PDA

View Full Version : Penske Takes Ambrose Home

NismoZ
09-23-14, 10:49 AM
Roger Penske has purchased 51% of Dick Johnson Racing and is taking 2-time Aussie V-8 champ Marcos Ambrose (no word yet on a 2nd driver) back home. Marcos has already stated his goal is to win the 1000 at Bathurst. I see where changes have been made to that track and Marcos will run the entire '15 season and expects to contend for the title in '16. Wonder if he is available for the Gold Coast and/or Mt.Panarama THIS year? Nice story, hope things work out.:thumbup:

opinionated ow
09-23-14, 12:26 PM
Roger Penske has purchased 51% of Dick Johnson Racing and is taking 2-time Aussie V-8 champ Marcos Ambrose (no word yet on a 2nd driver) back home. Marcos has already stated his goal is to win the 1000 at Bathurst. I see where changes have been made to that track and Marcos will run the entire '15 season and expects to contend for the title in '16. Wonder if he is available for the Gold Coast and/or Mt.Panarama THIS year? Nice story, hope things work out.:thumbup:

Definitely not available this year, he has commitments with RPM in Nascar.

I don't think he's going to light up the world straight off the bat. That team has been pretty hopeless for a while. Ford stopped supplying finances a few years back. The only changes at Mt Panorama are a new debris fence and a repave.

NismoZ
09-23-14, 03:09 PM
Sort of figured that. Thanks for the info. Know both of those events call for a bunch of extra drivers so I was just wondering. The "name" drivers at Surfers is a wonder to behold, and who WOULDN'T want to see or win the Bathurst 1000!? Glad the character of the track wasn't messed with. Aware Dick Johnson Racing has been struggling for a long time but Penske, his $$ and the Ford connection SHOULD have a positive effect on team performance. (?) Now get a KIWI in the 2nd seat and have a REAL international effort!:D

opinionated ow
09-23-14, 10:36 PM
Sort of figured that. Thanks for the info. Know both of those events call for a bunch of extra drivers so I was just wondering. The "name" drivers at Surfers is a wonder to behold, and who WOULDN'T want to see or win the Bathurst 1000!? Glad the character of the track wasn't messed with. Aware Dick Johnson Racing has been struggling for a long time but Penske, his $$ and the Ford connection SHOULD have a positive effect on team performance. (?) Now get a KIWI in the 2nd seat and have a REAL international effort!:D

Ford Australia aren't interested. They've said so. Surfers Paradise has been changed and the international format dropped. It's the same people as Sandown and bathurst now just fyi

NismoZ
09-25-14, 09:29 AM
Ahhh, CRAP! (but thanks for the fyi I did NOT like hearing!):irked:

NismoZ
11-06-14, 04:59 PM
Nice. Reading where Marcos WILL be running the Sydney race in early December...sounds like he is happy to be going back and anxious to get this whole thing started! Good luck!:thumbup: