PDA

View Full Version : This could be interesting

cameraman
10-11-14, 11:28 PM
The Russian security forces are not guaranteeing that the security precautions surrounding Putin's attendance at the race won't knock all the wireless TV coverage off the air.

opinionated ow
10-11-14, 11:50 PM
The Russian security forces are not guaranteeing that the security precautions surrounding Putin's attendance at the race won't knock all the wireless TV coverage off the air.

Well apart from that one long corner I don't think we'll be missing much...it reminds me of Valencia.

opinionated ow
10-12-14, 08:54 AM
Well apart from that one long corner I don't think we'll be missing much...it reminds me of Valencia.

I was right. That has to count as one of the most tedious races I've ever put myself through. Watching Modern Family would've been more interesting.

Mary
10-12-14, 09:19 AM
Nico made the race a tick more interesting, but overall it was on the dull side. I didn't watch the Winter Olympics earlier this year--I cannot stand NBCs coverage--so I didn't see any of Sochi, but I have to say that the panoramic views were spectacular.

Bernie Ecclestone sitting with Vladimir Putin--birds of a feather?

Mary

OT - Trying to watch the stream of the Chicago Marathon. Talk about useless "human interest" stories and mindless banter! Geez!

opinionated ow
10-12-14, 10:17 AM
Nico made the race a tick more interesting, but overall it was on the dull side. I didn't watch the Winter Olympics earlier this year--I cannot stand NBCs coverage--so I didn't see any of Sochi, but I have to say that the panoramic views were spectacular.

Bernie Ecclestone sitting with Vladimir Putin--birds of a feather?

Mary

OT - Trying to watch the stream of the Chicago Marathon. Talk about useless "human interest" stories and mindless banter! Geez!

I couldn't help but ask where Kim Jong Un was...2/3 of the triumvirate of despots were there

Mary
10-12-14, 01:15 PM
I couldn't help but ask where Kim Jong Un was...2/3 of the triumvirate of despots were there

:rofl::rofl:

Mary

Insomniac
10-12-14, 02:49 PM
*yawn* Well done by Rosberg to manage the tires while also getting past people he needed. I thought he'd need a safety car. What was Williams thinking with Massa? :confused:

Easy
10-13-14, 01:56 AM
Watching Modern Family would've been more interesting.

Thats a tad harsh.

/Edit/ Though I have to admit I fell asleep for almost 20 laps. BUT, I had just (mostly) finished moving.

WickerBill
10-13-14, 07:01 AM
The racing in turn 3 on the first few laps was just incredible. I loved it.

Yeah, Pirelli kind of botched this track, but since it is brand new, and after the really great season they've had compared to last year, I'm giving them a pass.

I do think the track needs a longer straight.

Tifosi24
10-13-14, 09:46 AM
That was a rather dull race and Pirelli will certainly do a better job next year, but I am not sure if it will make future races any better. It is probably the best race track laid out in parking lots, but I don't know if that is a standard you want to win. If this race wasn't another falic instrument for Vlad the Great, this venue would have Korea and India written all over it. Based on the preliminary layout for the epic Azerbaijani Grand Prix in 2016, I would fully expect that race to be on par with the Russian GP.

P.S. I wanted to throttle Leigh Diffy for continually saying how this was an historic day in racing history. We know it is their first grand prix, and no one will remember anything about it unless Rosberg loses the championship by one point.

opinionated ow
10-13-14, 10:00 AM
That was a rather dull race and Pirelli will certainly do a better job next year, but I am not sure if it will make future races any better. It is probably the best race track laid out in parking lots, but I don't know if that is a standard you want to win. If this race wasn't another falic instrument for Vlad the Great, this venue would have Korea and India written all over it. Based on the preliminary layout for the epic Azerbaijani Grand Prix in 2016, I would fully expect that race to be on par with the Russian GP.

P.S. I wanted to throttle Leigh Diffy for continually saying how this was an historic day in racing history. We know it is their first grand prix, and no one will remember anything about it unless Rosberg loses the championship by one point.

Except DIffhead was factually wrong...there were two Russian Grands Prix before the First World War both won by Benz cars...

It reminded me a lot of Valencia...same tedious corners, same acres of run off on a street circuit, same lack of atmosphere, same lack of crowd.

cameraman
10-14-14, 01:29 PM
And Rosberg's reaction to the weekend...

8oBzghomf9s