PDA

View Full Version : Random moronic genital craniums...

opinionated ow
12-15-14, 10:14 AM
15 hours since this lunatic decided to go all Islamic State on Sydney. I thank God that nobody has been killed and I pray that this terrorist eventually lets the rest of his hostages go, pronto.

Australian media have named him too (with police permission). We invited him in as an Iranian refugee in 1996. Since then he's written offensive letters to deceased members of Australia's military forces (and was convicted by the High Court of Australia), is facing accessory before and after the fact of murder charges and sexual assault charges. Apparently he's demanded a one on one conversation live on radio with the Prime Minister and he wants an ISIS flag delivered on a plate.

It pisses me off. We provided him with a stable, decent democracy that allows freedom of expression, thought, religion and movement. We provided him with welfare. Probably housing too and this is how he repays the country that gave him so much?

KLang
12-15-14, 11:25 AM
Assuming the guy survives, I hope you guys send him back to Iran.

Tifosi24
12-15-14, 11:34 AM
I would assume he hasn't survived as a gun battle erupted less than 10 minutes ago. BBC reports from Channel 7 in Australia that several hostages have been seriously wounded.

opinionated ow
12-15-14, 11:49 AM
Was just about to go to bed when i heard they'd gone in. Flicked the TV on...

Reports are a policeman is seriously injured, maybe four hostages and ambos did CPR on at least one, maybe two.

Update: Channel 7 claiming two dead, one assumes the terrorist and either a hostage or policeman

rabbit
12-15-14, 12:16 PM
Gun battle? I thought guns were illegal in Australia?

TravelGal
12-15-14, 01:07 PM
It pisses me off. We provided him with a stable, decent democracy that allows freedom of expression, thought, religion and movement. We provided him with welfare. Probably housing too and this is how he repays the country that gave him so much?

I hear ya. Media now reporting that he died in the gun battle. I hope those 72 virgins he thought he'd meet all have pitchforks aimed at his favorite parts.

cameraman
12-15-14, 02:58 PM
Gun battle? I thought guns were illegal in Australia?

No, you can still own a gun but it is much, much more tightly restricted than the US.

.22 bolt action rifle or single shot shotgun would be the easiest to get.
Nothing semi-automatic without a ream of paperwork.
Handguns are pretty much limited to target pistols.

Kiwifan
12-15-14, 03:01 PM
So sorry mate, I was hoping it wouldn't end in tears. I would like to think I'm a moderate when it comes to things like this but after Boston and Sydney... If you don't like or can't fit in in your new country, go back home.

Sorry for the rant at this sad time.

Take care Aussie, thinking of our cuzzies.

nrc
12-15-14, 03:02 PM

I'm sure he enjoyed the hospitality. His ilk just doesn't believe that anyone else should enjoy freedom of expression, religion, or movement.

Gnam
12-15-14, 05:24 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/pxbpbl9y1/flag_template_colour.gif
What a scary situation. Sorry to hear two of the hostages were killed. :(

These *******s have got to go.

dando
12-15-14, 05:36 PM
Peace, ow. Y'all need a CIA play book. ;) :saywhat:

opinionated ow
12-16-14, 02:46 AM
Police went in after he shot off his gun. They're not sure whether it was shots from the terrorist or the police that hit the hostages but either way only one person is responsible for their deaths and that's the terrorist. One of the deceased was the cafe manager who apparently tried to get the gun off the lunatic. The other was a mother of three who apparently was doing her utmost to protect her pregnant friend. There were actually two pregnant women in there, luckily both escaped any physical injuries.

Gnam
12-16-14, 03:32 AM
Sydney siege: Amazing scenes as Sydneysiders empty florists to fill Martin Place with flowers

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/sydney-siege-amazing-scenes-as-sydneysiders-empty-florists-to-fill-martin-place-with-flowers/story-fnii5s3z-1227157698015?nk=2a08e3d05930bd3ecfbe7490d0cae4db
Good onya Sydney. :thumbup:
http://s2.postimg.org/ze98zxys9/sydney_siege_628.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/hips2r783/101660_edb2f490_84ce_11e4_b7a3_5366c32c384a.jpg

Elmo T
12-16-14, 09:45 AM
And now this:

Pakistan Taliban kill scores in Peshawar school massacre (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435)

The violence is indiscriminate and senseless. There is no negotiating, no rationalizing, no mediating, no joint conferences, no diplomatic meetings, no financial aid, no humanitarian aid, nothing - none of those things will work to end this violence. Its not US meddling or over-reaching in foreign affairs. It is not about drone strikes. Or Islam. It is not about the CIA torture tactics. Or 9/11. It is not the US & Allies versus the Axis of Evil. That is more complicated than the current situation.

It is purely violent radicals intent on spreading chaos and fear. Nothing more and nothing less.

dando
12-16-14, 12:14 PM
And now this:

Pakistan Taliban kill scores in Peshawar school massacre (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30491435)

The violence is indiscriminate and senseless. There is no negotiating, no rationalizing, no mediating, no joint conferences, no diplomatic meetings, no financial aid, no humanitarian aid, nothing - none of those things will work to end this violence. Its not US meddling or over-reaching in foreign affairs. It is not about drone strikes. Or Islam. It is not about the CIA torture tactics. Or 9/11. It is not the US & Allies versus the Axis of Evil. That is more complicated than the current situation.

