PDA

View Full Version : N'Awlins

TravelGal
08-30-14, 01:12 PM
From Autoweek:

"The State of Louisiana understands the economic and cultural potential of this annual event," said NOLA Motorsports Park owner Laney Chouest. "Track operations are currently underway to transform NOLA Motorsports Park into a Verizon IndyCar Series circuit, complete with state-of-the-art equipment, grandstands and viewing platforms racing fans need for a truly enjoyable experience."

"Earlier this year, the state of Louisiana committed $4.5 million to make enhancements to the racetrack in support of the event. This investment, combined with private funding from NOLA Motorsports Park, helped facilitate required track and facility improvements necessary to host a Verizon IndyCar Series event."

At least it's scheduled for a reasonable time of year. I hope. April 10-12. Work already started so that's a good sign.

mapguy
08-30-14, 06:12 PM
I see a 'one and dun'.

KLang
08-30-14, 07:21 PM
Just announced here in Houston no race in 2015 because they could not find a spring date. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
08-30-14, 11:42 PM
Late June in the jungle heat of Houston? Who thought that was a good idea? :shakehead:

Of course they found a spring date for equally jungle-like NOLA which is pretty much the same market as far as I can tell (but without Shell $ I will bet).

fWIW in my time in Houston the last few years the race was pretty well promoted.

KLang
08-31-14, 12:13 AM
fWIW in my time in Houston the last few years the race was pretty well promoted.

I remember when every Shell station promoted the race weekend. Back in the CART days. These days? Not so much.

chop456
09-01-14, 01:32 AM
Late June in the jungle heat of Houston? Who thought that was a good idea? :shakehead:

The same people who thought the IRL was a good idea.