PDA

View Full Version : So, Californians...

Kiwifan
12-12-14, 01:59 AM
Has apathy set in or are you all out dancing nekkid in the streets? I heard it was raining there. :p thought someone from here would have been talking about said event. :D

dando
12-12-14, 03:26 AM
Sorry, Rusty. You've got your facts wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pyC7WnvLT4

;)

Take care Calitards. And Rusty, run along now and go play with your Hobbit friends... :gomer:

Gnam
12-12-14, 06:50 PM
It rained hard all day here. I'm talking jungle rain. No major wind though.
Parts of San Francisco, including the financial district, were without power most of the day.

I do miss the sun though. It's been three days.

dando
12-12-14, 07:09 PM
I do miss the sun though. It's been three days.

Meh. Try three months. #oHIo :saywhat: :gomer:

Take care.

Kiwifan
12-12-14, 08:23 PM
It made the News here two days in a row so thought it must be a big event. When only dando from oHIo replied I thought you must have been out dancing in the streets. :D

Glad to hear you are ok and still have your sense of humour Gnam, three days indeed. Try living here in NZ, 4 seasons... One day. :p

dando
12-13-14, 12:01 AM
It made the News here two days in a row so thought it must be a big event. When only dando from oHIo replied I thought you must have been out dancing in the streets. :D

Glad to hear you are ok and still have your sense of humour Gnam, three days indeed. Try living here in NZ, 4 seasons... One day. :p

Rusty, the saying around here is if you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes. ;)

In all seriousness, I've seen pics friends have posted on FB, and it's epic. Biggest problem is epic drought + wild fires == massive mud slides. Not to mention the high winds and a foot of rain in places. I just hope it helps ease the drought situation. Two coasts, two massive storms in a week. Oy. :(

Kiwifan
12-13-14, 01:25 AM
Not long back from driving from Seattle via the Oregon Coast and it was beautiful, hot and dry. We did wonder what would happen when the rains did come.
Interesting doing research on the Redwoods once we got back, didn't realize they had had massive flooding in the past.

Take care all.

opinionated ow
12-13-14, 02:41 AM
I think it was 10 straight days of severe thunderstorms in Sydney to open the month!

Kiwifan
12-13-14, 03:47 AM
I think it was 10 straight days of severe thunderstorms in Sydney to open the month!
I was looking for you in the crowd at the V8s last week. :D

TravelGal
12-14-14, 01:16 PM
TravelGuy says it rained steadily Friday and Friday night here in LA. No rain since then. Second storm coming Tuesday. Big mud slides, as mentioned, in burn areas east of us where the vegetation had been destroyed by fires but A-OK at the Travel Homestead. The flight across the lower tier of the US of A last night was also uneventful. I was glad not to have to deal with 4 hours of storm-related bumpy air.

I saw a graphic that said we need 5-6 inches of rain to alleviate the drought (not to get back to normal). This last storm was scheduled to drop 1-2 inches, which seemed low to me given how long it rained. That's in the LA area and over the areas that contribute to water retention.