PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pool '14

Pages : 1 [2]

Dvdb
11-12-14, 01:25 PM
It's Wednesday...........................

TravelGal
11-12-14, 02:22 PM
Pool Host was playing up this morning but I managed to get my picks in. Noticed that dando is first as always. He must have a crystal ball.

cameraman
11-12-14, 04:24 PM
Not sure picking or not picking will have much of an effect given my recent mad pickin' skilz

cameraman
11-16-14, 07:44 PM
I do believe that is the worst I have ever done but I still beat Dando:D

nrc
11-17-14, 01:30 PM
Dando brought down bad mojo on himself by picking against his team. :gomer:

I actually made up some ground for a change. I've been trying to pick some upsets to get back in it and it finally paid off.

dando
11-17-14, 01:55 PM
Dando brought down bad mojo on himself by picking against his team. :gomer:

I actually made up some ground for a change. I've been trying to pick some upsets to get back in it and it finally paid off.

I picked against them so they would win. ;) I flipped a mental coin. I have no idea who this team is, or Carrot Top for that matter. :saywhat: Perhaps I should be more impressed that Gresh actually held onto a pass, which of course he dropped before reaching the end zone. :irked: :shakehead:

But in any case, I had fun inflicting mental anguish on Clowns fans yesterday. :gomer:

Don Q, still smiling now? :D :p

Dvdb
11-19-14, 01:31 PM
another week, another bump.............

TravelGal
11-19-14, 08:19 PM
I go for a long shot or two, trying to make up a little ground. Instead it's like Manning and G'ints. No connections. I see GManFan votes GMen all the way. :laugh: Wonder if he'll get one more before the year is out? They usually win just enough at the end of the season to barely make (or just miss) the playoffs (just like the Chargers). Not great for the fans.

cameraman
11-20-14, 12:56 AM
I should just hit random picks cuz really could I do worse?

WickerBill
11-20-14, 07:34 AM
Last week was a bloodbath for sure.

Insomniac
11-20-14, 01:37 PM
I go for a long shot or two, trying to make up a little ground. Instead it's like Manning and G'ints. No connections. I see GManFan votes GMen all the way. :laugh: Wonder if he'll get one more before the year is out? They usually win just enough at the end of the season to barely make (or just miss) the playoffs (just like the Chargers). Not great for the fans.

Next year is the year that Coughlin will be about to be fired and they will beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl as a wild card/underdog giving Eli 3x as many rings as big bro and as many as Brady while I wonder how the Patriots have fallen so far. :D

Dvdb
11-25-14, 07:00 PM
Early games this Thursday.......get your picks in before the hustle and bustle.

TravelGal
11-26-14, 03:38 PM
Early games this Thursday.......get your picks in before the hustle and bustle.

Consider my bustle hustled.

cameraman
11-26-14, 04:23 PM
Well the random pick option was not a success...

TravelGal
11-26-14, 05:50 PM
Well the random pick option was not a success...

Ain't that the truth. Yet I did it again this week. :rolleyes:

Dvdb
11-27-14, 01:26 PM
I've always wondered if anyone used the random picks option...............

Almost used the all home teams this morning.

TravelGal
11-27-14, 08:18 PM
I've always wondered if anyone used the random picks option...............

Almost used the all home teams this morning.

OH. you mean it's a real thing? An actual choice to make? You mean I could just click a button instead of wasting brain cells on my wild and wooly picks? Who knew......

Dvdb
11-28-14, 12:24 AM
Yep, at the bottom of each weeks games, they have an all home games, all away games, and random pick options. I have been tempted to use it once just to see the weeks results.

Dvdb
12-03-14, 01:23 PM
It's Wednesday, it's "bump" day.................

TravelGal
12-04-14, 01:59 AM
It's Wednesday, it's "bump" day.................

I think you have a second career as a pole dancer.

Dvdb
12-04-14, 04:33 PM
Second??

WickerBill
12-05-14, 11:04 AM
Bad feeling this is the week I come back to the pack. Picked the Cowboys... then overthought about the cold, about the last Cowboys game, about the Bears two big receivers... and changed it. DUMB.

TravelGal
12-05-14, 12:41 PM
Where's that dancing banana when I need it? I'm taking a screen cap of the chart this morning. We're number one! For 2 days anyway.

WB, I don't think anyone can catch you even if you have an off week but we'll see. Keeping our collective fingers crossed for Seattle.

cameraman
12-05-14, 02:40 PM
Whereas I picked Chicago mostly because I hate Dallas....

Dvdb
12-05-14, 06:05 PM
Not only can WB be caught, he will be caught.

Plenty of games left to be played.............Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

dando
12-05-14, 07:02 PM
Not only can WB be caught, he will be caught.

Not if he keeps stealing my picks. :irked: :gomer:

TravelGal
12-08-14, 10:47 PM
I won I won I won I won I won I won I won. Not seemly to celebrate but it's a long time since I had to look from the bottom all the way to the top to find my name.

I'll try to get my picks in from Tampa this week.

dando
12-09-14, 02:32 PM
I won I won I won I won I won I won I won. Not seemly to celebrate but it's a long time since I had to look from the bottom all the way to the top to find my name.

I'll try to get my picks in from Tampa this week.

Congrats. How the heck did that happen? ;)

nrc
12-09-14, 07:56 PM
Ugh. What a disaster. We were in Vegas so I'm glad I didn't place any bets.

Missy tried to convince me to bet on the Buckeyes. You can thank me for the win since I passed on that as well.

WickerBill
12-09-14, 08:00 PM
What kind of crazy people spend time in Vegas in December??

Dvdb
12-10-14, 05:44 PM
Bump

Commissioner duties..............

cameraman
12-10-14, 09:34 PM
Just missing the folks visiting Tampa....

TravelGal
12-10-14, 11:36 PM
Still there, still there (in Tampa). Unfortunately I'm not sure i'll be able to get my picks in. Compter difficulties and cellphone impatience arr not a good combination. Sic transit gloria.

Dvdb
12-10-14, 11:37 PM
TravelGal, DM them to me again if you need to.

nrc
12-11-14, 03:21 AM
What kind of crazy people spend time in Vegas in December??

Just habitual gamblers, IT nerds, and cowboys from what I saw.

TravelGal
12-11-14, 12:37 PM
TravelGal, DM them to me again if you need to.

Thanks, commish. I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel using their wifi. It's not secure so the whole world knows my picks !!!!! but I got 'em in. See how dedicated I am. LOL!

Dvdb
12-11-14, 02:22 PM
You're just going for two weeks in a row. Be honest.

WickerBill
12-11-14, 05:18 PM
Just did a last minute pick change. This never works.

dando
12-11-14, 10:00 PM
You're just going for two weeks in a row. Be honest.

No worries. This silly person named Marje added me on FB. All your base are belong to us... :D :p :gomer:

#$onyhackers ;)

TravelGal
12-11-14, 10:36 PM
You forgot the "are" (belong to us). And why not go for two in a row. A woman's reach should exceed her grasp after all.

dando
12-11-14, 11:01 PM
You forgot the "are" (belong to us). And why not go for two in a row. A woman's reach should exceed her grasp after all.

Did not. :gomer: :p

TravelGal
12-14-14, 12:42 PM
Did not. :gomer: :p

I SWEAR it was not there on my cell phone. Jeez. That's why I don't do any work at all when I'm my mother's.

That said, I DID MAKE MY PICKS. N'ya n'ya n'ya.

dando
12-14-14, 04:05 PM
I SWEAR it was not there on my cell phone. Jeez. That's why I don't do any work at all when I'm my mother's.

That said, I DID MAKE MY PICKS. N'ya n'ya n'ya.

There be this thing called Edit... :P

I just hope you picked the Clowns. :looks at scoreboard: :D

TravelGal
12-15-14, 01:08 PM
There be this thing called Edit... :P

I just hope you picked the Clowns. :looks at scoreboard: :D

Oh, sigh. I'm more distressed by my Vikings. I keep hoping they'll outlast the clock and they never do. :(

dando
12-15-14, 05:33 PM
Oh, sigh. I'm more distressed by my Vikings. I keep hoping they'll outlast the clock and they never do. :(

Damn. GMen and Vikings in the hizzy? Sounds like a certain NFL commercial. ;) And peeps here think I'm odd (and I am <g>)...Buckeyes, BenGals, Dodgers, Celts, Phlyers and CBJ fan suffering. ;) Born in Pittsburgh, but I loathe the black and gold...(almost as much as TTUN). :gomer: ;)

EDIT: a thought occurred to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9oR9x171w

;)

Dvdb
12-17-14, 04:02 PM
bump..........Picks, please.

Dvdb
12-18-14, 06:42 PM
Waiting on the C-Man.......

dando
12-18-14, 06:47 PM
Waiting on the C-Man.......

No...that's Cameratard. :gomer: ;)

TravelGal
12-21-14, 08:16 PM
My poor Vikings. :cry: On the other hand, I have to give it to the Chargers. TravelGuy is going to be hoarse for days.

dando
12-21-14, 11:33 PM
My poor Vikings. :cry: On the other hand, I have to give it to the Chargers. TravelGuy is going to be hoarse for days.

Could be worse...you could be a Nags fan living in Indy after the Dolts got hammered, getting ready for a beat down by the stripes tomorrow night. :wishful thinking: :gomer: ;) :looks at WB: :)

WickerBill
12-22-14, 06:05 AM
Do you think the Bengals really have the DBs to handle Denver? Oh wait, we don't throw the ball anymore. And it will be cold and wet.

Yeah, I'm guessing Dalton has a triumphant, famous victory tonight and then poops the bed with it all on the line next Sunday night.

dando
12-22-14, 06:51 AM
Do you think the Bengals really have the DBs to handle Denver? Oh wait, we don't throw the ball anymore. And it will be cold and wet.

Yeah, I'm guessing Dalton has a triumphant, famous victory tonight and then poops the bed with it all on the line next Sunday night.

I got nothin'. Raiderz > Bills > Pack....'skins > Iggles > 'boyz with *s > Iggles :confused: :saywhat:

I predict Andyman does a Cutler impersonation tonight. Manning does an Elway and engineers a The Drive, The Fumble, The Flying Leap to win. Leading up to an epic turd to be laid in the place of my birth next Sunday night. :irked:

Oh, and get off my lawn. :I'm gettin' old: ;)

:)

TravelGal
12-22-14, 03:34 PM
Oh, and get off my lawn. :I'm gettin' old: ;)

:)

Well, how about that? I always wondered what you looked like. :p

dando
12-22-14, 03:46 PM
Well, how about that? I always wondered what you looked like. :p

Nada. That's Don Q. displaying his inner WB. :gomer: ;)

This is how I roll...

:D

WickerBill
12-22-14, 04:16 PM
Surely they won't lose on my birthday right?

Literally dreading this game all weekend. Usually not a good sign.

nrc
12-22-14, 04:48 PM

The Bengals' DBs are good enough on a good day. Usually when they give up a lot of passing yards it's tight ends against linebackers or one of their "we forgot how to tackle" games.

If the Bengals could pull off an upset tonight that would clinch a playoff spot and that might loosen them up enough to pull off a win against the Steelers next week. The Bengals haven't really beaten anyone good this season so unless they can start now it may be just as well to stay home as have another playoff embarrassment.

Insomniac
12-22-14, 07:49 PM
Can I get 3.0 pts between Jeremy Hill and Emmanuel Sanders? I think so, but Manning's recent futility and Denver's (run) defense actually has me thinking I could manage to lose the fantasy championship. I'm going for back-to-back, and my co-workers are not gonna like it!

nrc
12-22-14, 09:21 PM
Surely they won't lose on my birthday right?

Literally dreading this game all weekend. Usually not a good sign.
Dreading? What have you got to lose? Pats at home wouldn't be so bad. I'd take it. :D

Game time!

Dvdb
12-23-14, 02:34 PM
Just a heads up, there are no Thursday nor Saturday games this week. Just as God intended.

Plan accordingly, and Merry Christmas.

TravelGal
12-23-14, 04:36 PM
Just a heads up, there are no Thursday nor Saturday games this week. Just as God intended.

Plan accordingly, and Merry Christmas.

I am planning accordingly. I'm doing my picks today so I don't have to worry about them over Christmas! At least I think I am, if I remember to do it after making my fudge.

Merry Christmas to you too, commish.

dando
12-23-14, 04:38 PM
It's Festivus today, folks. ;)

TravelGal
12-23-14, 06:55 PM

Made me look. I never watched Seinfeld so I decided to read the whole history of the day and the episode.

Wellll, I hope my picks turn out better than the fudge. Good thing we like ice cream. We've got a lot of topping. Must be something about being 80 degrees in the kitchen.

SteveH
12-23-14, 07:17 PM

http://blog.kokuaviewer.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Festivus-human-fund.jpg

dando
12-23-14, 07:39 PM
Made me look. I never watched Seinfeld

I disown and unfriend you. NEVER watched Seinfeld?!? Never?!? A pox on your Vikes (not that they need any help). :p Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are must watch TeeVee. Period. :)

dando
12-23-14, 07:43 PM
http://blog.kokuaviewer.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Festivus-human-fund.jpg

Feats of strength are later, dude. First, the airing of grievances... ;)

Kruger, you couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.. I lost my train of thought.

:D

TravelGal
12-28-14, 11:30 PM
Ya might know. I finally give up on the Vikes and they win one. I was having a fit about "those darn Vikings" and TravelGuy replied dryly, "Well, I bet they're happy." Made me laugh but I'm still down in flames. :flaming:

dando
12-29-14, 05:38 PM
WB musta picked Cincy. Bad mojo. ;)

Dvdb
01-01-15, 11:02 PM
Bump....let the playoffs begin.

TravelGal
01-01-15, 11:26 PM
WB musta picked Cincy. Bad mojo. ;)

Made me laugh again. Wonder what he's up to this week?

WickerBill
01-04-15, 05:22 PM
Y'all freaked me out when I saw I was the only one who picked the Ravens. I spent the first quarter wondering "what did I miss that everyone else saw??"

dando
01-04-15, 06:15 PM
Y'all freaked me out when I saw I was the only one who picked the Ravens. I spent the first quarter wondering "what did I miss that everyone else saw??"

I submitted my picks before Bell was ruled out. Otherwise I would have gone Ravens. At least I got the BenGals/Colts pick correct. :gomer: :saywhat: This one isn't on Dalton.

nrc
01-04-15, 08:41 PM

Their last three games? They just haven't been playing well the last few weeks. Even without Bell I expected that Rothlesburger would win a track meet. But Flacco turned on his playoff form and the Ravens were able to disrupt Rothlesburger with Nata back.

Dvdb
01-07-15, 02:31 PM
Bump......two games Saturday, two games Sunday.

TravelGal
01-11-15, 08:53 PM
Dancing bananaaaaaaaa.

Dvdb
01-15-15, 11:00 PM
Apparently there are two NFL games on Sunday...................

TravelGal
01-15-15, 11:40 PM
Apparently there are two NFL games on Sunday...................

I just made my picks but I didn't see yours. ;)

cameraman
01-16-15, 12:26 PM
Seems there is only one missing...

Dvdb
01-16-15, 03:46 PM
Done..........

dando
01-16-15, 04:35 PM
Done..........

Slacker. :p Now go change WB's picks...:D

TravelGal
01-27-15, 10:00 PM
I understand there's a game this Sunday so get your picks in. It's the cheaters v the losers. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

Dvdb
01-28-15, 02:39 PM
And since I am in second place, 14 points behind Wickerbill, the "Big Game" will be worth 15 points.........

nrc
01-29-15, 01:54 AM
I need to know what pressure the balls will be at before I can make my pick.

Insomniac
01-29-15, 09:55 AM
I need to know what pressure the balls will be at before I can make my pick.

I can see why you need to know. They play better with properly inflated balls. :D

1st Half: 11 of 21 (52%), 95 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 60.6 rating
2nd Half: 12 of 14 (86%), 131 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 145.2 rating

nrc
01-30-15, 02:02 PM
But Tom Brady is 1-0 in games where balls were found to be under-inflated.

Insomniac
01-30-15, 03:58 PM
But Tom Brady is 1-0 in games where balls were found to be under-inflated.

The key word in that sentence is found. He's 160-47. :gomer:

Dvdb
02-04-15, 01:54 PM
Congratulations to Wickerbill, the OffCamber NFL14 Champion. If I had followed through on my threat to make the Super Bowl a 15 pt pick,I would have retained my title.

Congratulations also to "JessGuessin" who recruited her husband this year, and thus avoided another last place finish. ( I am discounting Cameraman, who missed a week and surely would have had one game right)

Enjoy the next few weeks and start following College Basketball for out annual Bracket Challenge.

WickerBill
02-04-15, 02:49 PM

Dvdb
02-04-15, 06:57 PM
Funny enough, I was walking past a local antique shop a few weeks ago, and in the window were three Cups of various size. (Think Vanderbilt Cup).

Seriously thought about buying one as a trophy to be awarded and passed along each year. $85 was a bit much.

So please accept this virtual Blue Ribbon as this years champion........

cameraman
02-04-15, 07:36 PM
( I am discounting Cameraman, who missed a week and surely would have had one game right)

They way I was working this year there is no guarantee that that would have been the case:cry:

TravelGal
02-04-15, 11:14 PM
Congratulations to Wickerbill, the OffCamber NFL14 Champion. If I had followed through on my threat to make the Super Bowl a 15 pt pick,I would have retained my title.

Congratulations also to "JessGuessin" who recruited her husband this year, and thus avoided another last place finish. ( I am discounting Cameraman, who missed a week and surely would have had one game right)

Enjoy the next few weeks and start following College Basketball for out annual Bracket Challenge.

Ouch. PBBBBBT.

Yes, poor GManFan, he picks them even when they can't win. I mean, well, gee. Anyway, I look at this way, my percentage has gone up 2-3 points every year. I may still be grazing the bottom of the barrel but I do win the week every now and then and I may yet crack 60% right some year. :laugh:

Dvdb
02-04-15, 11:23 PM
When I win Powerball this evening, we will revisit the trophy thought...............