they even know what a WR is? :gomer:

Insomniac
05-02-15, 10:47 AM
Has this draft seemed underwhelming in both the lead up and actual draft, or is it just me?

dando
05-02-15, 11:50 AM
Has this draft seemed underwhelming in both the lead up and actual draft, or is it just me?

Nope, just you. :gomer: Yes, the talking heads have been totally off predicting this draft, trades, etc. It's been TOTALLY average thus far. Except for the Clowns not drafting a WR. :tony:

nrc
05-02-15, 12:35 PM
Could not believe my eyes. nrc made the pick for the Who Deys in the second round....

Whoo!
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000490056/Ickey-s-draft-shuffle?campaign=twitter_Video_Icky

I'm a little surprised at two consecutive OT picks but the Bengals have stuck to their guns with a "best available" strategy. Fisher didn't embarrass himself too much during the championship game.

The tight end pick seems obvious. As long as the guy can block and hold onto the ball when it's thrown right to him it should be an upgrade from Gresham.

Paul Dawson could be another steal at linebacker. The Bengals might finally be past having linebacker as a week spot.

nrc
05-02-15, 12:39 PM
I don't think it's a surprise that this has been a ho-hum draft. It's been said that outside of the top dozen or so there are just a lot of pretty good players.

Insomniac
05-02-15, 01:54 PM
Nope, just you. :gomer: Yes, the talking heads have been totally off predicting this draft, trades, etc. It's been TOTALLY average thus far. Except for the Clowns not drafting a WR. :tony:

Then it's a Super Bowl Hangover. :P

dando
05-02-15, 02:26 PM
Whoo!
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000490056/Ickey-s-draft-shuffle?campaign=twitter_Video_Icky

I'm a little surprised at two consecutive OT picks but the Bengals have stuck to their guns with a "best available" strategy. Fisher didn't embarrass himself too much during the championship game.

The tight end pick seems obvious. As long as the guy can block and hold onto the ball when it's thrown right to him it should be an upgrade from Gresham.

Paul Dawson could be another steal at linebacker. The Bengals might finally be past having linebacker as a week spot.

The Ickster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nrv85zgPI

:gomer:

The Nags picked my TE hopeful (Huey). Tired of Gresh's gator arms. He was picked ahead of Gronk? :saywhat: Michael Bennett not being picked yet?!? Huge miss. Who Deys going large on OL. Shaw? :eek: Can we get a QB? :gomer:

EDIT: the Clowns actually drafted a WR! Coldcuts! :gomer:

dando
05-03-15, 12:29 PM
Jags got an steal absolute wuth Bennett in the 6th round. :eek: :saywhat: :irked:

dando
05-05-15, 11:26 AM
Nice job, Cleveland. :shakehead:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nflpa-legal-dept-issues-memo-to-agents-about-city-of-cleveland-jock-tax/

Gnam
05-05-15, 01:47 PM
Nice job, Cleveland. :shakehead:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nflpa-legal-dept-issues-memo-to-agents-about-city-of-cleveland-jock-tax/
If all the NFL players travelled to Cleveland to riot and burn down City Hall, how much tax money would they owe?

Could they call it a working vacation? ;)

dando
05-05-15, 03:42 PM
If all the NFL players travelled to Cleveland to riot and burn down City Hall, how much tax money would they owe?

Could they call it a working vacation? ;)

Dude. Rivers burn in Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izc9t_Hhc88

:gomer: :saywhat:

dando
05-08-15, 12:16 PM
Bill Rabinowitz ‏@brdispatch 25m25 minutes ago
Former #OSU QB Terrelle Pryor, released by the KC Chiefs earlier this week, will have a tryout this weekend at the #Bengals minicamp.

dando
05-10-15, 08:02 PM
TPeezy siged the Bengals. :saywhat: Reunited with Hue Jackson. Gots to be his last chance.

Insomniac
05-10-15, 08:26 PM
Two rookies with torn ACLs already.

Jaguars 1st Rd DE (#3 overall) Dante Fowler Jr. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12848612/dante-fowler-jr-jacksonville-jaguars-tears-acl-first-day-rookie-minicamp) and Broncos 3rd Rd TE Jeff Heureman (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12856994/jeff-heuerman-denver-broncos-rookie-tight-end-tears-left-acl-special-teams-practice).

dando
05-10-15, 10:21 PM
Two rookies with torn ACLs already.

Jaguars 1st Rd DE (#3 overall) Dante Fowler Jr. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12848612/dante-fowler-jr-jacksonville-jaguars-tears-acl-first-day-rookie-minicamp) and Broncos 3rd Rd TE Jeff Heureman (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12856994/jeff-heuerman-denver-broncos-rookie-tight-end-tears-left-acl-special-teams-practice).

It's called the Ki Jana Carter Syndrome. :( Huey is a good kid and could develop into something special @ TE in the NFL. He apparently played the end of last season with an injury (foot, IIRC) that Urban Meyer basically said it took balls to play through. Oh, and on Meyer, he had an emergency appendectomy last Wed. He was slated to throw out the first pitch at NYY Stadium Friday night (special tOSU night). What did he do? He tossed one a bit outside. Dude is a cool as the side of the pillow. </Stu Scott> Meyer's also a big NYY fan and wanted to honor his commitment, and show respect for the Steinbrenner's support for tOSU. Steinbrenner funded the building of a facility for TBDBITL, and has suites dedicated to him in The Shoe. He donated million$ to tOSU over the years. Respect.

Sorry, WB, but Huey will be back better than ever next season. I had hoped he would slip to the Bengals to replace gator arms and hands of stone Gresham.

WickerBill
05-11-15, 06:21 AM
Hope he likes catching passes from a decrepit old man and/or Brock Osweiler.

dando
06-03-15, 11:03 AM
I could give a rat's about watching this game, but this silly. I also wonder why the networks (CBS) are allowing this to happen?

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING: NFL awards Yahoo world rights to Buff-Jax game Oct. 25. Game on local TV in Buf/Jax markets. No other TV. Just Yahoo platforms.

:saywhat:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/06/03/yahoo-nfl-internet-broadcast-mailbag/

cameraman
06-03-15, 11:20 AM
I know some bars that won't be happy. They have TV's not displays. But that's the way of the future.

dando
06-03-15, 12:48 PM
I know some bars that won't be happy. They have TV's not displays. But that's the way of the future.

Yup. My Vizio LED set has WiFi and apps for Netflix and Prime, but not a browser. I could Chromecast from a device, but the tech is still beta. Watching games on a tablet or smartphone is highly overrated. I know this is the future, but the tech simply isn't ready for the masses. I'm just surprised the networks bought into this considering the billion$ they have invested into the NFL. I certainly won't bothering with this game at 9:30 am EDT. :saywhat: This is not going to 'move the needle' as Peter King suggested. :shakehead:

Dvdb
06-03-15, 02:33 PM
meh, it's Buffalo and Jacksonville.

Only interest I have in that matchup is for OffCamber Pro Football Challenge, brought to you by Poolhost. ;)

dando
06-03-15, 03:30 PM
meh, it's Buffalo and Jacksonville.

Only interest I have in that matchup is for OffCamber Pro Football Challenge, brought to you by Poolhost. ;)

As I stated, I could care less about that game. The NFL is obviously using a bad match up as a guinea pig. The problem is that the strategy is flawed for the tech for the masses at this time. :shakehead: :\

TKGAngel
06-03-15, 04:56 PM
As I stated, I could care less about that game. The NFL is obviously using a bad match up as a guinea pig. The problem is that the strategy is flawed for the tech for the masses at this time. :shakehead: :\

We knew that Buf/Jax was going to be local market only about a month ago. The streaming thing was a rumor at that point. Its definitely going to be something to keep an eye on in the future.

WickerBill
06-03-15, 05:16 PM
So really, this only impacts NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers. Those of us who pay to see every game.

dando
06-03-15, 06:36 PM
So really, this only impacts NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers. Those of us who pay to see every game.

That's not my interpretation. The way I read it, this is a test for distribution of games via the Web-only. Go back and re-read MMQB.SI.COM.

Today, a half-century later, the NFL will announce a deal with an internet company that, on the surface, won’t be as breathtaking but could have more impact: For one of the least-starry of the 256 regular-season games this season—the Oct. 25 game in London between Buffalo and Jacksonville—Yahoo has outbid the competition to become the first internet company to take an NFL game off over-the-air or cable TV and send it around the globe on the web. The amount Yahoo paid was not disclosed [update: Brian Stelter of CNN reports the deal is for “eight figures,” or at least $10 million], but one significant financial aspect is known: It will cost Internet users zero dollars to stream the game.

This is just a test, but if the NFL does take games off OTA and cable in the future only, and stream them only, as the technology stands today users will need a Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, Google Streaming Box, Apple TV, or a Roku to view streaming content on their TV. Presently, I am not aware of TVs with browers, but Google and Apple are working on TVs. I doubt they will mess with Sunday Ticket users, but who knows. IMO, they will be looking closely to see how many eyeballs the game attracts. The other fly in the ointment here, are 'home' markets? It's a crap shoot in Cbus whether we get the Bengals, Browns or Steelers games. The MLB, in its infinite wisdom, considers Pittsburgh to be a home market and blacks out Pirates games in Cbus on their MLB package (as well as Cleveland and Cincy). Pittsburgh is 3 hours away. Hardly a 'home' market. :saywhat:

And going back to camerman's comment about the impact on bars, most of them have NFL Sunday Ticket, but smaller watering holes may not. As it stands today NFLST gets all games (except this game, which apparently the same case last season for the London game). I've always wondered what the NFLST costs chains like BWs, or the local watering hole nearby.

cameraman
06-03-15, 07:14 PM
The MLB, in its infinite wisdom, considers Pittsburgh to be a home market and blacks out Pirates games in Cbus on their MLB package (as well as Cleveland and Cincy). Pittsburgh is 3 hours away. Hardly a 'home' market. :saywhat:

That's nothing, Salt Lake City is in the Diamondbacks home market and Phoenix is only 700 miles away:roll eyes:

Not that I care about Diamondbacks games, just sayin' :shakehead:

Insomniac
06-05-15, 09:45 AM

Technically no. The 9 AM game last season on FOX wasn't on NFLST. So they basically took that game off OTA nationally and put it on Yahoo! internationally. I wonder if it's part of a slightly different long term plan for a team in London. All of their games that early, all available online. As a way to build a global following for a team.

WickerBill
06-05-15, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't it just be smarter to have all/most of the London games be evening affairs? Start them at 6pm BST/GMT and they line up perfectly with the early Sunday games. Is the problem the supposed "schoolchildren" issue? C'mon, the game is over by 9:30pm.

SteveH
06-05-15, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't it just be smarter to have all/most of the London games be evening affairs? Start them at 6pm BST/GMT and they line up perfectly with the early Sunday games. Is the problem the supposed "schoolchildren" issue? C'mon, the game is over by 9:30pm.

Answer (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462049/article/nfl-games-in-london-to-start-at-930-am-et-in-2015)

I went to the Chicago/Tampa Game at Wembley in 2011. The start time was 1 pm ET. Considering that most of the fans take public transportation (primarily the tube) it meant a very late arrival back home/hotel after the game. No one left early, the crowd waited patiently for the trains to arrive. But the crowd waiting was huge.

cameraman
06-05-15, 11:46 AM
Yeah your average Home Depot has more parking than Wembley Stadium.

Don Quixote
07-01-15, 09:44 AM

dando
07-02-15, 05:36 PM
Gates, Jets' Richardson suspended 4 games for PEDs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13189377/antonio-gates-san-diego-chargers-suspended-4-games-positive-ped-test

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13188320/sheldon-richardson-new-york-jets-suspended-four-games-nfl

Insomniac
07-09-15, 04:52 PM

Still time to beat legalized marijuana. :D

Gnam
08-07-15, 05:12 PM
Worser and worser. :shakehead:

Yesterday, 49ers' LB Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI and hit & run. It was his 5th arrest in 4 years.
Today, the 49ers released him.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-release-aldon-smith

dando
08-07-15, 07:52 PM
Worser and worser. :shakehead:

Yesterday, 49ers' LB Aldon Smith was arrested for DUI and hit & run. It was his 5th arrest in 4 years.
Today, the 49ers released him.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-release-aldon-smith

Not only that, they had a contest for 20K fans to watch a scrimmage at Levi Field, but had to cancel it because the field sucked. And they PLAN to replace it 6 or 7 times this season? :eek: :shakehead:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13391727/san-francisco-49ers-cancel-public-levi-stadium-practice-due-poor-grass-conditions

And this is where Super Bowl 50 will be held? :saywhat: :irked: :mad:

dando
08-08-15, 12:19 PM
Terelle Pryor is an idiot. Dude gets released by the Bengals and posts videos of him in action tossing the ball in practice, which is is taboo. Clowns pick him up as a WR prospect. He he needs to learn the phrase 'Want fries with that?'.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13130956/terrelle-pryor-upsets-cincinnati-bengals-posting-minicamp-practice-videos-twitter

nrc
08-08-15, 03:07 PM
Not only that, they had a contest for 20K fans to watch a scrimmage at Levi Field, but had to cancel it because the field sucked. And they PLAN to replace it 6 or 7 times this season? :eek: :shakehead:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13391727/san-francisco-49ers-cancel-public-levi-stadium-practice-due-poor-grass-conditions

And this is where Super Bowl 50 will be held? :saywhat: :irked: :mad:

Stupidity. If you want a multi-use facility you just need to use field turf.

dando
08-09-15, 07:02 PM
Kudos Sydney Seau. :thumbup:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/09/sports/football/junior-seau-hall-of-fame-sydney-seau-speech.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXplhmvKQTA

dando
08-11-15, 10:47 PM
Deadspin's review of the '15 Clowns. NSFW (language).

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-cleveland-browns-1723346122

TKGAngel
08-12-15, 08:22 AM
How bout them Jets?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw

chop456
08-12-15, 08:32 AM
Exactly one month after his no-show at the camp? I really, really hope this was "You'll pay me my money in 30 days or I'll break your jaw." :laugh:

dando
08-12-15, 12:10 PM
How bout them Jets?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13416881/geno-smith-new-york-jets-6-10-weeks-broken-jaw

Mike & Mike was fun this AM since Greeny is a bleeding heart J-E-T-S fan. The Jets, 9ers and Clowns will vie for joke status in the NFL this season, IMO.

dando
08-12-15, 09:41 PM
Unreal. :shakehead: Enjoy, TKG. Maybe he'll take out Rex. :gomer:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13425499/buffalo-bills-claim-former-ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-released-punched-geno-smith

TKGAngel
08-13-15, 08:28 AM
Unreal. :shakehead: Enjoy, TKG. Maybe he'll take out Rex. :gomer:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13425499/buffalo-bills-claim-former-ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-released-punched-geno-smith

As if there weren't enough hot takes on local sports radio this week, now we have this to add to the pile. I'd love to know how Rex convinced the Pegulas to hire this guy.

dando
08-13-15, 09:51 AM
As if there weren't enough hot takes on local sports radio this week, now we have this to add to the pile. I'd love to know how Rex convinced the Pegulas to hire this guy.

Well the Pegulas bought the Bills in the first place, so they obviously aren't the sharpest in the drawer to begin with. :gomer: ;)

Insomniac
08-13-15, 12:19 PM
Well the Pegulas bought the Bills in the first place, so they obviously aren't the sharpest in the drawer to begin with. :gomer: ;)

I'd buy a business that just by owning it netted me $226.4M in revenue from shared sources. :D How hard would you have to work to lose money?

dando
08-13-15, 04:00 PM
More on the IK signing:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/13/ik-enemkpali-new-york-jets-geno-smith-punch-buffalo-bills-coaches-nfl

dando
08-13-15, 06:29 PM
Brady sketch artist: "**** you" (basically).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-brady-sketch-artist-claims-cyber-bullied-article-1.2324502

chop456
08-14-15, 02:25 AM
:D

Jets QB Geno Smith got what he deserved, according to some eyewitnesses.
Geno Smith might not be an innocent victim after all.

Although Todd Bowles made it clear that he doesn’t think his starting quarterback should have been punched by teammate IK Enemkpali, eyewitness accounts disagree.

Smith “was up in (Enemkpali’s) face and pointed/touched his face,” according to a source.

“Geno deserved it,” another source said.

It’s unknown how many people witnessed the altercation between Smith and Enemkpali, which began with a dispute over $600, but it’s clear not everyone subscribes to Bowles’ belief that the punch that broke Smith’s jaw was unwarranted. The quarterback is expected to miss 6 to 10 weeks with the injury.

It’s unclear how matters escalated, but Smith’s finger-pointing in his teammate’s face was grounds for a punch, according to some.

