PDA

View Full Version : NOT New Car Time, But...

NismoZ
01-10-15, 11:36 AM
Not ready to dump the little Mazda, but can't help looking...Any of you know ANYthing about a Kia Pro Cee'd 1.6 GT Turbo? Kia HERE doesn't! Guess I'll have to go to Australia. One of you guys down there test drive one for me! All kinds of stuff on the web but found nothing about it coming to the US of A.:irked: Pretty good looking little daily driver, methinks!

nrc
01-10-15, 02:55 PM
Maybe we could interest you in a nice Kia Soul. I guess here we get the Forte. Sources say they may put the turbo in that but I'm not sure that will allow them to escape the "reasonably priced car" feel.

NismoZ
01-10-15, 04:57 PM
A turbo Forte might pass but that Soul flunks my "pretty good looking" requirement.:) The Pro Cee'd (actual name:rolleyes:) passes easily!

TravelGal
01-10-15, 10:40 PM
Sorry, it hasn't made it to the rental car ranks so I haven't driven it yet. On my third card since New Year's (I turn them in once a week to get a cheaper rate.) This week's is a Chevy Cruze (Cruise?) I like it. Much better than the Ford F-Bomb (Focus) I just turned in.

opinionated ow
01-10-15, 11:30 PM
What I can tell you is it's made in Slovakia.

DagoFast
01-11-15, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the "C apostrophe D" as seen on Top Gear (UK) as their "reasonably priced car" is for Yurrup only. The closest thing to it in 'Merica would be the aforementioned Forte in a Kia. But if you jump to sister company Hyundai, the Veloster is available with the 1.6L turbo you desire. A bit unconventional styling wise...but hey, like the Chipster says; It is what it is.

Full disclosure: I drive a 2011 Elantra 1.8l Nu engine), the wife a 2010 Soul (2.0l Beta II engine) and our daughter has a 2013 Rio with the NA 1.6l Gamma GDI engine. All have been 100% reliable and in my wife case, her favorite car EVER.

opinionated ow
01-12-15, 06:14 AM
I'm pretty sure the "C apostrophe D" as seen on Top Gear (UK) as their "reasonably priced car" is for Yurrup only. The closest thing to it in 'Merica would be the aforementioned Forte in a Kia. But if you jump to sister company Hyundai, the Veloster is available with the 1.6L turbo you desire. A bit unconventional styling wise...but hey, like the Chipster says; It is what it is.

Full disclosure: I drive a 2011 Elantra 1.8l Nu engine), the wife a 2010 Soul (2.0l Beta II engine) and our daughter has a 2013 Rio with the NA 1.6l Gamma GDI engine. All have been 100% reliable and in my wife case, her favorite car EVER.

You can buy a hot version in the antipodes

NismoZ
01-12-15, 10:07 AM
SlovaKIA...see, that makes sense.:gomer: Building Mazdas in Mexico now, also. Grrrr. That Veloster is a bit TOO unconventional style-wise for me. Maybe by the time I'm ready to pounce that little Cee'd GT will be here?