PDA

View Full Version : TK & Wally to Trans Am

NismoZ
01-30-15, 12:10 AM
Sure, it's not 1970 but the Trans Am Series (www.gotransam.com) DOES exist, the cars look good, they are fast and loud and they look VERY familiar. Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers...and Corvettes. I see Tommy Kendall and Dallenbach Jr. will make a season of it, too. Not a whole lot of recognizable names but...who can afford one? Factory involvement is NOTHING like what killed the series years ago and engine and tire rules are there to control costs. ANYway...TA class has genuine 800-850 hp motors, TA2 500 hp, even an International class...RA had a grid of 50+ cars. (check out ol' Rick Benjamin on YouTube at the RA event last summer as he gives a little series primer at the start, TV on CBSSN.) Adam Andretti (younger brother of John) had a good season driving a Camaro in TA2 finishing 2nd with 3 wins and 6 poles. His team, ECC Motorsports, is moving up to TA this year. Local team, based just a couple of miles up the road. Guess I'll have to pull for them this year! PS...TK raced a lime green Sam Posey tribute Challenger at Lime Rock last year...be nice if he could do that all THIS season as well.:thumbup: Looking forward to the RA event this year...the NASCAB weekend. Did the TAs lap faster than Nationwide there last summer? Can't find times. HOPE so!

SteveH
01-30-15, 01:06 AM
I always liked the concept behind this series. Back in the early 70s it was huge. Saw Donohue and Revson race in Penske Javelins on the road course at MIS. Which makes me old.

NismoZ
01-30-15, 11:54 AM
Cameron Lawrence was the TA2 Champ last season and had a pretty good start to his 2015 campaign by teaming in the GTD winning #93 Viper at the Daytona 24 last week. Congrats. He also has the BEST videos on the TransAm site and YouTube. You fans of RA may want to look at his 37 min. YouTube clip from the TA race last summer...The first few laps of the race is all you'll need to see to decide if this is your kind of racing. That's Andretti in the #44 and these two were racing like that all last season! A little rain in there, too. There is the added pleasure of a 3-box video showing front, rear, and interior, in HD. Nice. I know...crate engines, 4speeds, tube frames, Hoosier Tires, Steel brakes...Spec series...works for me!:thumbup: See, I'm one of those "true RACE fans!":D Look at some of that Lawrence video and you MAY agree. Series race 1 at Sebring 100 miler, coming up! (forgot in the initial post to mention also a TA3 class!...sheesh.)

NismoZ
01-30-15, 04:22 PM
: