PDA

View Full Version : Formula E - first race

cameraman
09-13-14, 02:03 PM
The resemblance to the IRL is a bit scary...

QK8_63_hlhY

Might have to create a Formula E subforum :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gnam
09-13-14, 02:15 PM
Here's the last lap incident between Prost (left) and Heidfeld (right).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r700R2c3t4s

Race recap:
http://racer.com/indycar/505-international-racing/108558-formula-e-di-grassi-wins-as-prost-triggers-last-lap-crash

They have to change cars midway through the race? :laugh:

NismoZ
09-14-14, 02:08 PM
Right, "incident." That was a freekin' MUGGING! Prost should be banned for LIFE! One of the most disgusting, STUPID acts of "driving" I have ever seen. How Heidfeld kept himself from tracking down that idiot and beating the living CRAP out of him is MORE difficult to believe than the stupid move that started the whole thing! Formula E...it doesn't stand for entertainment!

G.
09-14-14, 02:36 PM
Heidfeld should have grabbed that back wing and beat Prost to death with it.

Thank goodness for the foam wall (?).

Are Dallaras designed to hit the wall topside first?

Reminds me to look for the 50% sale at the hobby store.

opinionated ow
09-14-14, 10:40 PM
For my money the best bit is that 3rd place (Abt I think) was disqualified for not using enough electricity!

Who got the extra power for being popular?

opinionated ow
09-14-14, 11:58 PM
Okay so I sat through that. I won't do it again. Ugly cars. Spec series. Horrible noise but the music is worse. No innovation. Cars are slow and being driven within their limits because they can't hold energy.

Tifosi24
09-15-14, 07:30 AM
The reaction from the elder Prost is priceless. First, I can't believe he did that and then, I hope he didn't kill Heidfeld.

gjc2
09-15-14, 07:15 PM
that made the crap wagon league look good.

Gnam
09-15-14, 08:06 PM
Katherine Legge describes a Formula E car as tricky to drive.

The battery is heavy so the weight distribution is more rearward than you would normally run. This makes setup tricky and for tricky driving... It tends to have snap oversteer in the medium and faster corners, which then turns to exit understeer. You are always busy and to drive this car on the edge is not so easy, even though you have less power.

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/108433-legge-racing-formula-e

Insomniac
09-22-14, 02:03 PM
I watched it and was unimpressed by the presentation and did not like the sound of the cars. They sound like RC cars out there and again with the bumpers on an open wheel car? The commercials were abrupt and there was little explanation about the cars throughout the race. How were people in spec cars seemingly obtaining more power than others (excluding the "fan boost")? Heidfeld didn't just set up Prost for a whole lap, he had something extra it seemed.

Rus'L
10-07-14, 03:28 PM
Right, "incident." That was a freekin' MUGGING! Prost should be banned for LIFE! One of the most disgusting, STUPID acts of "driving" I have ever seen. How Heidfeld kept himself from tracking down that idiot and beating the living CRAP out of him is MORE difficult to believe than the stupid move that started the whole thing!

One reason -- they are teammates in WEC.