“That’ll get a man hit every time, especially one that hasn’t earned respect,” a source said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/geno-smug-confrontation-ex-nfl-s-ryan-clark-article-1.2323438

nrc
08-14-15, 11:24 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-brady-sketch-artist-claims-cyber-bullied-article-1.2324502

This just in: people on the Internet are mean. Artist's sketch at eleven.

Insomniac
08-14-15, 12:34 PM

I saw all these articles about it and I was just baffled. I seriously stared at it to see what was wrong and all I came up with is maybe it looked like he had horns. Turns out people thought he didn't look pretty enough and were upset. :rolleyes:

dando
08-14-15, 01:44 PM
I saw all these articles about it and I was just baffled. I seriously stared at it to see what was wrong and all I came up with is maybe it looked like he had horns. Turns out people thought he didn't look pretty enough and were upset. :rolleyes:

Dude, it looks like ****. A very poor effort, IMO. This has gone MEGA viral.

Insomniac
08-14-15, 05:27 PM
Dude, it looks like ****. A very poor effort, IMO. This has gone MEGA viral.

It's a court sketch though.

dando
08-14-15, 06:40 PM
It's a court sketch though.

I've worked with enough graphics designers and artwork creators to know that sketch is very poorly done. She also apologized while telling Pats fans to go pound sand:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/sports/tom-brady-sketch-artist-panned-online-apologizes.html?_r=0

dando
08-25-15, 05:55 PM
Jeepers. The RGIII conspiracy...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2553631-nfl-head-coach-on-jay-gruden-leaving-rg3-in-game-it-looks-personal-to-me?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

dando
08-25-15, 05:56 PM
For Windmill Guy's enjoyment...

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-cincinnati-bengals-1725399813

WickerBill
08-25-15, 07:46 PM
Boy, Andy Dalton looked sharp. :runs:

Andrew Longman
08-25-15, 07:53 PM
OMG that is brutal. And brilliant. The Dalton highlight reel looked like 7 year olds playing Pop Warner and the parents are waiting for a complete pass. Any pass completion. I'm still trying to catch my breath. "Brown looks like an old testicle..." Sorry I can't finish it. :rofl:

nrc
08-26-15, 02:40 AM
I suppose we have the Giants to thank for making Dalton look like Joe Montana in one series last week.

dando
08-26-15, 01:44 PM
One series not a season make. In any case, nothing worked Monday night. Nothing. Period. The OL sucked, the D was mostly vanilla other than Geno chasing Winston endlessly. The running game was crap (see aforementioned OL), Dalton wasn't sharp, but he was under pressure every other snap...INT #1 was not on him, but INT #2 was clearly a bad decision and throw. They were just plain flat...it was like the Pats MNF game last season. :-\

nrc
08-26-15, 03:29 PM
One series not a season make. In any case, nothing worked Monday night. Nothing. Period. The OL sucked, the D was mostly vanilla other than Geno chasing Winston endlessly. The running game was crap (see aforementioned OL), Dalton wasn't sharp, but he was under pressure every other snap...INT #1 was not on him, but INT #2 was clearly a bad decision and throw. They were just plain flat...it was like the Pats MNF game last season. :-\

Right. It looked like Bengals thought it was a practice scrimmage and the Buccaneers thought it was opening day.

If Eric Winston ends up with significant playing time at tackle in any regular season game you can chalk that up as a loss. He was like a turnstile Monday night.

Green's lack of consistency is a bigger issue than most people will admit. It was obvious on the first interception but he also frequently gives up on routes and catches resulting in more interceptions than many realize. Then Bad Andy shows up to try and save the day.

Don Quixote
08-26-15, 04:08 PM
There are two Andys. Bad Andy, and Slightly Less Bad Andy.

dando
08-26-15, 04:21 PM

And still better than any QB the Clowns have put on the field since Sipe.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24569950/power-rankings-for-all-20-browns-starting-quarterbacks-since-1999

Pretty sad when Derek ****ing Anderson is considered the best of 20 (now 22) since 1999. :gomer:

Don Quixote
08-26-15, 04:48 PM
We are not talking about the Browns. We are talking about the Bengals, who many say have the most talent laden roster in the league.

BTW, is it too early for me to make my annual Browns to the Super Bowl prediction?

Don Quixote
08-26-15, 04:50 PM
Who would you rather have? Cutler or Dalton. Discuss.

nrc
08-26-15, 06:04 PM

Slightly Less Bad Andy has been to the play-offs every year of his NFL career. I'd rather keep banging on the door than jump into the quarterback musical chairs game that some seem to find so enticing.

Don Quixote
08-26-15, 06:37 PM
Slightly Less Bad Andy has been to the play-offs every year of his NFL career. I'd rather keep banging on the door than jump into the quarterback musical chairs game that some seem to find so enticing. Me too, but we aren't talking about that. :D

WickerBill
08-26-15, 09:52 PM
Cutler, with some semblance of an offensive line.

dando
08-26-15, 10:54 PM
Clowns already have their eyes set on turkey #23? :gomer: :laugh:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516307/article/browns-showing-interest-in-michigan-state-qb-connor-cook

Dalton's perspective...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000516612/article/andy-dalton-criticism-is-impossible-for-me-to-avoid

Truth time: Andy Dalton is a middle-of-the-road NFL quarterback. He is neither franchise quarterback nor a hopeless stiff. He exists in a purgatory between those two worlds. The pivot point of The Dalton Scale.

He doesn't deserve your scorn, he deserves your mercy.

That's about right. He's not Brady Quinn, but he's not Tony Romo either.

chop456
08-27-15, 02:00 AM

Cutler.

Why? What have you heard? :D

Andrew Longman
08-27-15, 09:27 AM

..INT #1 was not on him, but INT #2 was clearly a bad decision and throw. They were just plain flat...it was like the Pats MNF game last season. :-\

There's the problem. After the first pick he promptly chewed out his WR and then promptly (the next snap he got?) made a bone head pass for a pick. A championship QB does not show up his teammate. He knows and shows that the only barrier that matters to winning is the other team. He may be direct with teammates about their play but does not make it personal or public. And then he does what it takes to make up for any bad play (including his own or by the refs). That play is over. Do what is needed next.

Cutler isn't any better in this regard. I call it the Jeff George syndrome. I challenge anyone to name a championship winning QB who displayed even a hint this regard.

Andrew Longman
08-27-15, 09:37 AM
...That's about right. He's not Brady Quinn, but he's not Tony Romo either.

As a Giants fan I was pleased as punch when Romo got his huge long term contract. He's just good enough to keep his job but not good enough to ever win a championship. ;)

dando
08-27-15, 09:58 AM
There's the problem. After the first pick he promptly chewed out his WR and then promptly (the next snap he got?) made a bone head pass for a pick. A championship QB does not show up his teammate. He knows and shows that the only barrier that matters to winning is the other team. He may be direct with teammates about their play but does not make it personal or public. And then he does what it takes to make up for any bad play (including his own or by the refs). That play is over. Do what is needed next.

Cutler isn't any better in this regard. I call it the Jeff George syndrome. I challenge anyone to name a championship winning QB who displayed even a hint this regard.

#1 Next series, not next play.

#2 Brady and Ocho bumped heads several times (probably a good reason Ocho was only there one season despite a decent season with the Pats)

#3 Easy. Dilfer. But he also had the second best Super Bowl D (Bears '85 was the best ever, IMO) to fall back on. Brad Johnson (helped by Gannon's ineptness and #1 D in the NFL that season). And perhaps Doug Williams.

Don Quixote
08-27-15, 04:45 PM
I challenge anyone to name a championship winning QB who displayed even a hint this regard.
Bert Jones. :D

Napoleon
08-27-15, 04:57 PM

Wow, you must have cranked up the wayback machine to come up with that one.

nrc
08-29-15, 12:00 PM

Maybe you saw something I didn't but I didn't see anything that seemed out of line. Dalton is being encouraged to be a more vocal leader of the team. In his post game comments he held both himself and his team mates individually accountable where in the past he never deviated from the "we have to play better" mantra. I think that's a good thing.

dando
08-29-15, 08:02 PM
Sumbitch...must have put Bad Andy in the Witness Protection Program. 6/6 for 52 yards to 5 different receivers on the opening drive. Burkhead 2 catches for 30+ yards. I like him A LOT. :) However, Good Andy has a neck stinger and may not return. :\

Andrew Longman
08-30-15, 12:34 PM

Which championship did Jones win?

