PDA

View Full Version : Spa

cameraman
08-20-14, 09:29 AM
André Lotterer to replace Kamui Kobayashi at the Belgian Grand Prix. It isn't clear if this is for one race or the rest of the season.

WickerBill
08-20-14, 10:18 AM
32 years old! I hope he does well.

cameraman
08-20-14, 10:28 AM
Looks to be just for Spa. Too bad he is in such a crap car.

Insomniac
08-21-14, 06:53 PM
Alexander Rossi in at Marussia:

American rookie Alexander Rossi will make his Grand Prix race debut this weekend in Belgium after being drafted in as a late replacement for Max Chilton at Marussia.

The team said Chilton, who has raced for the Banbury-based squad since 2013, was being substituted "while contractual issues are resolved".
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/8/16224.html

chop456
08-22-14, 01:59 AM
I know a guy that subbed and did his first GP at Spa due to, uh... "issues" with one of the team's primary drivers, too. :gomer:

WickerBill
08-22-14, 07:24 AM
Rossi out, Chilton back in.

chop456
08-22-14, 08:07 AM
http://consumermediallc.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/telecheck.png

indyfan31
08-22-14, 10:48 AM
Rossi out, Chilton back in.

Well that's too damn bad, I'd like to have seen him run. :irked:

cameraman
08-22-14, 02:33 PM
Same old same old, Maldonado strikes again.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvqMAFJIYAAr-mB.png:large

Kiwifan
08-22-14, 04:00 PM
Same old same old, Maldonado strikes again.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvqMAFJIYAAr-mB.png:large

Saw it happen Live, even the announcers didn't sound surprised anymore.

DagoFast
08-24-14, 10:40 AM
That was possibly the dumbest thing a German has done since invading Russia in the winter time.

stroker
08-24-14, 11:57 AM
What time is the rebroadcast, if there is one?

Dvdb
08-24-14, 12:49 PM
replay 8 pm central on Monday

Insomniac
08-24-14, 01:25 PM
I like how the network is oblivious to what is on the screen and obscure on screen graphics with their ticker (and the flip side in knowing the ticker will be there and placing graphics there). Happens with the parental warnings also.

cameraman
08-24-14, 02:21 PM
Full-on meltdown in progress in the Merc garage.

Also Magnussen got handed a 20 second penalty for running Alonso off track in that dice at the end. The drops him from 5th to 12th so it is huge.

The Merc stupidity is the best thing that could happen to Ricciardo.

Insomniac
08-24-14, 04:27 PM
It's so easy to make Germans the villain. With Rosberg signed up for 3 more years, it may be hard to keep Hamilton without a Donovan McNabb style financial apology.

I'd say that's a racing incident if they aren't teammates. It's stupid when you're teammates.

gjc2
08-24-14, 05:47 PM
I'd say that's a racing incident if they aren't teammates. It's stupid when you're teammates.

I agree.

The idea of team mates, who are both going for the championship, being buddies is very optimistic.

Insomniac
08-26-14, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I think Hamilton has been accurate in what he has said and Rosberg has no response but to deflect. "I have to see the video." "I want to keep this internal."

This was interesting too:

Asked whether Sunday was a consequence of Budapest, and a subsequent meeting at Spa, Hamilton kept an open mind.

"It’s interesting because we had that meeting on Thursday and Nico expressed how angry he was," he said. "I was thinking ‘It’s been three weeks and you’ve been lingering (on it)?!’

"He expressed how angry he was, he literally sat there and said how angry he was at Toto and Paddy (Lowe). But I thought we should be good after that and then this result...it’s interesting."

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Motorsport/2014/08/25/Hamilton-wonders-whether-Rosberg-can-be-trusted/

Was Schumacher that entitled? His teammate should SLOW down and let him past? (I mean beyond team orders.)

indyfan31
08-27-14, 12:22 AM
As was mentioned in the post race show, does anyone really believe Rosberg is good enough to plan an accident so precisely as to cut Hamilton's tire and only break the end plate on his own car? :irked:

That said he was in the process of catching a sliding rear end when they touched.

cameraman
08-27-14, 02:02 AM
No. I believe he was being a jackass and had the nose of his car where it had absolutely no business being in lap two of a race.

chop456
08-27-14, 05:46 AM
A driver made a miscalculation. I'm shocked. Shocked!

Insomniac
08-29-14, 06:16 PM
A driver made a miscalculation. I'm shocked. Shocked!

Doesn't sound like a miscalculation. Rosberg wasn't moving and whatever the consequence was, he didn't care.

Gopeddle
08-30-14, 06:24 PM
I think he did care. I don't think he intentionally tried to cut Lewis' tire, but he was trying to make a point to Lewis that he wasn't just going to given in as easily as some others. It will make Lewis think twice before trying to force his way past Nico if that opportunity ever arises. It's not the first time a driver has used that tactic to make the point that he's not a push over.

Gary
08-30-14, 08:39 PM
I think he did care. I don't think he intentionally tried to cut Lewis' tire, but he was trying to make a point to Lewis that he wasn't just going to given in as easily as some others. It will make Lewis think twice before trying to force his way past Nico if that opportunity ever arises. It's not the first time a driver has used that tactic to make the point that he's not a push over.He was not alongside, so Lewis shut the door as he should. Nico could have avoided contact by backing off more or cutting the corner, but he did not. There is no valid point made by hitting your teammate's rear tire with your front wing, except to re-affirm that you're immature & petulant & you'll sacrifice anything to avoid getting beaten by your more-talented teammate. Lewis is no angel, but he doesn't crash into or spoil the final qualifying of his teammate.

Insomniac
08-30-14, 10:56 PM
I think he did care. I don't think he intentionally tried to cut Lewis' tire, but he was trying to make a point to Lewis that he wasn't just going to given in as easily as some others. It will make Lewis think twice before trying to force his way past Nico if that opportunity ever arises. It's not the first time a driver has used that tactic to make the point that he's not a push over.

How was Lewis forcing his way past Nico?

No one is reasonably claiming Nico intentionally cut Lewis' tire, or that he could even be capable of pulling that off. And you confirm he didn't care because all he cared about was making a point. He risked his car to make a point. It's not the first, it's not the last, but it's always going to be stupid for a teammate to do it.