PDA

View Full Version : Rolex 24

NismoZ
01-23-15, 03:11 PM
Ok...nice so far. Ozz Negri (Pew, Almendinger) puts the Shank Racing Curb/Agajanian Honda HPD Ligier on pole. Good looking machine! That D-Wang is FIFTH! Looks VERY racy at this track! Gavin puts a Corvette on the GTLM pole. :thumbup: I wouldn't be against a finish like that.:)

NismoZ
01-24-15, 11:42 AM
Just before Christmas I had the opportunity to visit the WeatherTech factory showroom. The place was mobbed! Who knew car mats etc. would be such popular gifts!? The life-size photo wall murals of their race car alone were entertaining enough... a coffee bar, various motorcycles...AND noticing at Daytona this weekend that two of the guys I most closely follow are IN the #22 WeatherTech 911 for the 24! My coach (1 of) from the Porsche School at Barber, Andrew Davis AND Shane VanGisbergen from the Aussie v-8s join Cooper MacNeil in the 22 car for the Rolex. Nice! Best of luck to the whole team!:thumbup:

NismoZ
01-24-15, 02:15 PM
Oh...and talk about "development"... the Deltawing improved SEVEN seconds over last year at Daytona!

cameraman
01-24-15, 05:41 PM
And didn't last two hours...

NismoZ
01-24-15, 08:07 PM
I blew that anyway...it was the Diesel Mazda that had the big performance improvement but they aren't doing too well either. The Job Racing/WeatherTech Porsche is now 2nd in GTD :thumbup: Love the duels in GTLM...all they need is about 10 more cars in class!

NismoZ
01-25-15, 02:20 PM
Very tight finishes shaping up with a little less than an hour to go...DPs rule,:irked: but Jordan Taylor vs Ryan Briscoe is fun to watch. (1.2 sec gap) BMW looked to be out of it after Spengler trashed the car in the BusStop but DAMN, got back in the lead over Garcia in GTLM...CLOSE. (The BMW is actually faster AFTER it shed rear bodywork in the incident."diffusergate!":rolleyes:) Garcia has REgained the lead by 33 secs after stops. The Job/WeatherTech GTD 911 trails the Viper of Farnbacher by 71 secs but, van Gisbergen is (too) slowly reeling him in....entertaining. If they WIN I'm driving down to the factory store and buying ME some floor mats!:D

NismoZ
01-25-15, 02:33 PM
Very tight finishes shaping up with a little less than an hour to go...DPs rule,:irked: but Jordan Taylor vs Ryan Briscoe is fun to watch. (1.2 sec gap) BMW looked to be out of it after Spengler trashed the car in the BusStop but DAMN, got back in the lead over Garcia in GTLM...CLOSE. (The BMW is actually faster AFTER it shed rear bodywork in the incident."diffusergate!":rolleyes:) Garcia has REgained the lead by 33 secs after stops. The Job/WeatherTech GTD 911 trails the Viper of Farnbacher by 71 secs but, van Gisbergen (:thumbup:) is (too) slowly reeling him in....entertaining. If they WIN I'm driving down to the factory store and buying ME some floor mats!:D

NismoZ
01-25-15, 02:34 PM
OOPS...sorry 'bout that...hey, it's been a LONG race!