Andrew Longman
08-30-15, 12:43 PM
#1 Next series, not next play. Obviously. That would be the next play Dalton had a chance to touch the ball

#2 Brady and Ocho bumped heads several times (probably a good reason Ocho was only there one season despite a decent season with the Pats) You surely know any sparing Ocho did almost certainly was started by him. And Brady in his leadership shouldn't put up with it for the reasons I gave. They are playing guy in the other jerseys. Brady also has thousands of example of putting a bad play behind him and making up for it. And yes Ocho was gone.

#3 Easy. Dilfer. But he also had the second best Super Bowl D (Bears '85 was the best ever, IMO) to fall back on. Brad Johnson (helped by Gannon's ineptness and #1 D in the NFL that season). And perhaps Doug Williams.Your list is of mediocre QBs winning Super Bowls not hot head QBs who show up their teammates.

Andrew Longman
08-30-15, 12:51 PM
Maybe you saw something I didn't but I didn't see anything that seemed out of line. Dalton is being encouraged to be a more vocal leader of the team. In his post game comments he held both himself and his team mates individually accountable where in the past he never deviated from the "we have to play better" mantra. I think that's a good thing.Dalton was in the face of his receiver and visibly angry. That's different than being assertive and firm about what's urgently needed. It is a violent sport and doesn't have much place for kindness and calm reasoned argument but it doesn't need to be overly personal, humiliating or angry. Leave that for the coach. At least that's how the best QBs do it.

nrc
08-31-15, 01:53 AM
Dalton was in the face of his receiver and visibly angry. That's different than being assertive and firm about what's urgently needed. It is a violent sport and doesn't have much place for kindness and calm reasoned argument but it doesn't need to be overly personal, humiliating or angry. Leave that for the coach. At least that's how the best QBs do it.

I went back and watch it again because it really didn't make an impression on me when I watched it the first time. You can see that Dalton is being animated but nobody seems bothered by it. Green seemed bothered enough by the mistake.

I think being angry is the right reaction in that situation. The team isn't performing and then mistakes start making it worse. Whether or not it was expressed appropriately is the key. Without knowing what was said I don't think we can judge. But I agree, right or wrong the point was totally undermined by going out and and making the same mistake himself.

Don Quixote
08-31-15, 09:39 AM
Chicago Corpse Flower refuses to bloom. Jay Cutler at fault.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-botanic-garden-spike-bloom-met-20150829-story.html

chop456
08-31-15, 03:16 PM
[emoji38]

Yep. It's been on the news every night. Yippee.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dando
08-31-15, 04:35 PM
Chicago Corpse Flower refuses to bloom. Jay Cutler at fault.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-botanic-garden-spike-bloom-met-20150829-story.html

Little is known about the plant but scientists hope to find answers about why Spike did not "perform as expected," the release said.

Perhaps some Viagra or Cialis would help in this case. :gomer: :D

Insomniac
09-03-15, 04:13 PM
It's over for a while now.

cameraman
09-03-15, 04:46 PM
Nope they were still woking on Spike today:D

http://www.chicagobotanic.org/titan_arum_corpse_flower

Don Quixote
09-04-15, 10:24 AM
Sorry for the derail. :laugh:

dando
09-04-15, 05:21 PM
Sorry for the derail. :laugh:

Hey, man...I resent your rabble-rousing. :p Plus, Cutler didn't throw a single INT last night against the Clownies. And TPeezy caught 2 for 9 yards, and hopped on one leg for a long of 5 yards. :gomer: :D

In other news, Barkley traded to the Cards, so it looks like Project Teblow is a go in Philly. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
09-05-15, 12:40 PM
Word is they cut Tebow too. Working without a net with only Sanchez behind Bradford. The Eagle might just do worse than the Giants this year.

dando
09-05-15, 01:09 PM
Word is they cut Tebow too. Working without a net with only Sanchez behind Bradford. The Eagle might just do worse than the Giants this year.

Teblow cut confirmed. Mildly surprising. I thought, as did most of the talking heads, that the Barkley trade put Teblow into the mix @ QB. $10 he ends up on the scout team in Philly, as I don't see anyone else picking him up. Not having a #3 QB behind Bradford is a BIG time gamble. And no, IMHO, Philly and Big D will duke it out for #1 in the NFC East. Questions are Bradford and the Big D running game.