PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - Charlotte

Mary
10-12-14, 09:27 AM
I woke up last night when they were having a post-race fight or something in the infield. Apparently the #2 car had a few issues at the end. Awww shucks!

Saw more than a few aluminati, too. Is it the economy or the NFL? I don't remember seeing so many closed grandstands at cup races before and although the main grandstands looked packed, there was room for the aluminum families elsewhere.

About the racing, this new format is making chase participants desperate. This is going to be even more scary at Talledega, which is bad enough under normal conditions.

Mary

Tifosi24
10-12-14, 05:14 PM
I watched the end of the race. Like most Cup races these days, rather boring. The after race, less boring. Keselowski probably should be banned from the next race for hitting an innocent driver, Kenseth, who wasn't belted in or had his HANS device. He also rammed two other cars on pit road and was crashing into stuff in the garage area. Of course, nothing will happen to him.

I agree about the races, they look really empty. It is clear that the Nascar tracks have been over-built and judging by the attendance at last night's race, it looks like the sport has returned to it's mid to early 1990s level of interest.

NismoZ
10-13-14, 10:53 AM
Ok...now I'm ALL confuseled...There were TWO brawls on TWO nights, or is TV just trying to draw this thing out? Monday morning full of football and fighting...new footage to bring us more excitement? Looked mostly like girlie wrestling to me...except that fat guy in black clocking a guy from behind...Ooooo, BRAVE move. emulates what has been going on behind the wheel, I guess? Who left the skid marks in the GARAGE area...did he lock on to someone who needed a proper ramming, or something? NASCRAP seems to be doing an excellent job in keeping their "sport" at the forefront of...of....whatever. Seats in the stands? yeah, EMPTY ones.:rolleyes:

TKGAngel
10-13-14, 12:31 PM
NASCAR also has the issue of ABC not broadcasting the start of the race due to the TCU/Baylor game. There were some massive NASCAR fan meltdowns happening on Twitter over the decision to stick with football.

TrueBrit
10-13-14, 01:34 PM
NASCAR also has the issue of ABC not broadcasting the start of the race due to the TCU/Baylor game. There were some massive NASCAR fan meltdowns happening on Twitter over the decision to stick with football.

Welcome to being a CART fan circa all of the 90's....

Tifosi24
10-13-14, 03:12 PM

Why would anyone turn away from that gong show of a football game? It really shows how delusional some diehard fans can be.

JoeBob
10-13-14, 05:15 PM
NASCAR.COM has a video of what happened (surprise!)

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/featured-shows/2014/10/13/sprint-cup-series-charlotte-motor-speedway-all-access-brad-keselowski-denny-hamlin-matt-kenseth-post-race-incidents.html

It's so so straight out of the pro-wrestling playbook it is comical.

Also, keep track of the number of times a key player is handed a baseball cap, or has a baseball cap adjusted. It's a fun sub-plot.

Mary
10-13-14, 06:06 PM
NASCAR.COM has a video of what happened (surprise!)

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/featured-shows/2014/10/13/sprint-cup-series-charlotte-motor-speedway-all-access-brad-keselowski-denny-hamlin-matt-kenseth-post-race-incidents.html

It's so so straight out of the pro-wrestling playbook it is comical.

Also, keep track of the number of times a key player is handed a baseball cap, or has a baseball cap adjusted. It's a fun sub-plot.

Uh oh, they said some bad words....

Mary

cameraman
10-13-14, 06:16 PM
What kind of abject stupidity is that? Was he actually ramming cars & equipment in the pit/garage area? Why isn't he banned?

(yeah that is a rhetorical question)

Gnam
10-13-14, 06:16 PM
Nascar justice.

SteveH
10-13-14, 07:06 PM
What kind of abject stupidity is that? Was he actually ramming cars & equipment in the pit/garage area? Why isn't he banned?

(yeah that is a rhetorical question)

Made the national news on NBC, that'a why.

cameraman
10-13-14, 07:12 PM
Made the national news on NBC, that'a why.

What you mean the network carrying NASCAR next year is covering the stupidity? How can that be?

Tifosi24
10-13-14, 08:33 PM
My guess is that if Keselowski wasn't alive in the Chase he would have received a penalty of some kind (probably lame Nascar-style, but you know what I mean), but it won't happen. This is no different than when Kyle Busch tried to kill Ron Hornaday a few years back. Busch should have been sat for the season, but he is worth too much to Nascar.

opinionated ow
10-13-14, 08:59 PM
It made all the news broadcasts in Australia too although none of the sport commentators had a clue what they were talking about

NismoZ
10-14-14, 10:18 AM
Heard Marcos said something like, "I can't wait..."

Wheel-Nut
10-14-14, 05:18 PM
FWIW -

Keselowski was fined $50,000 and Stewart was fined $25,000. NASCAR said Tuesday it was trying to maintain "a safe environment following the race."

Gnam
10-14-14, 08:34 PM
I like to imagine Nascar executives fighting in the hallways after a meeting and then having to answer the media's questions wearing torn shirts and bloody noses. "We don't condone this sort of thing."