PDA

View Full Version : Caterham is imploding

cameraman
10-22-14, 05:50 PM
The new owners of Caterham are all in a tizzy because the bailiffs keep showing up and they can't seem to get the proper titles handed to them. All sorts of press releases and wringing of hands. To which Tony Fernandez replied via Twitter:

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 2h2 hours ago

If you buy something you should pay for it. Quite simple

Oh my.

devilmaster
10-22-14, 10:44 PM
Nice sentiment from Tony F, but thats never no way how the world has worked ever.... :rofl:

cameraman
10-23-14, 11:06 AM
:shakehead:

Fernandes says buyer 'failed to comply with conditions'.

Kolles says:'All the conditions and precedents have been fulfilled by the buyer.'

:rolleyes:

opinionated ow
10-23-14, 08:39 PM
:shakehead:

Fernandes says buyer 'failed to comply with conditions'.

Kolles says:'All the conditions and precedents have been fulfilled by the buyer.'

:rolleyes:

Given their track records and business success I'd trust Fernandes over Kolles

WickerBill
10-25-14, 03:25 PM
And now Marussia will not make the trip to Austin, either. First time for an 18 car grid since 2005.

SteveH
10-26-14, 01:08 PM
Rumor is that the FIA will change qualifications procedures for Austin. With the field down 4 cars and Vettel already saying he want make an attempt as it stands now only one car would not make it out of the first round.

chop456
10-27-14, 02:12 AM
cOST saVINgS AmmPLIfiED!

mapguy
10-27-14, 05:50 AM
More brilliance by the FIA. Harp on about controlling costs and wanting to get a budget cap all the while introducing the single most expensive rule change in F1 history that was not safety related. :rolleyes:

opinionated ow
10-27-14, 06:21 AM
Why is it that every time something goes wrong for Formula 1 it's in the US?

Tifosi24
10-27-14, 07:19 AM
Autosport is reporting this morning that Marussia has entered administration. Who knows if they will make it out of that, but they are due some big stacks of Bernie money since they are 10th in the Constructors championship. Then again, I am sure missing a grand prix for financial reasons has some sort of financial repercussions.

It seem also certain at this point that there will only be 18 cars on the grid next season, and I will echo the comments that the recent rules changes, from a dollars and cents standpoint, were asinine. Now with the FIA considering lifting the engine freeze to throw Renault a bone it is only going to increase spending more. Having all the engine suppliers competitive is best from a sporting standpoint, but if you also have a goal of controlling cost you need to adhere to the regulations as set.

Insomniac
10-27-14, 09:26 AM
What rules changes? Every team has to develop their own car. Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault aren't having trouble supplying engines.

cameraman
10-27-14, 03:11 PM
Designing a new car from scratch wasn't inexpensive. The power units are much more expensive than in the past.

Insomniac
10-27-14, 03:23 PM
Designing a new car from scratch wasn't inexpensive. The power units are much more expensive than in the past.

I still blame the teams. :D

Rus'L
11-03-14, 03:55 PM
Autosport is reporting this morning that Marussia has entered administration. Who knows if they will make it out of that, but they are due some big stacks of Bernie money since they are 10th in the Constructors championship. Then again, I am sure missing a grand prix for financial reasons has some sort of financial repercussions.

Bernie said the Concorde Agreement allows teams to miss up to three races in a year without any penalty.

So, Marussia and Caterham could miss the rest of the season and still get paid any money owed them. Plus, they can still hang on to their entry, which is probably worth more than the value of the team itself.

NismoZ
11-10-14, 09:46 AM
Bernie ALSO says those complaining teams are idiots, are NOT constructors and better not come around with their begging pots! What a SWEETHEART! Ferrari and Red Bull already say they can field 3 car teams to fill in the field but Bernie hates that and would rather have a "2nd constructors" championship for those poor teams who can only scrape up that needed 30 mil.$ :shakehead: Hasn't F-1 already been a 2-level system for YEARS!? Just admit it and give a second trophy? Wonderful. Cool, they can have a 6-tier victory podium too! What would the IRL do!?:tony: