PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Movies

stroker
12-25-14, 12:52 PM
Okay, year's done. Let's hear the bottom line. I went through the whole list:

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/2014_movies/Movies_In_Theaters_2014.html

and I think the best movies I saw this year was "Interstellar" the "The Lego Movie" (if only for originality). The biggest disappointment was "Sin City".

I wish I'd seen "Life Itself" and "The Wind Rises" and "The Monuments Men" and "American Hustle".

WickerBill
12-25-14, 01:42 PM
The Battle of the Five Armies is the best movie I saw in 2014.

Note: also the only movie I saw in 2014.

KLang
12-25-14, 01:53 PM
Had no idea how many movies were released in a year, vast majority I've never heard of.

I've seen six from the 2014 list so far, all via iTunes or Amazon or VOD. My favorite would be Captain America although I caught Guardians of the Galaxy a couple nights ago and liked that as well.

dando
12-25-14, 01:55 PM
I saw a few. Saint Vincent (not sure Bill Murray was 'acting'), and Jersey Boys were quite good. I also liked Big Hero 6, but Elmo made me go see it... ;)

dando
12-25-14, 01:56 PM
I caught Guardians of the Galaxy a couple nights ago and liked that as well.

I keep hearing about that one...maybe once the NF embargo ends. ;)

TravelGal
12-25-14, 03:14 PM
I only saw a very few but it looks like I missed a lot of stinkers. I will "rent" the one on Gore Vidal. I vaguely remember him as a guest on the late night circuit. At that age, I couldn't get what he was talking about at all.

We did see Monuments Men. Strangely uninvolving. I was pretty annoyed, considering it's a true story and the very daring. I thought it would be something like Argo, where you knew the outcome but you were on the edge of your seat half the time. So, stroker, read the real stuff and save the dough on the movie unless it comes on for free.

KLang
12-25-14, 03:18 PM
Monutments Men was one of my six, fell asleep part way through. I won't rent it again but will try to catch it on cable someday.

Racing Truth
12-25-14, 03:58 PM
Okay, year's done. Let's hear the bottom line. I went through the whole list:

http://www.wildaboutmovies.com/2014_movies/Movies_In_Theaters_2014.html

and I think the best movies I saw this year was "Interstellar" the "The Lego Movie" (if only for originality). The biggest disappointment was "Sin City".

I wish I'd seen "Life Itself" and "The Wind Rises" and "The Monuments Men" and "American Hustle".

Yeah, no, you missed nothing w/ Monuments Men. Tedious, self-important and boring. Also, an utterly pointless flirtation b/w Matt Damon's character and Cate Blanchett's.

Very different, but Birdman is excellent.:thumbup:

SteveH
12-25-14, 04:43 PM
Crap, have MM on the DVR. Guess I'll wait until I feel like I need a nap. Kind of like when I turn on nascar

Racing Truth
12-25-14, 08:45 PM
Favorite movie of '14? Guardians of the Galaxy. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Insomniac
12-26-14, 02:00 PM
American Hustle was 2013. :)

I only saw 2 in the theaters. Guardians of the Galaxy and Interstellar. Both great movies.

I saw a good number on Bluray (* = I really liked):
The Lego Movie
Non-Stop
300: Rise of an Empire
Need for Speed
Veronica Mars
Divergent
*Captain America: Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
*Million Dollar Arm
Godzilla
*X-Men: Days of Future Past
Maleficent
*Edge of Tomorrow
22 Jump Street
Transformers: Age of Extinction
*Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

A couple on cable recently:
The Monuments Men
Anna

Movies I want to see but haven't are Gone Girl and Fury.

dando
12-26-14, 05:42 PM
American Hustle was 2013. :)

I only saw 2 in the theaters. Guardians of the Galaxy and Interstellar. Both great movies.

I saw a good number on Bluray (* = I really liked):
The Lego Movie
Non-Stop
300: Rise of an Empire
Need for Speed
Veronica Mars
Divergent
*Captain America: Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
*Million Dollar Arm
Godzilla
*X-Men: Days of Future Past
Maleficent
*Edge of Tomorrow
22 Jump Street
Transformers: Age of Extinction
*Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

A couple on cable recently:
The Monuments Men
Anna

Movies I want to see but haven't are Gone Girl and Fury.

I forgot Edge. It was quite, too. In a Groundhog Day kinda way. ;)