PDA

View Full Version : Fiat to spin off Ferrari

Napoleon
10-29-14, 01:28 PM
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/10/29/fiat-chrysler-to-spin-off-sports-car-brand-ferrari/?hpw&rref=automobiles&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

nrc
10-29-14, 02:07 PM
Interesting. Can an exotic car manufacturer really survive as a stand alone company in today's market? Seems like one global recession and they could be done.

Insomniac
10-29-14, 02:25 PM
Key will be keeping supply a bit low. An order backlog helps smooth the ebbs and flows.

Andrew Longman
11-05-14, 06:58 PM
Good. People I've talked to thought ferrari was going the other way and increasing output.

I will say that the resale market for all exotic really spiked this year. Buyers seem convinced that they will always be able to sell for more than they paid.

Insomniac
11-05-14, 07:37 PM
Good. People I've talked to thought ferrari was going the other way and increasing output.

I will say that the resale market for all exotic really spiked this year. Buyers seem convinced that they will always be able to sell for more than they paid.

I guess that's my opinion. I'd go as far as to say the airplane model would work well. Deposits and get in line.