PDA

View Full Version : MARCOS!

NismoZ
08-10-14, 02:26 PM
Sure, I have followed Aussie V-8s for quite a few years but I pull for Ambrose ANY time he's on a road course. Wins the Nationwide at Watkins Glen yesterday and leads "The World's Best Drivers" there today.::D Gordon 2nd, with FIFTY to go, makes perfect sense, too. A finish like that would not be upsetting to ME!:thumbup: Is Ambrose going back to The V-8s with Cindric/Penske or not? If he does I WILL sign up for that live streaming thing!

Mary
08-10-14, 05:06 PM
Four laps to go, Marcos & Dinger going at it and another caution. Nope, about to post and another red flag. Glad everybody is okay, but geez.

Mary

NismoZ
08-10-14, 05:30 PM
Yeah...how was THAT for some great in-car video!? AJ and Marcos 1-2 or 2-1...I won't complain either way! Road racing! Have to say, after seeing that McDowell wreck, I had some bad, BAD memories of that damn armco at Watkins Glen...better have tires there next year!:irked:

NismoZ
08-10-14, 05:35 PM
Here we go...AJ had a great start...Marcos goes by...AJ gets it back....fun stuff!...AJ gets it...Congrats!!! Remember him crying after blowing the win in Edmonton? Bet he isn't thinking about that one NOW! "Toe to toe with the best and came out ahead."-Dale Jarrett. Says a lot about Marcos, too! (loved his interview...with AJ spinning in the background) AJ's too! Childress, Penske, his Dad...happy times!

Mary
08-10-14, 05:42 PM
This was nice, congrats Dinger!

Mary

trish
08-10-14, 05:44 PM
Finally! A.J.

chop456
08-11-14, 07:19 AM
Watching those road course races is entertaining in the same sense as watching a hippopotamus do the 100m hurdles.

Unfortunately it takes a lot longer.

NismoZ
08-11-14, 08:15 PM
Yeah, but some of those hippos have riders that make them do stuff that's a lot more fun to watch than just seeing them trot around. Like that Hippo Cam, too. Hip to hip, 3 wide, left and right, up and down hills...2nd best hippo racing out there....I like the baby Aussie hippos better.:p

opinionated ow
08-12-14, 08:14 AM
Yeah, but some of those hippos have riders that make them do stuff that's a lot more fun to watch than just seeing them trot around. Like that Hippo Cam, too. Hip to hip, 3 wide, left and right, up and down hills...2nd best hippo racing out there....I like the baby Aussie hippos better.:p

I'd rather watch NASCAR than V8 Supertaxi...

Kiwifan
08-12-14, 03:03 PM
I'd rather watch NASCAR than V8 Supertaxi...

Are you SERIOUS???? :shakehead:

You Aussies. :D

nrc
08-12-14, 03:51 PM
At least the V8 Supercars still have some resemblance to there road-going namesakes but it sounds like they're pretty much a spec series these days. :\

opinionated ow
08-13-14, 07:44 AM
At least the V8 Supercars still have some resemblance to there road-going namesakes but it sounds like they're pretty much a spec series these days. :\

mechanically they're identical apart from the engines which are regulated within an inch of their lives. Then to guarantee equivalence they came up with the wizard wheeze of a minimum amount of fuel that must be loaded into the cars during the races.

Andrew Longman
08-13-14, 10:00 AM
I was there for the 16th year in a row. Only NASCAR race I do and I wouldn't do Sonoma even if it was next door. The Glen is great for these cars. The spec is underbraked which is good. Talent is uneven which is good. For whatever reason it always produces good racing. And it is a beautiful area.

That restart with Dinger and Marcos may have been the best road racing lap of the year. :D