It is purely violent radicals intent on spreading chaos and fear. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is simply evil in this world that I will never comprehend. Nor will I understand the need to hate. Period. :shakehead:

opinionated ow
12-17-14, 04:15 AM
Good onya Sydney. :thumbup:
http://s2.postimg.org/ze98zxys9/sydney_siege_628.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/hips2r783/101660_edb2f490_84ce_11e4_b7a3_5366c32c384a.jpg

Amongst the throng the Governor-General of Australia, the Prime Minister of Australia, the Governor of New South Wales and the Premier of New South Wales and their wives all went and laid floral tributes too.

As for Pakistan it's just horrific. What on earth possesses people to do this sort of evil. There has to be some underlying thread. It's horrific. Innocent children just trying to learn. You can't pick a more soft target than that.

Gnam
01-07-15, 11:40 PM
Vive la France!

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mhgbvk.png

opinionated ow
01-08-15, 02:10 AM
Vive la France!

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mhgbvk.png

Another disgusting attack. Freedom of speech is such an ideal, hate to think that anybody would be cowed by this senseless atrocity.

dando
01-08-15, 09:02 AM

dando
01-09-15, 12:23 PM
Jeebus. :shakehead: :( :\

cameraman
01-09-15, 01:16 PM
If you want decent coverage of all things France the news website

http://www.france24.com/en/

has better coverage than anything based on a US TV.
It's the French version of the BBC and it's in English.

nrc
01-14-15, 02:07 PM
In response to this attack on free speech the French are now cracking down on "hate speech". :saywhat:

liberté - you're doing it wrong.

KLang
01-14-15, 02:19 PM
Just read Showtime's Homeland is considering using different bad guys next season due to what happened in France. :shakehead:

opinionated ow
01-15-15, 04:13 AM
Just read Showtime's Homeland is considering using different bad guys next season due to what happened in France. :shakehead:

Pretty poor form although I gave up on it when they killed off the ranga

Lizzerd
01-28-15, 12:16 AM
Mr. Obama,
They are Islamic Terrorist Fanatics, not Insurgents. Say it like it is.

nrc
02-05-15, 06:19 PM
Let's not go political with this.

Hopefully their latest acts of barbarism will create a more united front against these monsters. :shakehead:.

KLang
02-05-15, 06:48 PM
But, The Crusades! :\

dando
02-05-15, 07:11 PM
Let's not go political with this.

Hopefully their latest acts of barbarism will create a more united front against these monsters. :shakehead:.

Nothing political here...just heinous barbarism x11. ISIS/ISIL pissed off Jordan, and they are going after them.

nrc
04-08-15, 06:06 PM
Tsarnaev guilty on all counts. Hopefully they'll give him 30 death sentences.

dando
04-08-15, 09:20 PM
Tsarnaev guilty on all counts. Hopefully they'll give him 30 death sentences.

Not a fan of the death penalty except in extreme cases, but this heinous jackass showed no remorse. Therefore, no mercy. Fry.

cameraman
04-09-15, 01:59 PM
Not a fan of the death penalty except in extreme cases, but this heinous jackass showed no remorse. Therefore, no mercy. Fry.

Not sure how he could have shown remorse, he has not been able to say/write a single word in public since the moment he was arrested. Just sayin'.

nrc
04-09-15, 08:35 PM
Not sure how he could have shown remorse, he has not been able to say/write a single word in public since the moment he was arrested. Just sayin'.

Not strictly true. He could have testified on his own behalf. He could still testify to express remorse in the penalty phase. Instead his demeanor in court has by all accounts been that of someone with no remorse.

dando
04-09-15, 11:17 PM
Not strictly true. He could have testified on his own behalf. He could still testify to express remorse in the penalty phase. Instead his demeanor in court has by all accounts been that of someone with no remorse.

My point exactly.

cameraman
04-10-15, 04:27 AM

There is no way in hell any attorney would ever allow him to testify. His demeanor is scripted by his attorneys, look straight ahead and show no emotion of any kind.

Insomniac
04-11-15, 10:08 AM
My thoughts are that Tsarnaev tried to plea out to avoid the death penalty. One reason the government wouldn't do it was his seeming lack of remorse. So he has had an opportunity behind closed doors. That's pretty much all this trial is about. Death or no death.

gjc2
04-11-15, 11:54 AM
I’m hearing that if he is able to avoid the death penalty he’ll be sent to the super-max prison in Florence, Colorado. That place looks worse than death. At his young age he could be locked up for over sixty years.

nrc
05-16-15, 04:28 PM
It's death for Tsarnaev. They say it will take fifteen years for him to exhaust his appeals. Since he's likely to be in a super-max facility during that time, hopefully those who say it's worse than death will be right and he'll cut short his appeals.

gjc2
05-16-15, 06:34 PM
It's death for Tsarnaev. They say it will take fifteen years for him to exhaust his appeals. Since he's likely to be in a super-max facility during that time, hopefully those who say it's worse than death will be right and he'll cut short his appeals.

I think he got off easy.

At his young age he could spend over sixty years in one of those super max prisons, that is worse than death.

dando
05-16-15, 07:55 PM
Fry him. Yesterday. :irked:

Insomniac
05-16-15, 10:42 PM
I think he got off easy.

At his young age he could spend over sixty years in one of those super max prisons, that is worse than death.

Well, he didn't get what he wanted. And that's pretty much what this whole exercise was for to begin with. So there's something for that.