PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk users

nrc
12-26-14, 11:08 PM
It looks like at least some of you use or have used the Tapatalk mobile app to read the forum. How are you feeling about it these days? I find it increasingly annoying. It seems like I can barely use it to read the forum anymore. Tapatalk's focus these days seems to be on creating something like a single amalgamated forum accessed through their ID and of course with their ads applied. :irked:

I don't want to ask anyone to switch apps on our account, but if you're using Tapatalk are you also using anything else - Forum Runner or others?

KLang
12-27-14, 11:11 AM
I use it occasionally on iOS, mostly when I travel. They have changed the layout a bit but it serves my needs. I only use it to go here and one other forum. I do drill down to the individual forums and have it show only unread threads. No idea why but I rarely see any ads.

cameraman
12-27-14, 03:50 PM
I don't see any ads. But I have not set up a feed, I just use the menu to directly load the unread threads. It seems to work pretty well.

ETA: I used tapatalk to post that just now and I have to say that it worked better for displaying the unread threads and replying than it ever has. This is using iOS8.

SteveH
12-27-14, 06:07 PM
I don't use feeds either and haven't noticed any issues.

nrc
12-29-14, 05:35 AM
Thanks all for your feedback. I suppose I'm just too easily enraged by minor annoyances.

I've updated the tapatalk plugin and in the process found that they have an option to disable the ads that they include.

SteveH
12-29-14, 10:38 AM
Thanks all for your feedback. I suppose I'm just too easily enraged by minor annoyances.

I've updated the tapatalk plugin and in the process found that they have an option to disable the ads that they include.

:thumbup:

KLang
12-29-14, 07:57 PM
iOS app just updated. Yuk. Maybe nrc was using this version. Way less streamlined than it was.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk